• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hydroxychloroquine actually kills more patients than no treatment at all

Watchmen

Premium Member
And is there a rigorously tested, peer reviewed study that shows it to be effective?

If not....next (and POTUS should not, therefore, have been pushing it, but you'll never admit that, will you?)
I’m a moderate. Not a Trump lover.

To answer your question, I am not aware of any such peer reviewed studies. But I believe there were non-reviewed studies and statements from doctors and researchers who supported use of the drug. Many personal anecdotes as well. But let’s ignore all that and just hate on Trump because.....why not.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I’m a moderate. Not a Trump lover.

To answer your question, I am not aware of any such peer reviewed studies. But I believe there were non-reviewed studies and statements from doctors and researchers who supported use of the drug. Many personal anecdotes as well. But let’s ignore all that and just hate on Trump because.....why not.
Because time of health experts warned about resorting to these drugs, and worried the outcome could be worse than covid itself. Despite this, Trump promoted the drug, going as far as to claim it has been through the approval process, prompting the FDA to clarify that no it has not been through the approvals for that.
Trump must be held accountable for his words and the consequences they have.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Trumps miracle cure turns out to kill more people in VA study just released

More deaths, no benefit from malaria drug in VA virus study
Trump doesn't have a medical miracle cure. He's not a doctor.

I don't think the drug necessarily kills more people as it already is a FDA tested and approved drug. Side effects maybe? From the way it sounds, it's nonetheless ineffective. I'm pretty sure they'll be looking at other alternatives and remedies.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...treat-covid-19-despite-little-proof-they-work

Immunology has got to be a difficult field.

Dan From Smithville

Recently discovered my planet of origin.
Staff member
Premium Member
Trumps miracle cure turns out to kill more people in VA study just released

More deaths, no benefit from malaria drug in VA virus study
You beat me to it.

But I don't understand. His most Royal Majesty told us that it was a game changer. It will magically get rid of the virus, flatulence, ingrown hairs, baldness, and so forth. It is just fantastic. Amazing how he understands this stuff. Must be channeling his uncle.

Twilight Hue

Because time of health experts warned about resorting to these drugs, and worried the outcome could be worse than covid itself. Despite this, Trump promoted the drug, going as far as to claim it has been through the approval process, prompting the FDA to clarify that no it has not been through the approvals for that.
Trump must be held accountable for his words and the consequences they have.
It is an approved FDA drug. The thing is it's not approved for covid-19 as the experts were skeptical it would not do much good.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
He never takes the blame for anything. His defenders will assert he never told people to take it, he only touted it and claimed common sense. Next.
Of course. He did, but he didn't. He said, but he didn't say. He touted, but he didn't tout.

How he has managed to lie and convince others to defend his lies is his major accomplishment.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It is an approved FDA drug. The thing is it's not approved for covid-19 as the experts were skeptical it would not do much good.
It is NOT FDA approved for Covid. It has NOT been through the approval process. Being an FDA approved drug doesn't mean it's approved for anything other than what it was specifically approved for. Had anyone else said it, the FDA would have a very strong case to nuclear roast their *** in court. As would be appropriate, as promoting the drug in such a way for that is wreckless and even criminal.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
It is NOT FDA approved for Covid. It has NOT been through the approval process. Being an FDA approved drug doesn't mean it's approved for anything other than what it was specifically approved for. Had anyone else said it, the FDA would have a very strong case to nuclear roast their *** in court. As would be appropriate, as promoting the drug in such a way for that is wreckless and even criminal.
When a person is in a position where their words are heard by many and often acted upon as if they were expert advice, it is important that such a person choose their words carefully. Considering that since Trump started touting this drug, people have been hoarding it, some have died from taking formulations not intended for medical use and others have died from taking medicinal versions all based on that touting, he should learn a lesson. My prediction is that he will blame others, deny he said anything and move on, learning nothing. His followers will mop up for him and condemn anyone that points out the facts.

Twilight Hue

That's what I just said. I was actually agreeing with ya. *Grin*

The thing is though it is just a study it wasn't like they were distributing it to massive amounts of people but rather participants of the study. I'm pretty sure they were informed of the potential risk involved that it may not be effective.

So I don't really think any illegalities have been breached.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

The thing is though it is just a study it wasn't like they were distributing it to massive amounts of people but rather participants of the study. I'm pretty sure they were informed of the potential risk involved that it may not be effective.

I believe, considering the conditions and needs, they were able to operate under approval to conduct their study.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member

It is not exactly the same, since it is pesticides and not medicine, but use restrictions on some pesticides have been waved to combat extreme pest problems in some regions. The risk to food security being deemed greater than the short term risk associated with a particular use of a particular pesticide. It is my understanding that the FDA has done something similar with hydroxychloroquine so that it could be tested.