• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hydrogen Fuel-Cell Cars are Cool!

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I am an enthusiast of new types of automobiles that utilize new types of energy sources to power the vehicle.

The other day, I was introduced to a Toyota Hydrogen Fuel-Cell vehicle by an oil company employee, the vehicle was startlingly attractive and a great product in what it delivers. It was called the 2017 Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Vehicle and is a sedan. Being a HUGE fan of Tesla vehicles – not because I am “green party” type at all and do not believe in the religion of “global warming” which I consider normal, cyclical, part of nature, much more related to things such as sun flares and sun spots etc, but like everyone else I want to continue to reduce pollution. I love Tesla’s because they are a great product, period, and I am a fan of electric vehicles. Soon we will have small electric engines next to each wheel – four such engines total – and the performance and cost savings are going to be great.

But this Hydrogen Fuel-Cell vehicle really caught both my attention and that of a friend of mine. What a sharp looking and cool vehicle!

2017-toyota-mirai_100568539_m.jpg

2017-toyota-mirai_100565742_m.jpg

So how much does this beauty cost? Well, it’s $57,000 but that is less than a Tesla Model S.

We were curious about the “fuel”. How much does it cost and how far can you go on one “fill up”?
The answer is, you can fill up in literally about 3 minutes flat – bingo, it’s full – and a “fill up” at one of the Hydrogen Fuel-Cell stations costs about $50 dollars. That $50 dollars will get you 300 MILES OF DRIVING!

Wow! I could fill up in the SF Bay Area and drive to L.A. on one fill up.

So I live the San Francisco Bay Area, and my next question was – so how many filling stations are there in the Bay Area?

No much. But doable. And predicted to grow. The ones in my area are run by TRUE ZERO fuel stations. But again, not a lot of them – in the entire Bay Area the active fueling stations are only 5 stations (opps!). There is one in Hayward, Campbell, Saratoga and South San Francisco. That’s it.

Hayward-True-Zero-hyrogen-station_Vertical-1000h.jpg

There is also one up in Sacramento, California.

Three more are being built now in the San Jose Area, and one in San Ramon, California, and there is planned to be one in Walnut Creek, California.

I have no idea what sort of fueling stations are available in Vancouver, B.C., if any.

But these cars are totally cool. The DOWNSIDE is, for your $60 thousand you are only going to get about 150,000 to 200,000 miles and then – you are going to have to buy a new one. And there are like – (none?) – very few “hydrogen fuel-cell vehicle mechanics” or “repair shops”. Not good, but that is changing.

So the popularity is growing – and we have brand new sedans available from Audi, Chevy, Honda, Hyundai, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan and Toyota. The Toyota version is really nice, and a great drive!

I am getting old, but I love the new tech we are seeing in mobility and vehicles. I do not fully understand the mechanics of this car, but it looks like this:

electric-car_labels.jpg

Less complicated than my laptop!

My heart and dream is still for a Tesla – and with Tesla stock now over $300 dollars a share and yes I am a shareholder, the Tesla is a true valued product extremely popular in my area and I think the best car on the market. But these hydrogen fuel-cell cars are NICE, and already a great product as well that is only going to improve and soon there will be more fueling stations.

Nice car.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I still have contacts at GM Truck & Bus, where I once worked.
Word has it that they'll introduce a new highway tractor ("semi truck" to
you rubes) which runs on massive hydrogen (atomic symbol "H") fuel cells.
It's developed in their high tech Denburg MI facility.
It will hit the market as "The H In Denburg".

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I like hydrogen, but in consideration for how hydrogen can be mass produced dosent sound as economical or clean when you consider what it takes for one form of energy to transfer to another including any byproducts from manufacturing, usage, and disposal.

Guess what I'm asking is how a mass quantity of hydrogen can be manufactured along with any nessessary components, and what resources are required to produce hydrogen on a mass scale for roughly 7,432,663,275 people worldwide?

Jake1001

Computer Simulator
Is $50/300mi. good ? That is $0.167/mi.

Electric cars are $0.033/mi.

I am an enthusiast of new types of automobiles that utilize new types of energy sources to power the vehicle.

The other day, I was introduced to a Toyota Hydrogen Fuel-Cell vehicle by an oil company employee, the vehicle was startlingly attractive and a great product in what it delivers. It was called the 2017 Toyota Mirai Fuel Cell Vehicle and is a sedan. Being a HUGE fan of Tesla vehicles – not because I am “green party” type at all and do not believe in the religion of “global warming” which I consider normal, cyclical, part of nature, much more related to things such as sun flares and sun spots etc, but like everyone else I want to continue to reduce pollution. I love Tesla’s because they are a great product, period, and I am a fan of electric vehicles. Soon we will have small electric engines next to each wheel – four such engines total – and the performance and cost savings are going to be great.

But this Hydrogen Fuel-Cell vehicle really caught both my attention and that of a friend of mine. What a sharp looking and cool vehicle!

So how much does this beauty cost? Well, it’s $57,000 but that is less than a Tesla Model S.

We were curious about the “fuel”. How much does it cost and how far can you go on one “fill up”?
The answer is, you can fill up in literally about 3 minutes flat – bingo, it’s full – and a “fill up” at one of the Hydrogen Fuel-Cell stations costs about $50 dollars. That $50 dollars will get you 300 MILES OF DRIVING!

So I live the San Francisco Bay Area, and my next question was – so how many filling stations are there in the Bay Area?

No much. But doable. And predicted to grow. The ones in my area are run by TRUE ZERO fuel stations. But again, not a lot of them – in the entire Bay Area the active fueling stations are only 5 stations (opps!). There is one in Hayward, Campbell, Saratoga and South San Francisco. That’s it.

Three more are being built now in the San Jose Area, and one in San Ramon, California, and there is planned to be one in Walnut Creek, California.

I have no idea what sort of fueling stations are available in Vancouver, B.C., if any.

But these cars are totally cool. The DOWNSIDE is, for your $60 thousand you are only going to get about 150,000 to 200,000 miles and then – you are going to have to buy a new one. And there are like – (none?) – very few “hydrogen fuel-cell vehicle mechanics” or “repair shops”. Not good, but that is changing.

So the popularity is growing – and we have brand new sedans available from Audi, Chevy, Honda, Hyundai, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan and Toyota. The Toyota version is really nice, and a great drive!

I am getting old, but I love the new tech we are seeing in mobility and vehicles. I do not fully understand the mechanics of this car, but it looks like this:

electric-car_labels.jpg

My heart and dream is still for a Tesla – and with Tesla stock now over $300 dollars a share and yes I am a shareholder, the Tesla is a true valued product extremely popular in my area and I think the best car on the market. But these hydrogen fuel-cell cars are NICE, and already a great product as well that is only going to improve and soon there will be more fueling stations.

Nice car.

Last edited:

Milton Platt

electric-car_labels.jpg

Nice car.

What is the environmental impact of producing, compressing, storing and transporting the hydrogen??? You have to take that into account.