• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Husband of Marjorie Taylor Greene, controversial Georgia Republican, files for divorce

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Husband of Marjorie Taylor Greene, controversial Georgia Republican, files for divorce (msn.com)

The husband of controversial Georgia Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene filed for divorce Wednesday on grounds their marriage is “irretrievably broken.”

Perry Greene, who married the firebrand politician, is also asking to seal the divorce proceedings, “because the parties’ significant privacy interest in sealing the records outweighs the public’s minuscule interest in access to said records,” court documents show.

According to the divorce petition filed in the Georgia Superior Court of Floyd County, Greene and his wife, 48, had already separated.

The couple were married in 1995, while they were both studying at the University of Georgia, court documents show.

Another Marjorie Taylor Greene? We found Congress' next potential lightning rods.

Marjorie Taylor Greene's House race: Greene's race is costliest of 2022. Meet the Army veteran running against her.

"Sensitive personal and financial information” will likely be revealed throughout the case, according to the filing, “which would negatively impact the parties’ privacy interests.”

Greene could not immediately be reached for comment by USA TODAY.

“Marriage is a wonderful thing and I’m a firm believer in it,” she said in a statement released to Fox News. “Our society is formed by a husband and wife creating a family to nurture and protect. Together, Perry and I formed our family and raised three great kids. He gave me the best job title you can ever earn: Mom. I’ll always be grateful for how great of a dad he is to our children."

Her husband released this statement:

"Marjorie has been my best friend for the last 29 years and she has been an amazing mom. Our family is our most important thing we have done. As we go on different paths we will continue to focus on our 3 incredible kids and their future endeavors and our friendship."

Greene first grew in notoriety after promoting QAnon conspiracy theories She has since spent her first term without committee assignments, feuding with colleagues and refuting any ties to the Jan. 6, 2021 Capitol attack. Earlier this month Greene's campaign did not respond to USA TODAY requests for an interview or comment.

So, now she'll be single. I don't know how this will affect her political career.

F1fan

Veteran Member
I'm actually more curious why anyone would marry her in the first place. The divorce sounds reasonable.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I'm actually more curious why anyone would marry her in the first place. The divorce sounds reasonable.
I expect she’ll get plenty of offers from guys with baseball caps, beards and GUNS. Oath Keepers and so forth.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Meanwhile, "First Lady Edith Wilson was simply mad for cornmeal pancakes."

Does anyone have anything else of minimal interest to share?
Don't rain on our parade!
My schadenfreude organ is pleased that this
"family values", "good Christian", "moral majority"
conservative ruined her own marriage with infidelity.
The icing on the cake is that one of her paramours
is a "tantric sex guru". This is borderline slapstick.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Don't rain on our parade!
My schadenfreude organ is pleased that this
"family values", "good Christian", "moral majority"
conservative ruined her own marriage with infidelity.
The icing on the cake is that one of her paramours
is a "tantric sex guru". This is borderline slapstick.
And I share Edith's love for cornmeal pancakes.