• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hurricane Irma -- Info for shelters, evacuating, etc.

4consideration

Premium Member
I intend to post information for people evacuating from Irma, or otherwise in need of information on this thread.

In a situation like this everything changes. What is normal no longer applies. It is tough to think.

I will be posting links and whatever I can find that I think may be helpful to any one currently being affected.

As much as I love to joke around, please do not joke on this thread.

If you have links and helpful information, please post that. Everything changes so fast. If you are posting about specific shelters, please call and verify availability and note that at the time of posting.

Please keep in mind it may be helpful to forward some of this information to people you know of who are in the process of evacuating.

4consideration

Premium Member
Evacuating and on I10 near Gulf Shores, Alabama?

The below quote is information accurate as of about an hour ago:

Baldwin County Coliseum Shelter
Right now I have confirmed some availability (as of a few minutes ago) close to I10 near Gulf Shores, Alabama, exit 49. Takes pets. Nearing capacity. Once full will send people to Montgomery.

1. Take exit 49 toward Gulf Shores/Orange Beach 0.4 mi/619 m
  2. Turn left onto Baldwin Beach Exp (CR-68) 7.1 mi/11.4 km
  3. Turn right onto Fairground Rd (CR-50) 1.6 mi/2.5 km
  4. Arrive at Fairground Rd (CR-50). Your destination is on the right

19477 Fairground Rd, Robertsdale, AL 36567-7818

Fair grounds shelter: 251-947-3247

Last edited:

SabahTheLoner

Master of the Art of Couch Potato Cuddles
Be safe, those affected. I've been hearing all kinds of terrible stories about the hurricane.

If you're evacuating please do so wisely and with care. Take only what you need to get to a safe location. Most importantly do your best to stay calm.

4consideration

Premium Member
This link shows evacuation shelters on a map, so if someone is on the road they can see them relative to where they are.

ArcGIS Web Application

(Some of the other shelter pages list by county, but people on the road probably don't know what county they are in, and might pass up something nearby. This is really great, but it would be even more helpful if shelter maps included interstate hwy exit numbers -- in number order.)