• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Silverscale derg

That's an awefully large wall of text that's difficult to read on a small screen... Not trying to be nitpicky, but paragraphs are badly needed...

Err, not really just things that "stand still". Chimpanzees hunt bush babies and other animals with spears.

killerchimp.png

I'm not sure what you mean by this, or what/who you may believe "god" is in this context. I would appreciate some clarification.

Might seem a little awkward if I was in a conversation with someone who hunts and I say, "Oh yah, I took this deer's life for meat when I went hunting over at the national forest by Sandy Hill".

I'm against hunting for furs, personally, if the whole animal isn't utilized. As for Raccoons, that usually happens when the hunter is ignorant on how to prepare them. Personally, I don't hunt raccoons. They aren't very tastey.

And what if letting the predators overpopulate results in the extinction of other animals? Sometimes disease rears it's ugly head and wipes out animals that are already weakened by overkilling them.

Although, I do agree with you on some of your other points.

What makes predators a special case? Does that mean people shouldn't eat fish or bears?

Err... I'm confused. My original point about spiders, snakes, and eagles is that they hunt in ways that make the animals less challenging. Easier. Much like humans do. The less work a predator does, the more energy he/she conserves.

Alrighty then.

Animals use bait in the wild all the time. Ever heard of the angler fish?

I agree that hunting coyotes isn't right, but I have the luxury to feel that way in a state where coyotes aren't a problem. In some states, they really are an issue. As for people stepping back, good luck with that... Humanity is ever growing, for better or for worse. :shrug:

Fair enough but they don't have guns where they can sit back in a tree and wait because I don't think they can wait, just saying.

"god" is the one of the bible, the one that people always use to justify killing "oh god put animals on earth for humans to use" or "animals have no souls" which I've heard from hunters, as well as human advocates to claim humankind is more important than any animal and somehow they're special.

harvesting to me has been translated to mean the picking of plants, not the taking of a life.

Hunters kill them in claims of "pest control". Yes they go into the trash but it's free food. I'm glad you're respecting their lives.

It shouldn't cause extinction of other animals, they need to test their boundaries to know how many they can and can't kill. Think of it as calibration.

Predators are not a special case as I think all life is important, humans have predator killing contests where they kill a huge number of coyotes, wolves, bob cats and whatever other predators the "contest" allows. Humans don't eat predators therefore should not kill them. You only kill what you use fully.

If people eat bears then fine I guess, I don't really like it but as long as they're used to the fullest then it's fair. I eat quite a bit of fish, they're food. I have no problems with anyone eating any meat, sure I dislike when people eat reptiles because I see it as needless killing, especially when you use reptiles as live fish bait...

Yes they use biological advantages and that's fair for they evolved to do such. Humans on the otherhand if left out without a weapon would not survive. I look at species in the way of how it would be with just their body, no weapons, even with humans, no weapons. Fish do use bait but i'm more referring to land dwelling creatures. Coyotes don't imitate mating calls of their prey, nor do deer make distress sounds to lure coyotes out to kill them in revenge.

Hunting any predator just to have more deer isn't right. They have the coyote problem because they keep killing them, animals want to survive so those which get heavily hunted such as coyotes breed faster and at an earlier age which isn't the most healthy for the population but still.

I am aware of humanity ever growing but I feel like it should stop growing. All this stuff online about social justice and people crying because gender or whatever is all messed up, the real issue is animal rights, not human rights. Humans are treated well compared to other animals which with the growing population of humans are fighting for scraps.

An example of a well made ecosystem is Chernobyl, radiation scared off all the humans but now it's a refuge for wildlife, not a human reconsidered one but it might as well be. They don't look like they're growing two heads, they look strong and healthy