• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Silverscale derg

So humans as a whole like to kill other creatures, not only for food but for "population control" when the other species doesn't have a population above that of humans,

Wolves have been killed off from the lower 48 of the US, They were reintroduced but oh no they're "Canadian" wolves (a human made border and concept I might add) wolves have no idea there is a border there. Hunters seemed to be in an uproar and I want to know why. I've heard the whole livestock "reason" but give them a break, they work very hard for every kill they get because unlike humans they don't have guns. The second "reason" I've heard is for "their" deer as the hunters call the deer that they "save" only so they can hunt them later.

Coyotes get way more hate, they're seen basically as target practice. It seems that hunters every time they pass a coyote can't resist shooting the poor dog. I've heard the "our deer" reason for that too

On both sides I've heard population control but nature can already do that. Where do the hunters get off in taking the lives of creatures only looking to survive.

Off of predators now, another creature in the crosshair are iguanas. Some complain that they're in Florida yet that's a perfect climate for reptiles, there's swamps too. Iguanas eat plants and that's about it. Humans call them "invasive" yet somehow humans don't call themselves invasive for doing more damage than iguanas could ever do not to mention humans are warm blooded therefore aren't climate restricted and are all over the world but iguanas who happened to take up residence in a nice warm place is hated? That's such a double standard.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Humans are very much a part of nature. Animals hunting animals is one of the ways nature handles population control and guess what, humans are animals.

Silverscale derg

Humans are very much a part of nature. Animals hunting animals is one of the ways nature handles population control and guess what, humans are animals.

"humans are a part of nature" well one problem. Nature has a cycle of predator and prey. Predators don' always kill the prey, prey sometimes kills the predators but that's fair. They both had their bodies. Humans have guns so whatever they aim at dies basically not to mention that when a creature kills and eats a human they freak out and humans kill them. No other creature retaliates for the natural death of their others. I don't see the deer's familiy go after wolves and kill them for eating one of them. If humans didn't do that then I would think of it. Humans think of themselves as "highly intelligent" but if that was true then why the need to kill for sport? Are you really that sick that you get off on hunting animals that are just trying to live. Sure hunt deer I don't care...they provide food but the issue comes when people kill wolves, coyotes, cougars, bobcats and other creatures I know they won't eat

Altfish

Veteran Member
I don't have a problem with hunting to feed oneself and the family.
I used to fish a lot, not as much now, I occasionally took one for the pot but most fish I caught were returned.
I've never done it but I suppose vermin control makes sense too...but the definition of vermin sound like a loophole in the making.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Off of predators now, another creature in the crosshair are iguanas. Some complain that they're in Florida yet that's a perfect climate for reptiles, there's swamps too. Iguanas eat plants and that's about it. Humans call them "invasive" yet somehow humans don't call themselves invasive for doing more damage than iguanas could ever do not to mention humans are warm blooded therefore aren't climate restricted and are all over the world but iguanas who happened to take up residence in a nice warm place is hated? That's such a double standard.

The territory belongs to the dominate species in the area. You seem to have this silly notion that nature is nice or fair, but she is not. Nature is cruel and favors the strong while allowing the weak to die. Over 99 percent of all species that have existed have gone extinct. Nature is not nice or fair and humans are the dominate species in Florida, the territory belongs to them. Now I am not saying they should destroy it but if iguanas are like rats then some mass killing may be in order. After all the humans need to defend their territory.

Silverscale derg

I don't have a problem with hunting to feed oneself and the family.
I used to fish a lot, not as much now, I occasionally took one for the pot but most fish I caught were returned.
I've never done it but I suppose vermin control makes sense too...but the definition of vermin sound like a loophole in the making.

I don't mind hunting to feed ones self but hunting just for sport is just really sick. Yes wolves eat deer, no the deer aren't yours they're everyones. I hope that when you fished you did it without the use of live bait especially lizards as live bait because that is just really sick. I wish you would not do "vermin" control because wolves, coyotes, iguanas, raccoons and so on aren't vermins they're just creatures trying to live. Yes predators eat other animals but unlike humans they work for their kill and no sitting in a stand using a call isn't working for your food especially because of guns. If any creature is a vermin it's humans with a population of 7 billion and all over the world yet when a species of less population, way way way less population is in the "wrong" area like the "Canadian" wolves, mexican coyotes, and iguanas somehow it's such a big deal but when humans do it, it's only called traveling

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
"humans are a part of nature" well one problem. Nature has a cycle of predator and prey. Predators don' always kill the prey, prey sometimes kills the predators but that's fair. They both had their bodies. Humans have guns so whatever they aim at dies basically not to mention that when a creature kills and eats a human they freak out and humans kill them. No other creature retaliates for the natural death of their others. I don't see the deer's familiy go after wolves and kill them for eating one of them. If humans didn't do that then I would think of it. Humans think of themselves as "highly intelligent" but if that was true then why the need to kill for sport? Are you really that sick that you get off on hunting animals that are just trying to live. Sure hunt deer I don't care...they provide food but the issue comes when people kill wolves, coyotes, cougars, bobcats and other creatures I know they won't eat

"Humans have guns"

Human intelligence was a result of natural selection.

"Are you really that sick that you get off on hunting animals"

I don't hunt or fish.

Silverscale derg

The territory belongs to the dominate species in the area. You seem to have this silly notion that nature is nice or fair, but she is not. Nature is cruel and favors the strong while allowing the weak to die. Over 99 percent of all species that have existed have gone extinct. Nature is not nice or fair and humans are the dominate species in Florida, the territory belongs to them. Now I am not saying they should destroy it but if iguanas are like rats then some mass killing may be in order. After all the humans need to defend their territory.

The territory is made for the dominant species which humans are not. Nature is more fair without humans. Yes the population keeps getting stronger and stronger but humans favor the strong good looking healthy ones instead of the mangy. Humans aren't the dominant species, humans are the invaders. Humans don't need to defend "their" territory. Humans are everywhere but Chernobyl. If it was in a reptile friendly area then they would thrive there...humans are literally everywhere...with an overly high population...they don't need any more land. Iguanas sure chew up grass or whatever but they have no idea about human property. They aren't like rats. The only mass killing that should happen is with humans

Silverscale derg

"Humans have guns"

Human intelligence was a result of natural selection.

"Are you really that sick that you get off on hunting animals"

I don't hunt or fish.

Humans aren't smarter than any other creature, they can just use weapons with their strange body. I'm glad you don't and I hope you don't start but your statement was sick

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
The territory is made for the dominant species which humans are not. Nature is more fair without humans. Yes the population keeps getting stronger and stronger but humans favor the strong good looking healthy ones instead of the mangy. Humans aren't the dominant species, humans are the invaders. Humans don't need to defend "their" territory. Humans are everywhere but Chernobyl. If it was in a reptile friendly area then they would thrive there...humans are literally everywhere...with an overly high population...they don't need any more land. Iguanas sure chew up grass or whatever but they have no idea about human property. They aren't like rats. The only mass killing that should happen is with humans

Let me know when the lizard army starts to march.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Humans aren't smarter than any other creature, they can just use weapons with their strange body. I'm glad you don't and I hope you don't start but your statement was sick

Maybe you personally are not smarter than other types of animals but most other humans enjoy that advantage.

Altfish

Veteran Member
I don't mind hunting to feed ones self but hunting just for sport is just really sick. Yes wolves eat deer, no the deer aren't yours they're everyones. I hope that when you fished you did it without the use of live bait especially lizards as live bait because that is just really sick. I wish you would not do "vermin" control because wolves, coyotes, iguanas, raccoons and so on aren't vermins they're just creatures trying to live. Yes predators eat other animals but unlike humans they work for their kill and no sitting in a stand using a call isn't working for your food especially because of guns. If any creature is a vermin it's humans with a population of 7 billion and all over the world yet when a species of less population, way way way less population is in the "wrong" area like the "Canadian" wolves, mexican coyotes, and iguanas somehow it's such a big deal but when humans do it, it's only called traveling

I have used small fish as bait, usually dead but not always. In defence of angling I will point out that in the UK anglers are usually the first people to spot and report pollution events.
The biggest damage to fish life I have seen was by minx released by animal rights campaigners. They decimated our local river and adjacent pools.
Never used a gun on anything living, only targets.
I'd disagree about vermin, often they congregate because of human activity, e.g. rats and seagulls on refuge tips. In my country we do not have wolves, coyotes, iguanas or racoons. so I can't comment about them

Silverscale derg

Maybe you personally are not smarter than other types of animals but most other humans enjoy that advantage.

Humans always claim that they're smart but look at your body. You stand on two legs and have thumbs yet you judge others on a human standard which is already bias because it's human standards. If you use a reptile to try to solve a maze as a rat would they would look less intelligent although the conditions such as noise makes them still because in nature they can hide especially if you're talking about anoles so there's no reason for them to run just from noise, not to mention they're cold blooded. All creatures are smart but in their own unique way. Wolves know how to kill prey by working together unlike humans which rely strictly on weapons to do the killing. Humans don't have keen noses either

Silverscale derg

I have used small fish as bait, usually dead but not always. In defence of angling I will point out that in the UK anglers are usually the first people to spot and report pollution events.
The biggest damage to fish life I have seen was by minx released by animal rights campaigners. They decimated our local river and adjacent pools.
Never used a gun on anything living, only targets.
I'd disagree about vermin, often they congregate because of human activity, e.g. rats and seagulls on refuge tips. In my country we do not have wolves, coyotes, iguanas or racoons. so I can't comment about them

It's good that it's another fish and it's already dead, so long as you don't ever use a reptile because that is sick. Sure they are reliant on humans because they're scavengers but still. It's trash not livestock anyways. Most countries have wild canines or felines of some sort. Iguanas are reptiles and Florida is perfect. They aren't "native" but neither are humans and you can call them "invasive" all you want but they literally eat plants...plants...Humans are more destructive than them.

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
It's good that it's another fish and it's already dead, so long as you don't ever use a reptile because that is sick. Sure they are reliant on humans because they're scavengers but still. It's trash not livestock anyways. Most countries have wild canines or felines of some sort. Iguanas are reptiles and Florida is perfect. They aren't "native" but neither are humans and you can call them "invasive" all you want but they literally eat plants...plants...Humans are more destructive than them.

You don't see to understand the basics of an ecosystem. Plants are perhaps the most important living organism for the continuation of life and a healthy ecosystem. Other native species rely on the plant life for their own survival. Invasive species are called such because they have no natural predator in the area to balance them out, they throw off the balance of the ecosystem. There is no population control on the iguanas. Humans are invasive species for sure, but they are not stupid lizards, they are humans beings and more important than some walking belts. The only other life from on the planet that can could challenge humans for dominance of the entire globe are microbes, but certainly not some brainless handbags.

I am all for protecting the environment and the ecosystem, as in the end it directly benefits humans, but not for the moronic and senseless advocating of some invasive varmints.

Last edited:

Silverscale derg

You don't see to understand the basics of an ecosystem. Plants are perhaps the most important living organism for the continuation of life and a healthy ecosystem. Other native species rely on the plant life for their own survival. Invasive species are called such because they have no natural predator in the area to balance them out, they throw off the balance of the ecosystem. There is no population control on the iguanas. Humans are invasive species for sure, but they are not stupid lizards, they are humans beings and more important than some walking belts. The only other life from on the planet that can could challenge humans for dominance of the entire globe are microbes, but certainly not some brainless handbags.

I am all for protecting the environment and the the ecosystem, as in the end it directly benefits humans, but not for the moronic and senseless advocating of some invasive varmints.

I know the ecosystem...hunters don't. Predators are needed but oh no they could attack live stock and I want more deer so kill them...I know they do but of all the species to call invasive you call iguanas invasive yet not humans when they literally have no predators. Sure humans kill themselves but that's asides the point. Killing predators for "population control" also destroys it. There is "population control" on iguanas in Florida and PR. Lizards aren't stupid, humans are just cocky and self centered. Humans are walking lamps. Iguanas aren't for belts...that's just sick. Why do you call lizards brainless. Sure we don't use as complex stuff as humans but that doesn't mean we're dumb. Stop insulting reptiles...this is the type of hate my last question asked about. Either you're all for protecting the environment or you're not but if you're "protecting it, as in the end it directly benefits humans" then your point is void. You can't pick and choose. You'd be for hunting wolves yet they're vital, for coyotes too...they're predators and they're needed. Don't kill iguanas because that's messed up

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
Also, something all the tree hugging hippies always seem to forget, but humans are the only species on this planet with enough compassion to actually care if another species goes extinct. No lizard cares if they kill off another species, they don't even comprehend that is what they are doing. Given the opportunity every other species on Earth will consume until there is nothing left. The only reason they don't is because they are kept in check by the balance of the ecosystem, but if left unchecked (which is what an invasive species is) they will just consume and consume. Humans are the only species to understand the consequences; whether are not they can prevent the natural drive to consume everything, however, is yet to be seen.