• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humans placed in suspended animation for the first time

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Valjean, maybe its better if we don't research all of this? Its neat, but imagine if we really could perfectly stop a person's metabolism. This might be used for many unethical pursuits such as to save prison space or to traffic people or to smuggle soldiers. I guess its a derail. Different thread perhaps. We can discuss it if we ever reach that line.
Good point, but when have we ever developed a technology we haven't found ways to misuse? :(

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Good point, but when have we ever developed a technology we haven't found ways to misuse? :(
It's like this engineer keeps telling y'all....
Every solution to a problem just creates a new set of problems needing solutions.
(But I wouldn't have it any other way.)

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Some technologies are safer than others. You could rank them according to their potential for misuse. For example: Pickles are safer than cotton which is safer than paint.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
A cardiologist might disagree.
I can do a lot more damage with cotton than I can with pickles, and I can do a lot more damage with paint than I can do with cotton. Hence in my hands one is more dangerous than the other, and they can be ranked.