• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Humanism DIR Color

Should the Humanism DIR be Blue or Green?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Due to requests in this thread, here's another poll.

Humanism DIR is currently blue because of two votes (and it was a tie, which defaulted to the status quo of blue). Most DIRs are green, and a smaller subset are blue, which is the somewhat stricter color:

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored blue, non-members of that area are limited only to respectful questions, and are not allowed to make any non-question posts.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored green, non-members of that area may make respectful posts that comply with the tenets and spirit of that area. This includes questions, as well as knowledgeable comments.

I'm going to attach a poll. Only people that identify as Humanist may vote. Do you want this DIR to be green or blue?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
*bump*

If you believe you're a person regardless of any god, that "man is the measure of all things," you're a humanist. If you take responsibility for your own actions, and believe that a person has rights, you're a humanist. If you believe in a natural human without a supernatural component, you're a humanist. If you believe "primogenitor" is a really cool word, you're a humanist!

Some of those statements are controversial, but take it to the general debates forum. If you believe any of these things, you should consider whether you want to let others ask you about them (green) or only share ideas with those who think alike (blue). You have a say, so vote.

Drolefille

PolyPanGeekGirl
Did you miss the part about "only Humanists may vote in this poll?" ;)

Isn't the bizarre part that he voted against being allowed to participate?

(Note that is a polite question. And I'm teasing. :p)

I'm torn on whether I fit here or not, so I'm going with not to preserve the authenticity. :)

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
It is a broad term. There are variations of humanism. Some theistic as well as secular. Im guessing the vote is in regards to secular humanism?

Yeah. I'm just saying that it would be a good idea to change the name of the forum from simply being "Humanism" to "Secular Humanism" since it's in the Non-Theistic DIR.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
I am a reform Jew, but I identify as a Jewish Humanist on specific issues, for example the topic of creation.

Also, I have been advocating for the DIRs to go green, so I am pleased to fight the good fight wherever and whenever possible. :D

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I am a reform Jew, but I identify as a Jewish Humanist on specific issues, for example the topic of creation.

Also, I have been advocating for the DIRs to go green, so I am pleased to fight the good fight wherever and whenever possible. :D

Can I just say...
icon14.gif

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
I'm curious. Why did you vote blue?

I'm inclined to vote less restrictions myself. I am not afraid of much. But I wanted to see what reasons people who disagree would give.

Tom

I think green can be problematic, it happens in the forums when all of a sudden the discussion get's off-topic etc., because of too much allowance in debate.