• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HUMANIANITY: THE RELIGION FOR EVERYONE

dust1n

Zindīq
I fully agree, Dust1n....I think you have made a good faith effort trying to interpret and systematize Bill's philosophy for him....and did you receive as much as a....thank you....I have not seen it, yet... !!!

I mean, I'm not concerned about myself. If you want a workable religion, you are going to need to tell the masses exactly what they need to do.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
I mean, I'm not concerned about myself. If you want a workable religion, you are going to need to tell the masses exactly what they need to do.
Right...take the average....Christian, Jew or Muslim....they have no idea what the heck is going on...right....???....and Bill's new philosophy....it is designed for the ignorant masses.....even you, Bill and I don't quite understand it.....but no worries...we have "Dust1n's Rewrite"...;)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Badger...I went through this with Bill.....it is not his religion.....it is an empty sleeve...you do all the work...and Bill gets all the credit.....keep the ideas coming....;)

Hi Avi.....
I did read all of the Home-page presentation.
There was nothing there to show me what a Humanianity world would look like, be like.
So I asked a few basic questions, and was sent away to read something else, with aggression.

And so, my perception is, that in a Humanianity World everybody would be frightened to ask questions! It also looks as if spelling mistakes would not be tolerated.

Before I would support any social system I would need to know what it would support, what it would not tolerate, etc etc......... and I will not be able to discover anything about this one..... that's it for me.

Bill Van Fleet

I am assuming that you all have a basic ethical philosophy that, combined with your perception/understanding of Humanianity, leads you to feel a strong need to destroy my efforts here. I would be very interested in both of those things, and how they fit together. In other words, why is what you all are doing the right thing to do?

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
In other words, why is what you all are doing the right thing to do?

Bill, you have come here ( I assume ) asking for feedback, and unfortunately not all of of it has been positive - but I do feel some of it is valid. You can either ignore that or take it on board, the choice is yours.

I do feel the name is a problem because it's unpronounceable and difficult to spell, also I think you need to do more work on communicating the basic principles and purposes in a clear and straightforward way. And the need for a clearer differentiation from humanism has also been raised as an issue.

Avi1001

reform Jew humanist liberal feminist entrepreneur
I am assuming that you all have a basic ethical philosophy that, combined with your perception/understanding of Humanianity, leads you to feel a strong need to destroy my efforts here. I would be very interested in both of those things, and how they fit together. In other words, why is what you all are doing the right thing to do?
Bill...how could we destroy your efforts by giving you, requested feedback, on your new philosophy...???....so far...Dust1n has done you a huge favor by providing a foundation.....an outline.....for your effort....if you want to help...by all means, share your ideas...if you have no new ideas....then I suggest we discuss those of the great atheists...Dawkins, Chomsky, Hitchens and Hawkings....it's your choice....!!!

dust1n

Zindīq

I sympathize with your goal, and don't see any reason to destroy your attempts. I don't really see anything I'm doing with my life is incompatible with your religious aspirations.

Ben Dhyan

Veteran Member
Religion: The adult study of whether we should do things or not (i.e., the construction of a basic ethical philosophy for each individual and for our species in general).
It seems you are mistaking human institutional religious movement's doctrines/practices as the meaning of 'religion'. Not so...the concept of religion is derived from the prefix 're' meaning 'again', and the root 'ligion' from the Latin 'ligio' meaning 'to tie' or 'to connect'. So the real meaning of 'religion' is 'reconnect' or 'union'.

So getting back to the religious doctrines....the dogma, ritual, etc., practice thereof is not the same thing as religion, but so long as the intention of this practice involved is meant to bring about union with some supreme or higher cosmic order, then the practice thereof can truly be considered a religious practice.

ps... btw, that is why I consider it a joke that atheism is represented here as a religion when there is no intent on the part of atheists to find the higher order source of their existence, and in so doing find eternal refuge from being subject to the eternal change of the universe's material forms...