• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Human life two billion yesrs ago!!

Daemon Sophic

Obviously this is science finally catching up to the reality of the Biblical flood. :p

However, the timing brings up all sorts of questions about how the Bible has been interpreted thus far.....particularly the age of Noah and his children. :eek::eek:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
I liked some of the comments:

"All human life on earth was obliterated two billion years ago." In other news, studies show that the IQ's of reporters writing for Yahoo almost reach into the double digits.

Did the humans evolve into dinosaurs?

gnostic

The Lost One
Obviously this is science finally catching up to the reality of the Biblical flood. :p

However, the timing brings up all sorts of questions about how the Bible has been interpreted thus far.....particularly the age of Noah and his children. :eek::eek:
So from Adam to Noah, they were bacteria?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
The article is blatantly illogical and clearly not from any serious scientific source. My guess is that the author of the article took some actual scientific data and accidentally twisted it.

Daemon Sophic

So from Adam to Noah, they were bacteria?
Not bacterium, per se, but VERY very tiny. ;)
After all, the Bible makes no mention of how big Adam and Eve really were.

PS - you do realize that I’m being sarcastic here, right?
Also, if you link to the OP’s article now, they have taken out the word “human” with an editorial at the bottom. Otherwise, overall, it seems like a normal text. :cool:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Not bacterium, per se, but VERY very tiny. ;)
After all, the Bible makes no mention of how big Adam and Eve really were.

PS - you do realize that I’m being sarcastic here, right?
Also, if you link to the OP’s article now, they have taken out the word “human” with an editorial at the bottom. Otherwise, overall, it seems like a normal text. :cool:

So yahoo do have editors. Perhaps they were in a human resources meeting at the time of publication?

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So....that would make 6 times we know of then

The big five mass extinctions
  • The big five mass extinctions. ...
  • Late Devonian, 375 million years ago, 75% of species lost. ...
  • End Permian, 251 million years ago, 96% of species lost. ...
  • End Triassic, 200 million years ago, 80% of species lost. ...
  • End Cretaceous, 66 million years ago, 76% of all species lost.

Looks like the next one is late