• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Human form Jesus was/is God, that is why He maintained the human form after ascension

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Jesus after ascension, returned, yet we know that at least, He appeared to the disciples after the crucifixion/resurrection. Although His body was changed, they knew it was Him. I think the wounds demonstration wasn't literal, as His godly body was not affected anyway. Ie merely showing them it was "him", or the Jesus they had known. Now, in the singular plurality Godhood, /father son & Spirit, Jesus still has His form. This all matches to a conclusion that whether He returned to teach after the ascension in Yisroel, He maintained His "character"》son, or son in the Godhood, ))no literal "mergence" , loss of character.

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Also, is Tumah right about it being an LDS perspective?
As a Mormon, I was really confused by Tumah's comment. If he'll explain what he meant, I'll be happy to throw in my two cents worth about what Mormonism teaches on the subject.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
Between the above two sentences you switch from a literalist Biblical context to a non-literalist one. It is some tricky knife work. I'm interested in hearing what impact this has on Christianity as a whole, upon atonement and so forth. Also, is Tumah right about it being an LDS perspective?

I have put forward my thoughts on this elsewhere. I think think that we are dead in our sins, and then when we repent we are resurrected. That's the whole kit in a universe in which morality, peace and love on earth are the goals. If we were all suddenly purified into choice-less zealots of righteousness with no impure desires, would that not negate the entire purpose of living? Where is the reality and the positive focus on making the world better? What becomes of the encouragement to wait for Jesus return? We are no longer waiting for anything but our own deaths. Suddenly the deaths of the martyrs is not so amazing. They are just escaping from this life, hardly a meritorious act.

I'm not a mormon, if that's what you're asking.

arthra

Baha'i
Jesus after ascension, returned, yet we know that at least, He appeared to the disciples after the crucifixion/resurrection. Although His body was changed, they knew it was Him. I think the wounds demonstration wasn't literal, as His godly body was not affected anyway. Ie merely showing them it was "him", or the Jesus they had known. Now, in the singular plurality Godhood, /father son & Spirit, Jesus still has His form. This all matches to a conclusion that whether He returned to teach after the ascension in Yisroel, He maintained His "character"》son, or son in the Godhood, ))no literal "mergence" , loss of character.

I'm sure there is a variety of views on the subject... for Baha'is any way we believe the resurrection of Jesus was spiritual... not physical.

The resurrections of the Divine Manifestations are not of the body. All their states, their conditions, their acts, the things they have established, their teachings, their their expressions, their parables, and their instructions have a spiritual and divine signification, and have no connection with material things.

- Abdul-Baha Some Answered Questions, old ed., p.119

For more read:

Resurrection

Dantedeven

Jesus had many forms:

...He started to speak with them about the mysteries that are beyond the universe and the things that would happen from then on. Often he did not appear to his disciples while speaking, but when necessary you would find him in their midst, often in the form of a child [Of God]
- Gospel of Judas, 33.13-21

outlawState

Deism is dead
Jesus is not a "son in the Godhead." He is the image of God (Heb) sustaining all things by his powerful word. A son is not the image of his father but the heir of his father. The sonship of Jesus denotes his humanity and his heirship whilst he was in the flesh. After he was taken back into heaven, although he may be loosely termed the son with reference to his former state, he is a son no longer in the sense that he is not longer in the flesh but in glory having received what was promised.