• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Human footprint on 500 million year old trilobite fossil

Heyo

Veteran Member
If true, it is one of a meager number of incidents and hardly amounts to the cleansing portrayed by creationists. If one were to buy into that nonsense, you would think they were being chucked out windows and it was raining professors. It isnt. Not even a tiny blip on the radar.
Michael Behe - Wikipedia is still a professor at Lehigh University and that is a guy who really deserves to be kicked out. Not for his controversial ideas but for denouncing the scientific method.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Did you really? According to your own account, you were born on 1st January 1980. According to my recollection, the plate tectonic revolution took place during the late 1960s, when I was in my early 20s, and the theory was generally accepted by the early 1970s, nearly ten years before you were born.
I remember Plate Tectonics was already in my school books in the late 60s and school books usually lag current research by a decade or more.
Alfred Wegeners Wikipage (Alfred Wegener - Wikipedia) says his theory wasn't accepted 'till the 50s.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Theories need data.

Kind of like me asking for your data,
that you still fail to provided any, so
I am done asking.

BTW, your latest example, after you gave up
on the grad student likewise is a flop.

from The Guardian

"Dr Ridd was not sacked because of his scientific views.
Dr, Ridd was never gagged or silenced about his scientific vies, a
matter to which he admitted during the court hearing'.

As a good researcher you will no doubt cling to your
beliefs regardless. :D
Are you confounding me for someone else?

tas8831

Mods, if this OP are in the wrong category feel free to move it.

500 Million-Year-Old Human Footprint Fossil Baffles Scientists

How do creationists and evolutionists see this in their own beliefs?
How come that science has not spoken about finding like this the same way they speak of other forms of science?
Are science afraid of saying they are wrong? or does it go deeper than that?
Anything that Michael Cremo is involved in can be ignore, AFAIAC.

Audie

Veteran Member
True. But others were/are. We have one guy who questioned the impact
of climate change on the great barrier reef and lost his teaching position
at a Queensland Uni. He didn't (God forbid) question climate change, he
just challenged its impact on the reef. He sued and won his case.
There's a fair bit of that going on, even here in Australia.
The bottom line is that scientists are human.

Another amazing article I read (no link) just last year pointed out the rate
of scientific progress when young maverick scientists win tenure and have
a say in scientific papers as they get older - the rate of progress slows till
this generation is gone. The example given was Einstein who fought quantum
theory till he died.

Bottom line is that you've gone into
topic drift and have no examples to support
your original claims.

Your latest example, after you gave up
on the grad student likewise is a flop.

from The Guardian

"Dr Ridd was not sacked because of his scientific views.
Dr, Ridd was never gagged or silenced about his scientific vies, a
matter to which he admitted during the court hearing'.

As a good researcher you will no doubt cling to your
beliefs regardless. :D

Audie

Veteran Member
Gish was a biochemist.
Not a paleontologist.

Dr K Wise, though, is a paleontologist and a yec.

Yet, it is my understanding that every doctrine of Christianity stands upon the foundation laid in the first few chapters of Genesis (e.g., God is truth, God is a God of mercy and love, Scripture is true, all natural and moral evil on the earth can be traced back to man’s Fall, Christ’s return is global, Heaven is a perfect place with no sin or death or corruption of any sort). Thus, an earth that is millions of years old seems to challenge all the doctrines I hold dear.

Although there are scientific reasons for accepting a young earth, I am a young-age creationist because that is my understanding of the Scripture. As I shared with my professors years ago when I was in college, if all the evidence in the universe turned against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate. [Ed. note: Although Scripture should be our final authority, Christianity is not a blind faith. See Why use apologetics for evangelism?] Here I must stand.

tas8831

I especially like this one:
Willet-Track-e1547138657967.jpg

How there is no size indicated, no references, etc.

tas8831

Yet, it is my understanding that every doctrine of Christianity stands upon the foundation laid in the first few chapters of Genesis (e.g., God is truth, God is a God of mercy and love, Scripture is true, all natural and moral evil on the earth can be traced back to man’s Fall, Christ’s return is global, Heaven is a perfect place with no sin or death or corruption of any sort). Thus, an earth that is millions of years old seems to challenge all the doctrines I hold dear.

Although there are scientific reasons for accepting a young earth, I am a young-age creationist because that is my understanding of the Scripture. As I shared with my professors years ago when I was in college, if all the evidence in the universe turned against creationism, I would be the first to admit it, but I would still be a creationist because that is what the Word of God seems to indicate. [Ed. note: Although Scripture should be our final authority, Christianity is not a blind faith. See Why use apologetics for evangelism?] Here I must stand.
I would say a paleontologician.

Audie

Veteran Member
I would say a paleontologician.

I do feel kind of bad for the guy, he for sure has issues.
He has forced himself into the most abject sort of
cognitive dis, and intellectual dishonesty.

Last edited:

tas8831

I do feel kind of bad for the guy, he for sure has issues.
He has forced himself into the most abject sort of
dog dis, and intellectual dishonesty.
Indeed. Imagine - 'Yes, I admit all of the actual evidence indicates X, but I was raised on Y, and I totally believe Y, so I side with Y, regardless of the actual evidence. '

halbhh

The wonder and awe of "all things".

"Yet, it is my understanding that every doctrine of Christianity stands upon the foundation laid in the first few chapters of Genesis (e.g., God is truth, God is a God of mercy and love, Scripture is true, all natural and moral evil on the earth can be traced back to man’s Fall, Christ’s return is global, Heaven is a perfect place with no sin or death or corruption of any sort). Thus, an earth that is millions of years old seems to challenge all the doctrines I hold dear....."
Whoa, he sounds like (that person you quote) he has practically a new religion (or a competing religion) vs Christianity.

"Christian" churches instead rely on the gospel as the main, central message/doctrine -- the doctrine that is the central and most key.

"For God so loved the world that he gave His only beloved Son, that whoever believes in Him would not perish, but have eternal life!"

Someone who is near to that person should attempt to testify to him about the good news, because it would seem he doesn't have it, from that paragraph. He's got....some doctrines of his preference, instead, from that wording, it seems, to place above the gospel.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Whoa, that's practically a new religion (or a competing religion) vs Christianity.

"Christian" churches instead rely on the gospel as the main, central message/doctrine -- the doctrine that is the central and most key.

"For God so loved the world that he gave His only beloved Son, that whoever believes in Him would not perish, but have eternal life!"

Someone who is near to that person should attempt to testify to him about the good news, because it would seem he doesn't have it, from that paragraph. He's got....some doctrines of his preference, instead, from that wording, it seems, to place above the gospel.
She was talking about the Adam and Eve myth and how that made Jesus necessary. But it is nice to see you admit that is not needed for a Christian belief.