• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huge crowds of Iraqi mourners join Gen. Soleimani’s funeral procession

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
until they're dead!!
The first thing you learn when you enlist.

Your expendable.

I do prefer George Patton's philosophy however that your job is essentially to confer the expendiblity factor to the enemy.

mojtaba

Somebody, educate me.
"Hundreds of thousands" chanting "Death to America".... Is that:
  • "a Shia thing"?
  • "a Muslim thing"?
  • "an Iraqi thing?"
  • "a Middle Eastern" thing?
  • or what kind of "thing" is it?
I wasn't alive during World War II, so I don't actually know, but I don't remember hearing or reading about "hundreds of thousands" of Americans, or any similar "number" of residents of "Western" countries, rising up in or going to a capitol to chant "Death to" anything, not even "to Hitler" or "to Germany".. Personally, I can't imagine that there is anything, enemy, or despicable person that I hate so much that I'd take to the streets to shout in unison with "10", "100", "1000", much less "1,000s" of people, "Death to him, her, it", not even to Trump. Just seems to me like that's an over-the-top, mentally-unbalanced, thing to do.

Am I missing something in life by not trying it once?
Dear Terry Sampson,
I ask you a question.
Please say that how many Iranins, Afghanis, Iraqis, etc. have been killed by American military?

In addition, I should say that 'Death to America' means, 'May the American imperialism end'.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Somebody, educate me.
"Hundreds of thousands" chanting "Death to America".... Is that:
  • "a Shia thing"?
  • "a Muslim thing"?
  • "an Iraqi thing?"
  • "a Middle Eastern" thing?
  • or what kind of "thing" is it?
I wasn't alive during World War II, so I don't actually know, but I don't remember hearing or reading about "hundreds of thousands" of Americans, or any similar "number" of residents of "Western" countries, rising up in or going to a capitol to chant "Death to" anything, not even "to Hitler" or "to Germany".. Personally, I can't imagine that there is anything, enemy, or despicable person that I hate so much that I'd take to the streets to shout in unison with "10", "100", "1000", much less "1,000s" of people, "Death to him, her, it", not even to Trump. Just seems to me like that's an over-the-top, mentally-unbalanced, thing to do.

Am I missing something in life by not trying it once?

Well, you have to try it at least once:

Terry Sampson

1. Please say that how many Iranins, Afghanis, Iraqis, etc. have been killed by American military?
  2. In addition, I should say that 'Death to America' means, 'May the American imperialism end'.
Regarding #1. I do not keep a daily count of deaths in any country that result from U.S. military actions or U.S. secret and public political actions, so I can't even give you an estimate of how many deaths that I would blame the U.S. for. But I am not an innocent, naive "virgin": If you have numbers, I bet they are too low regardless what your numbers are. The history of America is filled with bloody battles:
  • against Native Americans in the 1700s before the U.S. existed,
  • against England in the early 1800s,
  • against ourselves in a Civil War that lasted five years,
  • against Spain in the Spanish-American War in the late 1800s,
  • then against the Germans in World War I and World War II,
  • against North Korea in the 1950s,
  • against North Vietnam in the 1960s and 1970s,
  • against Saadam Husein's Iraqi troops in Kuwait,
  • against the Taliban in Afghanistan
  • and against Daesh in Iraq and Syria.
  • The latest drone attack that killed Soleimani and a few others is the latest killing, but not the last. Of that I am certain.
I do not claim that the U.S. has always been justified when it has asserted military force against its opponents. I won't even claim that the U.S. has been justified more often than not.
So, tell me: How do "hundreds of thousands of Iraqis" or "Iraqis and Iranians" chanting "Death to America" improve the current situation?

Regarding #2. If, as you say: 'Death to America' means 'May the American Imperialism end', then why don't the "hundreds of thousands" chant "End American Imperialism now". When Americans see TV and newspaper reports of "hundreds of thousands" of people in one city chanting "Death to America", we hear a loud threat of war. Now, look up above at the list of bloody battles that America has engaged in over the last 250 to 300 years. Does that look like a list that you would expect to see in the history of a country that was afraid of war?

On the other hand, if the "hundreds of thousands" chanted 'End American Imperialism now", it wouldn't surprise me to see several thousands of people in cities all over the U.S. going out into the streets, chanting the same thing. Believe it or not, at least half of America, if not more, is not interested in watching the U.S. engage in one more bloody war.