• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huckabee And His "Mormon" Statements

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
I bet if you spent some time to read what they're saying that you'd find there are things that from every candidate you agree with. Then, a few wedge issues (a.k.a. abortion, gun rights, gay marriage) are thrown into the mix to divide everyone who doesn't pay attention.
Thats about the size of politics:jester5:

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
Um. The US government spent $24 billion on the Apollo program. You do realize that NASA is a government agency, don't you? I don't care whether they used private contractors. We're talking about the source of their funding.
Yes I do. I am all for NASA getting us back to the moon, Mars, and beyond. It will be the private sector though that will provide the bulk of the research, human talent, and know how in collaberation with NASA that will make it happen. Leave it to the politicians and bureaucrats alone and nothing will get donw.:no:

Starfish

Please no sarcasm
Isn't Huckabee kind a mute point by now? I doubt he's saying much about Mormons since Romney's been out. Perhaps it's time to let this thread end and start some new ones?

Wait, maybe the two are now completing for VP. Hmmm. This thread could still be relevant . . .

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
Isn't Huckabee kind a mute point by now? I doubt he's saying much about Mormons since Romney's been out. Perhaps it's time to let this thread end and start some new ones?

Wait, maybe the two are now completing for VP. Hmmm. This thread could still be relevant . . .
Mitt for VeeeP:yes:

jonny

This is a bit off topic, but the only practical value of putting a man on the moon was flicking off the Soviets.

The whole thread is off topic. :D

Seriously though, there is plenty of practical value in the technology that came along with the efforts.

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
This is a bit off topic, but the only practical value of putting a man on the moon was flicking off the Soviets.
You just insulted one of the biggest events that define who I am and what I am going to school to become.

I can guarantee you there are many practical reasons besides "flicking off the Soviets".

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
What do you base your vote on?
Fiscal conservatism; Pro life; Tough on crime; Support for U.S. Troops in getting their job done wherever they are sent; Finding solutions to economic problems through the market as much as possible; As little inteference with my life from the government as possible; Legal immigration:)

yossarian22

Resident Schizophrenic
You just insulted one of the biggest events that define who I am and what I am going to school to become.
I can guarantee you there are many practical reasons besides "flicking off the Soviets".
Name one.
Not the technology that came out of the program, since we would have gotten those even if our objectives were different.

What is the practical value of a flag stuck on a giant rock?

nutshell

Fiscal conservatism; Pro life; Tough on crime; Support for U.S. Troops in getting their job done wherever they are sent; Finding solutions to economic problems through the market as much as possible; As little inteference with my life from the government as possible; Legal immigration:)

Do these things matter?

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
Name one.
Not the technology that came out of the program, since we would have gotten those even if our objectives were different.
You will need to prove this statement first before you can use it.
What is the practical value of a flag stuck on a giant rock?
Well, when you put it in such eloquent terms like this I get the impression you are not going to care regardless of what I say (Please tell me I am wrong though.).

A simple search on line,
[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif]10 Reasons to Put Humans Back on the Moon [/FONT]

Apex

Somewhere Around Nothing
I think some things are their own justification, and the pursuit of knowledge is one of those things. What a shame if Lewis and Clark's expedition had been postponed till it could be shown to turn a profit.
I know, what ever happened to the urge to explore what is around us? When did it all become "Can we make a profit this very second if we do this?".