• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Huckabee And His "Mormon" Statements

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
It's not a matter of want. It's a matter of finances. Most of the people who do not have cannot afford it. Socialized medicine will make sure that all the people get health care, no matter how much they make.

I haven't heard of any socizlized health cares telling their patients that they could live or die or choose when these patients do.

Please provide proof of that absurd statement.

On a side note, I am one of the millions that cannot afford health care and no insurance will cover me.

You know what's wrong me?

I have arthritis, bipolar disorder, insulin resistance, ADD, tremors, Reynaud's Phenomena, etc. etc.

This doesn't even count yearly dentist and physician visits to make sure I'm alright. How am I supposed to get better when I have no coverage and it costs anywhere from $100-$400 for each visit? Let me remind you, I currently make only $7.76.
I know this is a tough call. The health care system is broke. I have worked for the government for 20 years. We cannot afford it. I have seen the budgets for entitlements. We are literally going broke paying out benefits that we are. I really do believe that something needs to be done and soon. But soicalizing the health care system will literally bankrupt the budget. I support change and helping people who are uninsured get insured, but not by handing the health care system over to a bunch of DMV rejects.

I am sorry you cannot afford health insurance, but somehow, someway we can solve the problem. Not as soon as needed, but if we can put a man on the moon we can help people get health care using the market rather than socialized medicine.:)

Bishka

Veteran Member
I know this is a tough call. The health care system is broke.

It wouldn't be broke if we weren't spending everything on defense. If we stopped spending so much on military entanglements we might actually be able to afford it. L

but not by handing the health care system over to a bunch of DMV rejects.

Who says we'd do that?

Not as soon as needed, but if we can put a man on the moon we can help people get health care using the market rather than socialized medicine.:)

BS.

People need it now, not twenty years from now. A solution needs to happen as soon as possible. You do not see it because you do not have the need, but there are millions of us that do and by saying, "Not as soon as needed," you are slapping us all in the face and are basically saying, "Well, you'll get it soon, but be patient..." Be patient with what? Arthritis, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Degenerative Disc Disease, Breast Cancer, ADD, etc. etc. etc? Are we supposed to sit patiently by while our health slowly kills us?

nutshell

I know this is a tough call. The health care system is broke. I have worked for the government for 20 years. We cannot afford it. I have seen the budgets for entitlements. We are literally going broke paying out benefits that we are. I really do believe that something needs to be done and soon. But soicalizing the health care system will literally bankrupt the budget. I support change and helping people who are uninsured get insured, but not by handing the health care system over to a bunch of DMV rejects.

I am sorry you cannot afford health insurance, but somehow, someway we can solve the problem. Not as soon as needed, but if we can put a man on the moon we can help people get health care using the market rather than socialized medicine.:)

"Socializing" isn't necessarily what is being preposed.

As for the market, that's the system we have now and all it's done is make the rich richer and the poor sicker.

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work
"Socializing" isn't necessarily what is being preposed.

As for the market, that's the system we have now and all it's done is make the rich richer and the poor sicker.
I am open to suggestions. Some things that I do know. Hospitals are closing due to illegal immigrants getting free health care and then don't pay.

Medicaid does not pay the "going" rate and the pool of providers that will accept medicaid is dwindling.

Medicare will become more strapped as the Baby Boomers retire. These aren't really debatable. These are facts if we don't change anything reality will set in.

Any proposal? Huckabee isn't the answer. Hillary isn't either. And if Obama is elected I almost feel a goose step coming on.:eek:

Bishka

Veteran Member

Any proposal? Huckabee isn't the answer. Hillary isn't either. And if Obama is elected I almost feel a goose step coming on.:eek:

And McCain will "magically" fix all this? :cover:

Do you even know what the others (Clinton and Obama) stances on health care are?

jonny

I know jonny, something needs to be done....even the doctor's hands are tied as to the medication they may prescribe for their patients, or test they want to perform, or surgery that may need to be done. The list goes on and on. Insurance companies have too much power.

Yep. The reason I said it was "probably" a gall stone was because I didn't have any money to get tests done, so the doctor prescribed "wait and see." That was after I spent two hours curled up on the floor crying, thinking that I was about to die because I had never been in so much pain in my life, but afraid to go to the emergency room because I couldn't afford it. Finally, my grandpa came over and forced me to go to an instacare place. By the time he got there, the paid was gone.

Anyway, to make a long story short - I still don't know what caused the pain.

jonny

I'd favor a plan wherein the government helps pay for medical school in exchange for donated time by the doctors receiving the education. They could have clinics staffed by these doctors for those patients who can't afford medical care. Is this happening anywhere?

This reminds me of when I read my great-grandmother's life history. My great-grandfather was a doctor, and during medical school they "practiced" on the black patients. I have a few hangups about this type of system.

jonny

We didn't get a man on the moon by depending on "the market."

jonny

Romney was the only candidate who had actually done something to get everyone in his state insurance. Huckabee was a governor. What did he do? Hillary tried, but America rejected her plan and she never tried again. McCain, Clinton, and Obama have all been in congress and haven't done a thing about it.

Romney was the only Republican I know of who talked about this issue and set forth a plan to get it done. The Republican party rejected Romney, which leads me to believe that we're not going to solve the heath care problems by keeping Republicans in power.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Heavans no. I am no fan of McCain, but I believe that he is the lesser of three evils.:cover:

You honestly think he is less worse?

How about instead of voting for the lesser of three evils, vote for the one who most upholds your values. Even if it is a democrat.

zippythepinhead

Your Tax Dollars At Work

How about instead of voting for the lesser of three evils, vote for the one who most upholds your values. Even if it is a democrat.
Hillary and me share nothing in political values. Obama and me share even less. That leaves McCain:sad4:

Sola'lor

LDSUJC

Voting for the lesser of three evils is still voting for evil.

jonny

Hillary and me share nothing in political values. Obama and me share even less. That leaves McCain:sad4:

I bet if you spent some time to read what they're saying that you'd find there are things that from every candidate you agree with. Then, a few wedge issues (a.k.a. abortion, gun rights, gay marriage) are thrown into the mix to divide everyone who doesn't pay attention.

jonny

How about all those private contracters that worked on the Apollo Project? Not exactly state owned Soviet companies:areyoucra

Um. The US government spent $24 billion on the Apollo program. You do realize that NASA is a government agency, don't you? I don't care whether they used private contractors. We're talking about the source of their funding.