• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I know a lot of people love jesus (more than christians I found out on RF), least I think. I read this on a website on why this author love jesus. I want to ask: how? (Not why...not what...just how) 17 Reasons Why I Passionately Love Jesus or is How important to you? Pointless questions aren't useless to a philosopher. To each his own.

17 Reasons I love jesus

1. He washed my rivers of wrong
2. He loved me first
3. I was his joy set before him
4. He doesn't like religion either :confused:
5. He was there to heal my heart
6. I trust him fully
7. He has been my friend
And so forth

I know the bible supports a lot of How's and Whys. To tell you honestly, it makes me dumbfounded. Not in a serious, deep, cosmic, divine way. I just came home, at a lemon cake, and watch another movie. By the way, The Last Castle was a pretty good movie. Have the app Tubi. Free movies.

Anyhow. I'm sure you have a list of reasons why jesus loves you. I know you have a lot of justification from scripture. But, how? How does jesus love you? Don't get me wrong. I understand how you love jesus. But jesus loves you? Is it you trust the bible so much that the words become a real person? No. Really. A real person?

How?

One practical way we are both to love Jesus Christ is to love one another. Your comments could not have been referring to me or others here who work hard to show the love of Christ online.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
One practical way we are both to love Jesus Christ is to love one another. Your comments could not have been referring to me or others here who work hard to show the love of Christ online.

It's the other way around.

How does jesus love you?

It what way can and do you find in life beyond the bible that you know jesus is speaking to you?

Things like that

Thief

Rogue Theologian
He declared of Himself.....brother and fellow servant

not sure if I qualify for either

for me....it's a wait and see event

in the meantime....I abide accordingly

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
@1213

How so? Did you get the message before the bible confirmed it?

I don’t care. What I know is that knowing the message introduces, ceteris paribus, an additional requirement for salvation. Namely, buying into that.

As such, it is worse than iignorance of it.

Ciao

- viole

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I don’t care. What I know is that knowing the message introduces, ceteris paribus, an additional requirement for salvation. Namely, buying into that.

As such, it is worse than iignorance of it.

Ciao

- viole

Yes. I wanted to know if 1213 can answer both questions. That's why I paged him/her.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Yes. I wanted to know if 1213 can answer both questions. That's why I paged him/her.

No Christian can answer that without self defeating her belief. I think this fact, can even be put in the form of a logical theorem.

Ciao

- viole

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No Christian can answer that without self defeating her belief. I think this fact, can even be put in the form of a logical theorem.

Ciao

- viole

What's weird is those who depend on books cannot trust their experience without it. And those who don't use books are tight lip about their experiences apart from personal Practice. So, basically, mystic experiences you need something to confirm or the latter you need to do it yourself to know.

It makes a hard argument for its validity in both mystic experiences. But we can talk about how we got soaked in the weather or our favorite passions. There is a hole in these two views I cant put my finger on.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
What's weird is those who depend on books cannot trust their experience without it. And those who don't use books are tight lip about their experiences apart from personal Practice. So, basically, mystic experiences you need something to confirm or the latter you need to do it yourself to know.

It makes a hard argument for its validity in both mystic experiences. But we can talk about how we got soaked in the weather or our favorite passions. There is a hole in these two views I cant put my finger on.

The last mysitic experience I had clearly showed to me that they are unreliable as vehicles of any truth. I admit I assumed a few substances increasing their effect, thought. But I am sure I was not Jeanne d’Arc, despite my delusion.

You can probably induce that with some electrical activation of some parts of the brain. Or LDS, or something. Chemistry and electromagnetism, basically

Ciao

- viole

74x12

I know a lot of people love jesus (more than christians I found out on RF), least I think. I read this on a website on why this author love jesus. I want to ask: how? (Not why...not what...just how) 17 Reasons Why I Passionately Love Jesus or is How important to you? Pointless questions aren't useless to a philosopher. To each his own.

17 Reasons I love jesus

2. He loved me first
6. I trust him fully
7. He has been my friend
And so forth

I know the bible supports a lot of How's and Whys. To tell you honestly, it makes me dumbfounded. Not in a serious, deep, cosmic, divine way. I just came home, at a lemon cake, and watch another movie. By the way, The Last Castle was a pretty good movie. Have the app Tubi. Free movies.

Anyhow. I'm sure you have a list of reasons why jesus loves you. I know you have a lot of justification from scripture. But, how? How does jesus love you? Don't get me wrong. I understand how you love jesus. But jesus loves you? Is it you trust the bible so much that the words become a real person? No. Really. A real person?

How?
When you receive the holy Spirit like in Acts chapter 2; then you feel God's love.

74x12

How? Can you define gods love (your words?)?

Do you experience gods love first and scripture confirms it or the other way around?
God's love is for other people as much as for yourself. I mean you will feel love for other people inside yourself. This will easily change your life. That doesn't mean God doesn't love you though. You know that God loves you as much.

You experience God's love first because you can't really comprehend it; until you experience it. That's the difference between theory and reality. So the scriptures might teach you God's love in theory but the holy Spirit is the reality.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
God's love is for other people as much as for yourself. I mean you will feel love for other people inside yourself. This will easily change your life. That doesn't mean God doesn't love you though. You know that God loves you as much.

You experience God's love first because you can't really comprehend it; until you experience it. That's the difference between theory and reality. So the scriptures might teach you God's love in theory but the holy Spirit is the reality.

That went over my head.

Gods love for you is a feeling you have?
How do You tell the difference between, say, for your children and that of god?

What do you mean: that doesn't mean god doesn't love you enough....do you feel gods thoughts?

If it's hard to discribe, how can you tell the difference between your feeling about god and gods feeling for you? (Internal vs external source of love)?

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member

17 Reasons I love jesus

2. He loved me first
6. I trust him fully
7. He has been my friend
And so forth

How?
I would say "Yes - a real person".

Why?

I guess because what He has done for me. And then the two way communication in how He has helped me. This, of course, is that which comes after the fact that He died for me to purchase forgiveness and the saving of our marriage.

His mercy, HIs healing, His providing, His selfless loving... I'm sure that 17 reasons is the tip of the iceberg.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I would say "Yes - a real person".

Why?

I guess because what He has done for me. And then the two way communication in how He has helped me. This, of course, is that which comes after the fact that He died for me to purchase forgiveness and the saving of our marriage.

His mercy, HIs healing, His providing, His selfless loving... I'm sure that 17 reasons is the tip of the iceberg.

Thank you. I think my confusion is probably a foregone conclusion.

You say he communicates with you. Does he communicate outside the bible as well?

I know books dont save. People communicate with spirits all the time. Different signs of communicatio such as nature and experiences we interpret through our lens and beliefs; that, I understand.

But, if someone/jesus talked with you-as in told you he loves you, saved you, etc... would you know this without the bible?

How did he communicate these very specific emotions and motives to you (unless he doesnt exist apart from the bible?)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No. It is given through the Bible.

Thank you. That, I find odd only because god is not defined by sacred text. He exists apart from it. So, I would assume he has the ability to speak to anyone even to those who dont have the bible.

Sounds like god doesnt exist unless you experience his words through the bible? (God is the bible?)