• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How you write the date?

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
So I'm in spanish class...Learning the months,days and seasons...In spanish the date is written day+month+ year...In America it's written month+day+year...Asked @Amanaki what they do in Norway... it's written the same way in spanish as it is in Norway...How do you in your country write the date?And is it the same as written out as if you shortened it?just curious...

VoidCat

It is the British way to go day/month/year. We find US folks weird in the way they write it :p
I find the way y'all write it weird but since everyone else seems to be writing it differently we must be the weird ones.:p

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Most places in the world use the day-month-year format because it goes from shortest to longest time period designation.

ImmortalFlame

Woke gremlin
Along with the Imperial measurement system and Fahrenheit, another example of America weirdly holding on to something for no apparent reason despite the fact that the rest of the world ditched them ages ago.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Along with the US customary system and Fahrenheit, another example of America weirdly holding on to something for no apparent reason despite the fact that the rest of the world ditched them ages ago.

Why we don't use the metric system like *everyone* else is beyond me.

VoidCat

Along with the Imperial measurement system and Fahrenheit, another example of America weirdly holding on to something for no apparent reason despite the fact that the rest of the world ditched them ages ago.
It would be easier if we ditched the imperial and fahrenheit systems...Then I wouldn't have to do conversions when talking to people online who aren't from here...

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
So I'm in spanish class...Learning the months,days and seasons...In spanish the date is written day+month+ year...In America it's written month+day+year...Asked @Amanaki what they do in Norway... it's written the same way in spanish as it is in Norway...How do you in your country write the date?And is it the same as written out as if you shortened it?just curious...

Most of the world uses day/month/year and/or year/month/day

The US and 3 or 4 islands under American influence uses month/day/year

Here is a wiki link showing it all

Date format by country - Wikipedia

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
It would be easier if we ditched the imperial and fahrenheit systems...Then I wouldn't have to do conversions when talking to people online who aren't from here...

I usually do it for temperature. I write something like 30c (86f) when chatting with an american. I found many assume c to be f.