• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

how you refuel and boost your energy in sports activities

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
Certainly the most important thing is inner peace and contentment with a focus on the goal in winning the challenges
Is there music that you like to hear while playing some sports
I love music that stimulates activity and movement

like this

exchemist

Veteran Member
Certainly the most important thing is inner peace and contentment with a focus on the goal in winning the challenges

like this
I don't. In rowing you need to focus properly on the rhythm of the boat and your body. Music would be a disaster. When I was rowing at a high level at school, sometimes we might row 8 miles and I would have very little idea of where we had been, because I was in a sort of trance formed out of rhythm, breathing and sustained effort. There was just no bandwidth for anything more.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

like this

Like @exchemist i dont see music as an aid to my physical activity. I do a lot of cycling and walking and some canoing. Cycling and canoing the focus is on body rhythm, and walking i dont need distraction from observing my surroundings, there is always so much to see and take in.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Like @exchemist i dont see music as an aid to my physical activity. I do a lot of cycling and walking and some canoing. Cycling and canoing the focus is on body rhythm, and walking i dont need distraction from observing my surroundings, there is always so much to see and take in.
Interesting to compare your experience with mine. Music would clearly be antagonistic to anything involving its own rhythm. In fact I read somewhere that the ideal stroke in a crew boat is musical, because he or she needs to set a powerful rhythm for the rest of the boat to take up, which is also sensitive to what the boat needs.

(I also, by the way, hate other people's music :mad:, in the gym or shopping or anywhere. I love music, but musical taste is highly personal. Something to think about towards the end of this month, when the supermarkets take out their crap CDs of sentimental Xmas junk music.)

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Interesting to compare your experience with mine. Music would clearly be antagonistic to anything involving its own rhythm. In fact I read somewhere that the ideal stroke in a crew boat is musical, because he or she needs to set a powerful rhythm for the rest of the boat to take up, which is also sensitive to what the boat needs.

(I also, by the way, hate other people's music :mad:, in the gym or shopping or anywhere. I love music, but musical taste is highly personal. Something to think about towards the end of this month, when the supermarkets take out their crap CDs of sentimental Xmas junk music.)

When i row its usually on my own. (Although you can never truly be alone on the Dordogne or Vezere). The peace, nature and rhythm of the stroke become all encompassing, you nailed it with trance.

What drives me crazy is the boom, boom, boom that eminates from car boots or doors. And yes other peoples music seems highly insensitive when peeps play their personal music in public.

I am so lucky living here, the supermarkets dont get into gear for Christmas until a couple of weeks before. And there is little piped music anyway.

Noticed a funny on the Dave channel the other night "Supermarkets, its November, turn off the Christmas music for a month"

For me, the energy is good from running and cardio training. It's a great time to be with yourself and think about life

Reactions: j1i

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

You're in luck.
Today RF is handing out one of my favorite sport fuels....
th

Oh, there's also another favorite of everyone here....
th

j1i

Smiling is charity without giving money
For me, the energy is good from running and cardio training. It's a great time to be with yourself and think about life

Tis never too early for haggis.

Welcome to RF

I don't. In rowing you need to focus properly on the rhythm of the boat and your body. Music would be a disaster. When I was rowing at a high level at school, sometimes we might row 8 miles and I would have very little idea of where we had been, because I was in a sort of trance formed out of rhythm, breathing and sustained effort. There was just no bandwidth for anything more.

thanks all for sharing
this is kind of you

now i refuel and boost my energy hahaha

Imgur