• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How you know what is true Islam

Shakeel

You know it by the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

But some deviated sects rejected the Sunnah. They don't believe in it so how can you prove them anything with the Sunnah? Imo, there is no need to. Just use the Qur'an.

Any deviated group, whether it is shi'ism, sufism, ahmadiyyah, the general hadith rejectors or even Baha'ism, they have to distort the Qur'an to try and make sense of things. Just as those who reject the Qur'an have to try and distort it to convince themselves it isn't true.

Viker

Häxan
I feel your pain. My faith has been distorted and contorted by others within the path and even those outside.

Shakeel

Shiism is proven in Quran though to me beyond doubt.
Yes and the mental gymnastics it takes for you to get there are widely present on this forum. Even disbelievers have pointed out your errors in logic.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes and the mental gymnastics it takes for you to get there are widely present on this forum. Even disbelievers have pointed out your errors in logic.

There is no mental gymnastics, Imams authority are clear in the Quran, it's Satanic sorcery that makes people believe otherwise.

As Quran describes, those with hard hearts twist the verses out of their place.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Islamic sufism is not a "deviated sect" but the highest and truest expression of Islam expressing tariqat, maarifat and haqiqat. As Dr. Ali Duran has written:

Ya Ali Madad:

Traditionally in the esoteric traditions, understanding of Quran is regarded from the perspective of the student, and is usually divided into 4 levels of understanding:

Shariat: Shariah is the exoteric level and is related to the level of quranic civil and religious law and literal understanding of the verses of Quran. this is the lever of the Zahir, or visible.

Tariqat: the "Path", is the beginning of the hidden or "batini" understanding of Quran. Sufi orders and Ismaili tariqat begin at this level. The hermeneutic interpretation, or "Tawil" (lit: to return to the first) of the Quran begins at this level. Understanding of the amthal, or metaphors and similies of the Quran on the physical, noetic and spiritual planes is stressed. The law is interpreted from this level and certain rules of the tariqa are established for the perfection of the postulant.

Maarifat: Maarifat is the station of "Irfan", or gnosis. Here the Arif (gnostic) understands the subtleties of the Quran and is inspired from the Malakut or angelic realms. Subtleties and indications of the Beloved are
seen in the sensory and internal worlds.

Haqiqat: the fruit of maarifat, the arif becomes annihilated in al-Haqq, the Divine reality, and subsists only through the qudrat, or will of Allah. This is the station alluded to by the martyr Mansur al Hallaj when he was crucified and burned for saying, "ana il Haqq" I am the Truth. This is the Divine realm, the Sinai of Lovers where only the converse between the Lover

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
You know it by the Qur'an and the Sunnah.

But some deviated sects rejected the Sunnah. They don't believe in it so how can you prove them anything with the Sunnah? Imo, there is no need to. Just use the Qur'an.

Any deviated group, whether it is shi'ism, sufism, ahmadiyyah, the general hadith rejectors or even Baha'ism, they have to distort the Qur'an to try and make sense of things. Just as those who reject the Qur'an have to try and distort it to convince themselves it isn't true.

Are you going to demonstrate how these groups are wrong using the Qur'an?

Shakeel

Are you going to demonstrate how these groups are wrong using the Qur'an?
Okay. Let's take twelver shias as an example.

They claim the Qur'an has been corrupted, that there is something missing from it, which contradicts verse 15:9 "Verily We: It is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Quran) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)."

They also claim infallibily to their imams and hold them in a higher position than the Prophets or the angels.

"Certainly the Imam has a dignified station, a lofty rank, a creational caliphate, and a sovereignty and mastery over all the atoms of creation. It is definitely a basic belief in our school of thought, that our Imams occupy a rank unattainable by either an angel or a major Prophet."
[Khomeini in his book Al-Hukumah Al-Islamiyyah]

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
They claim the Qur'an has been corrupted, that there is something missing from it, which contradicts verse 15:9 "Verily We: It is We Who have sent down the Dhikr (i.e. the Quran) and surely, We will guard it (from corruption)."
]

Some of our old scholars held that view while most did not, almost no scholars hold this view today.

But suppose almost all scholars did, how would a false belief attributed to Ahlulbayt prove the authority of Ahlulbayt (a) to be false It would be like Isa (a) is not a Messenger of God because people attributed him some false beliefs.

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member
Some of our old scholars held that view while most did not, almost no scholars hold this view today.

But suppose almost all scholars did, how would a false belief attributed to Ahlulbayt prove the authority of Ahlulbayt (a) to be false It would be like Isa (a) is not a Messenger of God because people attributed him some false beliefs.

So, just to be clear, you are willing to challenge (almost) all your scholars on doctrinal matters?

danieldemol

Premium Member
Personally I don't know what is "true" Islam.

As a non-Muslim its not my call to make, especially since to me all the Islams seem like dogmatic cherrypicked narratives from non-historical literature.