• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Would You Solve the Israeli - Palestinian Problem?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
How would you solve the Israeli - Palestinian Problem so that both sides can live in peace? Why would your solution work?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Remove all the Palenstians and Israelis from the region and replace them with hippies. My solution would work because hippies love peace.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Remove all the Palenstians and Israelis from the region and replace them with hippies. My solution would work because hippies love peace.

Sadly, that's probably a more practical solution than the current ones being kicked about by our political leaders.

Zephyr

Moved on
2 Stateless nations. Death to Israel, death to Palestine, and self-determination for both peoples.

A

angellous_evangellous

How would you solve the Israeli - Palestinian Problem so that both sides can live in peace? Why would your solution work?

1) Recognizing Palestine a statehood on the condition that Hamas is dissolved and disarmed.

2) Giving Palestine international aid to help them have a stable economy so they can trade with Israel and neighbors.

3) Allow Palestine to arm themselves with police and military so they can insure that terrorists do not fire rockets, etc at Israel.

It wouldn't work because it's crazy.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
1) Recognizing Palestine a statehood on the condition that Hamas is dissolved and disarmed.

2) Giving Palestine international aid to help them have a stable economy so they can trade with Israel and neighbors.

3) Allow Palestine to arm themselves with police and military so they can insure that terrorists do not fire rockets, etc at Israel.

Pretty good suggestions insofar as they go.

Just_me_Mike

I think it is the same answer as proving God exists. Which one can't do, nor can one resolve the issue. Even if you try violence and drop 30 Atom bombs over there, they will crawl out from somewhere setup new governments and begin fighting all over.

Also, I believe God has set this in order and what door God opens we can not shut, and what God shuts we can not open.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I think it is the same answer as proving God exists. Which one can't do, nor can one resolve the issue. Even if you try violence and drop 30 Atom bombs over there, they will crawl out from somewhere setup new governments and begin fighting all over.

Also, I believe God has set this in order and what door God opens we can not shut, and what God shuts we can not open.

Interesting, but dismal. I have more hope than you.

Just_me_Mike

Hope is a good thing, it is where we place it that matters.
For me, the best I can hope for is it just ends. It is kind of like a cancer patient, sometimes it is just better for them to die then suffer.

Yes that is dismal, but relevant.

I think it will require extraordinary acts of heroism on both sides, people to decide that there has been enough violence and who will step up and make the necessary compromises, and unfortunately it probably has to get better before that will happen.

The reality is there is no easy answer or magical quick fix.

A

angellous_evangellous

Phil, the problem is getting worse and worse because Palestinians tell their children why they must live in poverty and hold the keys of properties that the Israelis stole from them 40+ years ago... and no Muslim country will let them take refuge.

Iraeli kids grow up with continuous rockets and violence from Palestinians.

Both sides lose their children, sometimes daily in the more heated fighting.

These grievances don't die.

The Palestinians and Israelis need a visionary like Ghandi to unify them, but he failed to unify India and Pakistan.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Disarm both Israel and the Palestinians.
Return all the disputed lands to the Palestinians.
Form two internationally recognized states
Any firing or bombing from one against the other would have I sq mile of each of their prime built up area demolished By smart bombs, after I weeks notice to quit the area.
This would ensure that both have an interest in preserving the integrity of the other.
The same would apply to any bordering nation attacking them.

This would be cheaper and more humane than the present system.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Isn't one of the many problems here the illegal West Bank land grabs by Israeli settlers? Doesn't something need to be done about that before there can be any hope of peace?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member

I would add to this:
Dismantle the Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque,cut the Rock in half and rebuild the Dome and Mosque in Palestine with there half of the rock,job done.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Disarm both Israel and the Palestinians.
Any firing or bombing from one against the other would have I sq mile of each of their prime built up area demolished By smart bombs, after I weeks notice to quit the area.
This would ensure that both have an interest in preserving the integrity of the other.
The same would apply to any bordering nation attacking them.

This would be cheaper and more humane than the present system.

I don't think your plan would be acceptable to the parties, but it is poetically attractive.

A

angellous_evangellous

Isn't one of the many problems here the illegal West Bank land grabs by Israeli settlers? Doesn't something need to be done about that before there can be any hope of peace?

This has gone back and forth.

In recent times, Palestine elected Hamas to run their government (whose objective is to destroy Israel), and Israel responded by electing a conservative who wants to retake the lands that Israel recently gave up along the West Bank. :eek:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
This has gone back and forth.

In recent times, Palestine elected Hamas to run their government (whose objective is to destroy Israel), and Israel responded by electing a conservative who wants to retake the lands that Israel recently gave up along the West Bank. :eek:

So it's a vicious cycle.

Poisonshady313

Considering "Palestinians" dispute all of the land inhabited by Israel, these two lines are a direct contradiction of each other.

Seriously... what would be so wrong about letting Israel (including Gaza and Westbank) be Israel?

Unfortunately, some people might think the statement on this picture is a good idea.

The picture itself should be enough to show that it is absurd.

moz-screenshot-2.jpg
31078939_2d252da838_o.gif

"Palestinians" have their own homelands. They're called Jordan, Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, etc...

Why not let Israel be Israel?

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
The problem is that nobody wants the Palestinians,not Syria,Lebanon,Iran Jordan or Egypt but they all feed off of it,Israel gets all the blame but this is about so much more than Israel and Palestine and eventially there will be one Mother of a war,a horrible thought but how long can the cycle continue.

Fatihah

Response: This one will be hard to swallow.

1. First, a confession of truth to the muslim world live on t.v. from the west on their history of injustice to muslims, especially their injustice in the middle east.

2. A confession from the muslims leaders live on t.v. that many muslims are wrongful in their ways of dealing with the injustice. Honor killings, suicide attacks, etc.

3. A peace treaty between the middle eastern muslim countries and the west, which would include the removal of all western occupation from muslim countries. If the muslim world is in fear of the west coming to destroy them, they should get over it. Because in the qur'an we read that Islam will prevail and Allah will see to it. The muslims also have 50+ countries in their name. So there's no need to fear if Allah breaks no promises. If the west is in fear of terrorism, get over it. They're the strongest of all nations. No need for fear when you're much stronger than everyone else. If muslims really wanted to destroy the west, would could have easily done so. For there are millions of muslims in the US alone and we all know where the White House is. So it's not a big deal.

4. The agreement from the west to never interfere or aid Israel in any way. Being as though the middle eastern muslim world sees the west and Israel as enemies, the alliance and involvement of the west would cause suspicion in the minds of muslims if the countries interact.

5. Any involvement the west has with Israel or vice versa should be agreed upon by the muslim world as well.

6. Whoever is in ownership of their land should keep their lands. No muslim is to fight to retrieve any country that they've lost centuries ago. It's gone now and it's time to get over it. Let the Jews keep israel.

7. A final gesture from both parties to gather it's leaders from each nation and publically announce this new treaty and it's stipulations in front of the whole world live on t.v. This way, we all know what's in the treaty and what has been taking place behind closed doors. The public deserves to know.

8. Lastly, a final gesture of love and embrace from all parties live on t.v. This will ensure the world that indeed, we have finally come together as brothers and sisters in peace, love, and unity.

From my most sincerest and humbling ways, that's my solution.

Last edited: