• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How would you rate your overall life satisfaction?

How Satisfied Are You With Your Life?

Votes: 3 8.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 5.9%

Votes: 4 11.8%

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 5 14.7%

Votes: 6 17.6%

Votes: 4 11.8%

Votes: 6 17.6%

Votes: 2 5.9%

• Total voters

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
On a scale of 0-10, with 0 being very low and 10 being very high, how would you rate your overall life satisfaction? How satisfied are you with your life? It's a similar concept to subjective happiness, but a bit broader and more cumulative over a lifetime.

The poll is set up so that other members cannot see the answers of other members. You can vote and not make a post, or make a post and not vote, or do both, or neither, it's up to you. Ideally you can vote and then explain your vote, but it's a personal question so do what feels best.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Eight or nine most days, seven or eight some days. Almost never much lower than a six. The last twenty or so years have overall been the happiest of my life -- ever since I discovered the Secret Tibetan Love Grip to be used in masturbation. It's made all the difference!

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Eight or nine most days, seven or eight some days. Almost never much lower than a six. The last twenty or so years have overall been the happiest of my life -- ever since I discovered the Secret Tibetan Love Grip to be used in masturbation. It's made all the difference!
Really? Sounds pretty important.

Does it work on women too or only men? :flirt:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Really? Sounds pretty important.

Does it work on women too or only men? :flirt:

I've been told by a wizened old guru that it's of universal applicability! Just make a "U" with your fingers, and... Oh, but this is not the Eros Room!

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Mine fluctuates so much I'd have a hard time averaging it out.

In fact, I think I need more numbers. :p

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
Overall, cumulatively, I'm going with an 8. I'd say I'm extremely happy with my life because of all that has been accomplished so far. I wouldn't say 10 because there's still more that I'd like to accomplish. I doubt that I'd want to ever make it a 10 if I'm still alive. There's always that "itch" to get things going and trying something new.

Madhuri

RF Goddess
Staff member
Premium Member
I voted 7. Overall I consider myself happy and going day by day I am very satisfied.
The only thing that brings me down is thoughts of the future. I have very little direction at the moment and plenty of uncertainty. It is difficult to feel proper satisfaction when you are stressed about long term goals. So that's where I'm at now.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Overall, cumulatively, I'm going with an 8. I'd say I'm extremely happy with my life because of all that has been accomplished so far. I wouldn't say 10 because there's still more that I'd like to accomplish. I doubt that I'd want to ever make it a 10 if I'm still alive. There's always that "itch" to get things going and trying something new.
Reminds me of the story of Solon, from ancient Greece.

This guy named Solon traveled and met a king named Croesus. Croesus thought of himself as the happiest man in the world, but Solon told him, "Count no man happy until he is dead." because the story of one's life cannot be fully judged until it has been completed.

Me Myself

Back to my username
Reminds me of the story of Solon, from ancient Greece.

This guy named Solon traveled and met a king named Croesus. Croesus thought of himself as the happiest man in the world, but Solon told him, "Count no man happy until he is dead." because the story of one's life cannot be fully judged until it has been completed.

sometimes I believe we put too much of a "happily ever after" to the "happy" word.

I feel simple content can be a 10 andif with time your ten is different, that is cool too.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I voted 7. Overall I consider myself happy and going day by day I am very satisfied.
The only thing that brings me down is thoughts of the future. I have very little direction at the moment and plenty of uncertainty. It is difficult to feel proper satisfaction when you are stressed about long term goals. So that's where I'm at now.
You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but which long term goals or uncertainties are you stressed about?

Me Myself

Back to my username

So even here we are on the same boat? :D

Interesting :D

Aquitaine

I'm glad so far the majority of answers are above 6! :yes:

Although I did vote, I normally hate things like this, where one has to attempt to put a number on an emotion/state of mind.

Out of curiosity, Penumbra, what got you doing this? A little bit or research, or just curiosity?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
8 for me. Not a fan of my job/career particularly, although it has some good aspects. Just over it after 15 years. But overall I have a great life, and feel bad complaining to be honest.

mycorrhiza

I voted 9. Just got accepted into the bachelor's program that I wanted to get into (biology), my circle of friends has grown, I'm in a band that's actually getting shows, etc. I'm very happy with my life.