• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Would You Handle This?

PureX

Veteran Member
I think you should give life a chance to give you a new and unexpected gift. Maybe that's not what will result, but maybe it is. And you won't know unless you open your mind and heart and accept the possibility. To say no without even giving the opportunity a chance to unfold is just foolish, and rude.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
So, the garage does not number the parking places according to apartment? In my experience some buildings do not, but many do.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
Since you're a single young heterosexual person and you're sure she's a lovely lady, then she might actually be somebody in whom you'd intimately enjoy. I suppose if you were to spend less time online, then you could make time in getting to know her better.

I enjoy being alone, and I enjoy being online.

Just because someone is online doesn’t necessarily mean they’re just sitting in front of a computer. While I’ve been online and posting, I’ve walked three miles and now I’m at the mall enjoying a crepe Florentine.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, I know the title says absolutely nothing about the thread topic, and that's because I couldn't think of an appropriate title.

So I step out for some breakfast this morning and open my garage door to get into my car. I see a note taped to the windshield. At first I assume that I'm finally busted for parking in the middle of a two-car garage and the landlord is telling me to get my stuff over to my side.

But upon opening the letter, it's from a neighbor who parks her car in the next two-car unit. I've chatted with her in passing when we arrived home from work at the same time, but know nothing about her other than the fact that she lives in my complex, drives a gray Camry, and works at a government job. The letter is essentially asking me out, suggesting we get to know each other better, saying she wants to be my friend, checking to see if I'm still single and available, etc.

While I'm sure she's a lovely lady, this is a complication in my life that I neither want nor have time for (well, the latter isn't entirely true, I could probably make time). I love my life as it is, and have no desire to start a new relationship. As a friend to hang out with from time to time...maybe...but we know nothing about each other and she clearly wants more than to just be friends.

I really don't like to disappoint people, but I know I have to take some action here. So my question to you is this. How do I tell her that this is something I don't want in my life without leaving her feeling disappointed?
I'd do what most people do. Say your flattered, but not looking for any relationship.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I enjoy being alone, and I enjoy being online.

Just because someone is online doesn’t necessarily mean they’re just sitting in front of a computer. While I’ve been online and posting, I’ve walked three miles and now I’m at the mall enjoying a crepe Florentine.
Oh you’re like me! I love my “me time.”

George-ananda

Advaita Vedanta, Theosophy, Spiritualism
Premium Member
Yes, I know the title says absolutely nothing about the thread topic, and that's because I couldn't think of an appropriate title.

So I step out for some breakfast this morning and open my garage door to get into my car. I see a note taped to the windshield. At first I assume that I'm finally busted for parking in the middle of a two-car garage and the landlord is telling me to get my stuff over to my side.

But upon opening the letter, it's from a neighbor who parks her car in the next two-car unit. I've chatted with her in passing when we arrived home from work at the same time, but know nothing about her other than the fact that she lives in my complex, drives a gray Camry, and works at a government job. The letter is essentially asking me out, suggesting we get to know each other better, saying she wants to be my friend, checking to see if I'm still single and available, etc.

While I'm sure she's a lovely lady, this is a complication in my life that I neither want nor have time for (well, the latter isn't entirely true, I could probably make time). I love my life as it is, and have no desire to start a new relationship. As a friend to hang out with from time to time...maybe...but we know nothing about each other and she clearly wants more than to just be friends.

I really don't like to disappoint people, but I know I have to take some action here. So my question to you is this. How do I tell her that this is something I don't want in my life without leaving her feeling disappointed?
Just don't do anything, and just politely wave Hi when you happen to run into her next time. Start by avoiding conversation and moving along. Odds are she won't bring the letter up if you don't.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Things to say to discourage advances....
- I'll have to first check with the voices to get their opinions.
- How do you feel about haggis?
- FYI, Megan's list is full of errors.
- Let me talk to you about life insurance.

exchemist

Veteran Member
I always thought a tackle was analogous to a johnson, schlong or tally whacker. :shrug:
That reminds me of Private Eye's long-running joke many years ago that Clive James - the Australian critic and broadcaster- had published an autobiography titled: "How I Whanged My Donger in the Kedgeree", thus managing to sound both very Australian and suggestively obscene. :D