• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How will you write your resume ?

chinu

chinu
Suppose, God introduces an immigration program along with an eternity to become permanent-resident of God's world / heaven.
  • Eligibility criteria: 1st, you cannot take any of your earthly belonging, even your body along with you. 2nd, you cannot return back to earth until next 113-years laps after you be there.
  • Checklist: Only a satisfactory resume. (No any other formality to comply with)
Interested people: how will you write your resume ?

Kindly note: please do refrain posting in this thread if you don't like to suppose, thank you.

Last edited:

MNoBody

no need, that one would supposedly know everything there is to know about you already...right?
so one shows up and goes or is turned away, simple.
as a supposition.

Eyes to See

What could anyone say to impress God? He is watching each of us, so it is not as if anyone had to say anything in reply to God about their conduct. Remember what Jesus said about the Jewish religious leaders. They liked to stand out in the broad ways and pray in the open in a hypocritical show of piety, extolling their own righteousness before the people. I would prefer to be like the sinner who in silence beats his breast and says, "forgive me Father, for I am a sinner."

chinu

chinu
What could anyone say to impress God? He is watching each of us, so it is not as if anyone had to say anything in reply to God about their conduct. Remember what Jesus said about the Jewish religious leaders. They liked to stand out in the broad ways and pray in the open in a hypocritical show of piety, extolling their own righteousness before the people. I would prefer to be like the sinner who in silence beats his breast and says, "forgive me Father, for I am a sinner."
That is good thinking of yours.
But, still my question is.. how will you write your resume for the purpose of this thread ? :)

MNoBody

Yes. that is right.
But, still my question is.. how will you write resume for the purpose of this thread ? :)
hmm...so you wish for me to suppose what would rate me acceptable as such a candidate to go to the good place......
would that be based on what metric exactly?....morality?
if so then which one, to which standard [since they changed over time]
did I pet enough kittens and do the right ratio of good deeds
in contrast to my already horrible deficit in moral fiber [since man is utterly sinful and the heart is said to be wicked and depraved to the depths no man can know...so kind of abysmal start point...only up from there right?]
or is it just a "take your shot in the dark" and we'll tell you how you did kind of thing?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Suppose, God introduces an immigration program along with an eternity to become permanent-resident of God's world / heaven.
  • Eligibility criteria: 1st, you cannot take any of your earthly belonging, even your body along with you. 2nd, you cannot return back to earth until next 113-years laps after you be there.
  • Checklist: Only a satisfactory resume. (No any other formality to comply with)

Kindly note: please do refrain posting in this thread if you don't like to suppose, thank you.
My resume would first of all state,

please refer to the attached file of my whole life.

chinu

chinu
My resume would first of all state,

please refer to the attached file of my whole life.
But, that does NOT tell will you be interested in taking any of your earthly belonging along with you, or not. And it also doesn't tell about your intentions to return back to earth until next 113-years laps after you be there. :)

MNoBody

Okay, suppose this. :)
I suppose then I would say I was unworthy for such a benefit and should not even be considered for such a fate...... thank them profusely and go on my way.
12df2ec9-938a-4ccc-9614-847e589a79d9_1.2b1160e277e0832276539667d179d157.jpeg
[oh and they could take me off their mailing list too, that would be great........peace.

QuestioningMind

I'm pretty sure I'd write it using the MSWORD program on my computer. I used to write everything long-hand, but nowadays my hand cramps up and my writing is pretty illegible. I'd probably use a 14point New Times Roman font so god could read it clearly.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When one will leave behind all his/her belongings on earth, then what will there be left behind to show an ego/pride for ?

I guess the resume for a Baha'i is to Leave a will and testament as per the Law of Baha'u'llah and in that testament thank God for Baha’u’llah and all the Messengers and implore God's Mercy for all that was left undone and not told.

Ones life is their resume, everything we do or think is already written.

"O YE PEOPLES OF THE WORLD! Know, verily, that an unforeseen calamity followeth you, and grievous retribution awaiteth you. Think not that which ye have committed hath been effaced in My sight. By My beauty! All your doings hath My pen graven with open characters upon tablets of chrysolite." Hidden Words Baha'u'llah

Thy will be done.

Regards Tony