• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How will we know Jesus has returned.

I've been searching my bible for an indication of what Jesus will look like, and how he will talk, and where he will be when he returns. Could you help me, because I think he's in my motorhome. I know it sounds crazy, so I need someone to disprove me.

A

angellous_evangellous

Christianity has always been an apolcalyptic religion. When Jesus comes back, He will come back in power to judge the entire world and redeem it.

I can post more references later...

1 Thess 5.1-5
1Now concerning the times and the seasons, brothers,[a] you have no need to have anything written to you. 2For you yourselves are fully aware that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3While people are saying, "There is peace and security," then sudden destruction will come upon them as labor pains come upon a pregnant woman, and they will not escape. 4But you are not in darkness, brothers, for that day to surprise you like a thief. 5For you are all children[b] of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. 6So then let us not sleep, as others do, but let us keep awake and be sober. 7For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. 8But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation. 9For God has not destined us for wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ, 10who died for us so that whether we are awake or asleep we might live with him. 11Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.

A

angellous_evangellous

Mark 13

The Coming of the Son of Man

24"But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, 25and the stars will be falling from heaven, and the powers in the heavens will be shaken. 26And then they will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27And then he will send out the angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of heaven.

Judgement Day

Just an answer from an Islamic p.o.v.:

Imaam Mahdi will have arranged the Muslim army and will be on the verge of leading the Muslims in the morning prayer (Abu Umamah / Ibne-Majah) when Prophet Jesus will descend to the white Minaret (Nawwas-b-Samaan/Muslim) in the east of Damascus, wearing two garments died with saffron, placing his hands on the wings of two angels.
All those that are present will recognise him, as he will look exactly like the description of the Prophet
saw23X22.gif
. Resembling the Sahabi Urwa bin Masood (Abu- Huraira/ Muslim) the colour of his skin will be reddish white (Ibne Abbas/ Bukhari), he will be well built and his hair will be soft and reach his ears. When he lowers his head, beads of perspiration will fall from it and when he raises his head, beads like pearls will scatter from it. (Nawwas-b-Samaan/Muslim).
Every Kaafir who smells his sweet breath will die and his breath will reach as far as he can see.

Smoke

Done here.
If you believe the book of Revelation, "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him." Did the man in your motor home come with the clouds? Did every eye see him?

It says christ will come as a thief in the night many times in the bible, but that only means that it will be unexpected. The scriptures say that those all will recognize him and those who did not believe will wish to die because they didnt recognize him before they saw his face. Revelations gives many accounts on this. All will know of his coming, it will be pretty obvious.

Popeyesays

Stick of Joseph said:
It says christ will come as a thief in the night many times in the bible, but that only means that it will be unexpected. The scriptures say that those all will recognize him and those who did not believe will wish to die because they didnt recognize him before they saw his face. Revelations gives many accounts on this. All will know of his coming, it will be pretty obvious.
Let me ask this: When a thief invades your home unknown while all within are asleep, does he blow an air horn and beat a drum to announce his presence?

Why should it be so easy for people to accept Christ as Who He said He was the second time, how is that fair to those who DID accept Him from His first, veiled appearance? Does that match the concept of God as Just?

Personally, I believe that the world has already largely missed the return of Christ three times - once as Muhammad, once as the Bab, and once as Baha`u'llah. In each of those comings mankind had to search their hearts and decide for themselves. A hard choice, freely made - and vastly against the spirit of Jesus descending from the air in full view of everyone everywhere.

The clouds are metaphor, the falling stars are metaphor, to think otherwise is asking for a free-ride in a spiritual sense.

Steve, I do not think that Jesus is in your trailer. If I accept Baha`u'llah, I have to accept His statement that no new Manifestation will come for at least one thousand years.

Regards,
Scott

jewscout

Religious Zionist
steve at JRM said:
I've been searching my bible for an indication of what Jesus will look like, and how he will talk, and where he will be when he returns. Could you help me, because I think he's in my motorhome. I know it sounds crazy, so I need someone to disprove me.
if he's in your motorhome tell him to get off his duff and get to work!:biglaugh:

Thanks Scott. It seems to me that there is a split to whether the second coming of Jesus will be obvious or silent, like a thief in the night. I think it will be silent. When he came back from the crucifixion, and went to the house with Peter, they didn't even recognize him until he revealed himself to them. And why only 12 disciples? Out of the 1000's that heard and followed his teachings.
I think that Christ has been here many times since his resurrection. He was never recognized. Since he already fulfilled the prophecy with the crucifixion, he has nothing to prove. So therefore, it is up to us to seek him. He could be in many places at one time for all I know. But the man in my motorhome has a message for all mankind, if anybody cares to listen. And he says he is Jesus. Aren't you the least bit curious. I'm a stable citizen in society. I'm not after any gain. Only want people to open their minds to the possibility that Christ is here and they are rejecting him again. Why? Because he's black? Or because he's homeless? It's a test.

Believe me, he has been working. So have I. Shouldn't be so hard. People should just believe because they know that God can do whatever He wants.

Popeyesays

steve at JRM said:
<SNIP>
But the man in my motorhome has a message for all mankind, if anybody cares to listen. And he says he is Jesus. Aren't you the least bit curious. I'm a stable citizen in society. I'm not after any gain. Only want people to open their minds to the possibility that Christ is here and they are rejecting him again. Why? Because he's black? Or because he's homeless? It's a test.
Well the injunction in my writings is plain:
"Whoso layeth claim to a Revelation direct from
God, ere the expiration of a full thousand years, such a
man is assuredly a lying impostor. We pray God that
He may graciously assist him to retract and repudiate
such claim. Should he repent, God will, no doubt,
forgive him. If, however, he persisteth in his error,
God will, assuredly, send down one who will deal
mercilessly with him. Terrible, indeed, is God in
punishing! Whosoever interpreteth this verse otherwise
than its obvious meaning is deprived of the Spirit of
God and of His mercy which encompasseth all created
things. Fear God, and follow not your idle fancies.
Nay, rather, follow the bidding of your Lord, the
Almighty, the All-Wise. Erelong shall clamorous
voices be raised in most lands. Shun them, O My
people, and follow not the iniquitous and evil-hearted.
This is that of which We gave you forewarning when
We were dwelling in Iraq, then later while in the Land
of Mystery, and now from this Resplendent Spot."
(Baha'u'llah, The Kitab-i-Aqdas, p. 32)

Your friend can be Christ-like and speak the message of Christ, and live the life of Christ but if he makes a claim to BE Christ returned then, according to the guidance above, I would have to reject his claim.

Regards,
Scott

I typed this for Bill, since he's not too familiar with computers
"I can understand that. People don't even believe other people when they show you their ID, so how would someone believe Christ if he had no ID of proof. It would have to be on blind faith and trust."

Popeyesays

steve at JRM said:
I typed this for Bill, since he's not too familiar with computers
"I can understand that. People don't even believe other people when they show you their ID, so how would someone believe Christ if he had no ID of proof. It would have to be on blind faith and trust."
Well, Steve, I heard no claim on Bill's part.

Regards,
Scott

ChristineES

Tiggerism
Premium Member
How will we recognize Jesus when He returns? The bible says He will return like a "flash of lightning". That tells me it will be very, very quick.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
With the advent of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad (1835-1908)- the Promised Messiah and Imam Mahdi or the End-Time reformer of all the revealed religions the waiting period has ended, in my opinion.

Hence, the Second Coming of Jesus has already taken place; one should just Google for the information, in my opinion.

Bob Dixon

>implying
The Second Coming will be in our hearts and in our minds. There would be no need for him to return physically.