• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How United are the United Nations?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Wow - I'm struggling to understand how you're mingling the material with the spiritual with the UN.

I find you are Not alone. The 'material/political' was mingled with the 'spiritual' in Daniel chapter 2.
There it describes a figurative huge political statue and each part of the statue stood for a different world power.
Starting with the statue's head made of gold stood for ancient Babylon.
At the feet we see described iron mixed with clay. ( they don't mix or cling together )
The feet and toes then are the bad political/material state of affairs today.
God's kingdom is His government of Daniel 2:44.
God's kingdom ' symbolic stone ' hits the statue's feet and the political statue falls.
Before this happens God will use the political/military world to go up against corrupted religion.
In other words, in the past God used political ancient Babylon to go up against those unfaithful Israelites.
In the year 70 God used the Roman armies to go up against un-faithful Jerusalem.
So, the pattern is set that God will once again use the political/military realm (the UN) to be His Arm of the Law.
Then Jesus, as king (president) of God's kingdom government (thy kingdom come ) will be the one who will establish global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I find you are Not alone. The 'material/political' was mingled with the 'spiritual' in Daniel chapter 2.
There it describes a figurative huge political statue and each part of the statue stood for a different world power.
Starting with the statue's head made of gold stood for ancient Babylon.
At the feet we see described iron mixed with clay. ( they don't mix or cling together )
The feet and toes then are the bad political/material state of affairs today.
God's kingdom is His government of Daniel 2:44.
God's kingdom ' symbolic stone ' hits the statue's feet and the political statue falls.
Before this happens God will use the political/military world to go up against corrupted religion.
In other words, in the past God used political ancient Babylon to go up against those unfaithful Israelites.
In the year 70 God used the Roman armies to go up against un-faithful Jerusalem.
So, the pattern is set that God will once again use the political/military realm (the UN) to be His Arm of the Law.
Then Jesus, as king (president) of God's kingdom government (thy kingdom come ) will be the one who will establish global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.

It strikes me that other religious folks could draw totally different conclusions from the bible than you did.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
It strikes me that other religious folks could draw totally different conclusions from the bible than you did.

I find that was even true in Jesus' day. Those corrupted religious leaders had No interest in the spirit of the law, and they also made up their own traditions or customs outside of Scripture but taught as being Scripture - Matthew 15:9.
That does Not make the Bible as wrong but makes wrong teachings as wrong.

For example: many are brought up with the hellfire teaching. Clergy often used that to try to control the flock of God.
With the passing of time the Bible was translated into English and the old King James Version translated the word Gehenna into English as hellfire. Gehenna was just a garbage pit where things were destroyed and Not kept burning forever. So, if we follow the logic of Psalms 92:7 that the wicked will be destroyed forever (Not burnt forever) then I find it is easier to see that Gehenna is a word that stands for destruction and Not some religious-myth teaching of forever burning in flames. Such a punishment would Not even equal or fit any crime committed.
Plus people are taught hell is a permanent place, but the bible's hell comes to a final end as per Revelation 20:13-14.