• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How true is your truth?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
You had me until you said experts are not truth. I have many experts who are doctors that I rely on. Maybe many is an exaggeration. (Didn't know that word had two g's... Guess I dont use it enough)

In any event my point was there are experts who know how to fix a heart. I don't number among them. I have some ideas... I'm sure lots of people do... I would rather trust someone who learned and trained how to fix hearts and has a track record of doing it. (Although that last point I might not care about if I really needed my heart fixed)
By all means, rely on them. I have no doubt they are reliable.

They are just not truth.

Vaderecta

Seams like some experts disagree with other experts as well.

Do they though? I am avid listener of the podcast by Joe Rogan where he recently admitted he used to believe fervently that no one on this planet had ever landed on the moon. He used to argue with friends and family that it never happened. He has since changed his mind. How deeply have you looked into 9/11 to conclude it was an inside job?

Vaderecta

By all means, rely on them. They are reliable.

They are just not truth.

I'm not sure what you are trying to express. When I need my blood drawn I go to a phlebotomist. (I could probably do it myself) What are you you saying is different about the truth? I guess what is the truth to you? (And will the mormons and muslims agree?)

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you are trying to express. When I need my blood drawn I go to a phlebotomist. (I could probably do it myself) What are you you saying is different about the truth? I guess what is the truth to you? (And will the mormons and muslims agree?)
I'm sorry.

I hold truth to a higher standard than what comes out of our mouth. (I have no idea who will agree.)

74x12

So we live in this weird time and place now. You can research your own beliefs and come to terms with what is out there. Was 9/11 an inside job? Did we find aliens at roswell? Was Jesus god's son?

Have you researched your truths before arguing them? We have all this technology which connects us to everyone else. Do you care what the rest of the humans think?
They were numerologists. The significance of the number 9 and 11 not being lost on those who study that school numerology. It's the same people that decided your emergency telephone number should be 9-1-1. They believe that by getting the numbers "right" they're able to control reality. They believe they can control reality by using the "magic" of numbers all the way into the 5th dimension. Just think of it as geometry; but beyond the 3rd dimension used for the purposes of "magic". How do they use numbers into the 5th dimension? They have help from extra-dimensional beings! That's really the way they can do these things.

It also has to do with astral alignments etc. It's all connected and beyond human understanding. Of course they have experts and probably computer programs and yes aforesaid extra-dimensional beings to help them get the numbers just right; so their magic is "strong".

The world trade center itself was representative of a giant 11 and was possibly slated for destruction before it was even made. That's how far in advance they plan this stuff.

Suffice to say; that's not fanatical Muslim terrorists. It's a ridiculous cover story.

I believe the government definitely found something at Roswell. Not sure what.

Anyway, I know Jesus is God's Son because I know God; so He showed me who He is. Do I care what other humans think? I care about them.

Do they though? I am avid listener of the podcast by Joe Rogan where he recently admitted he used to believe fervently that no one on this planet had ever landed on the moon. He used to argue with friends and family that it never happened. He has since changed his mind. How deeply have you looked into 9/11 to conclude it was an inside job?

How deeply have i looked into it? Years ago, i read quite alot and watched alot of videos.

But, not all experts agree, not on 911 from what ive seen.

But, as i said too, theres always new questions. Thats why we need to RE search. As in keep searching.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
You seem like a wise person.

Thank you. That's very kind of you, but as I think you know, much of wisdom consists in knowing you're not genuinely very wise.

Why do you think people think their lives are not worth living and that might be an unfair wording. Why do you think some people might find their lives not worth living?

I really have no short answer to that. Life is such a wonder that I often wonder why anyone could think it was not worth living? That is, anyone who was not in extreme circumstances -- such as suffering immensely for a prolonged time with no end in sight.

But I do suspect such an attitude or feeling has much to do with the nature of the psychological self -- the self that we think of as "me" or "who am I". It's just that I cannot explain precisely how that might be so in any brief way. Maybe a Buddhist could.

Vaderecta

They were numerologists. The significance of the number 9 and 11 not being lost on those who study that school numerology. It's the same people that decided your emergency telephone number should be 9-1-1. They believe that by getting the numbers "right" they're able to control reality. They believe they can control reality by using the "magic" of numbers all the way into the 5th dimension. Just think of it as geometry; but beyond the 3rd dimension used for the purposes of "magic". How do they use numbers into the 5th dimension? They have help from extra-dimensional beings! That's really the way they can do these things.

It also has to do with astral alignments etc. It's all connected and beyond human understanding. Of course they have experts and probably computer programs and yes aforesaid extra-dimensional beings to help them get the numbers just right; so their magic is "strong".

The world trade center itself was representative of a giant 11 and was possibly slated for destruction before it was even made. That's how far in advance they plan this stuff.

Suffice to say; that's not fanatical Muslim terrorists. It's a ridiculous cover story.

I believe the government definitely found something at Roswell. Not sure what.

Anyway, I know Jesus is God's Son because I know God; so He showed me who He is. Do I care what other humans think? I care about them.

You are explaining your answers in dimensions we don't know exist yet and talking about creatures we don't yet know exist. You are even using the explanation of strong magic.

Vaderecta

Thank you. That's very kind of you, but as I think you know, much of wisdom consists in knowing you're not genuinely very wise.

I really have no short answer to that. Life is such a wonder that I often wonder why anyone could think it was not worth living? That is, anyone who was not in extreme circumstances -- such as suffering immensely for a prolonged time with no end in sight.

But I do suspect such an attitude or feeling has much to do with the nature of the psychological self -- the self that we think of as "me" or "who am I". It's just that I cannot explain precisely how that might be so in any brief way. Maybe a Buddhist could.

Right, but I am not sure why you think a buddhist would be a better person to respond. (They are just people like you. They believe different things (Maybe... don't really know you)) but to me its like saying maybe a catholic could field this question...

Being a Buddhist or a Mormon doesn't mean you have any skill or are an expert in even your prescribed religion. (You can go to same faith forums to see them argue with themselves) But being a Heart Surgeon is a trained skill. It is usually measurable and proven. If they are not actually good at this skill they can't call themselves that anymore. Bad catholics can still call themselves catholic and be accepted as such.

Last edited:

74x12

You are explaining your answers in dimensions we don't know exist yet and talking about creatures we don't yet know exist. You are even using the explanation of strong magic.
I am interested in some numerology because obviously the universe is based on numbers; but I don't practice numerology as magic. I believe it's witchcraft and forbidden by God and I believe you can't do it properly without demons to help you anyway.

The fact is people do believe in it though. I'm just saying what they do with the help of what they believe are "spirit guides" or whatever they call them.

There are different types of magic being practiced and numerology is a big one. Whether you believe it or not is almost irrelevant. They do and once you learn the numbers they use; you can more easily see what they're up to.

Not asking you to believe me anyway. Wouldn't hardly believe it myself without research. :) Just something for you to consider.

Vaderecta

I am interested in some numerology because obviously the universe is based on numbers; but I don't practice numerology as magic. I believe it's witchcraft and forbidden by God and I believe you can't do it properly without demons to help you anyway.

The fact is people do believe in it though. I'm just saying what they do with the help of what they believe are "spirit guides" or whatever they call them.

There are different types of magic being practiced and numerology is a big one. Whether you believe it or not is almost irrelevant. They do and once you learn the numbers they use; you can more easily see what they're up to.

Not asking you to believe me anyway. Wouldn't hardly believe it myself without research. :) Just something for you to consider.

Obviously the universe is based on numbers is quite the phrase. Are you familiar with when the numbers you are familiar with were invented and why? Did the dinosaurs have numbers? Lots of people are going to believe you if you can make an interesting argument. (Not sure how that measures truth but it is indeed a thing)

74x12

Obviously the universe is based on numbers is quite the phrase. Are you familiar with when the numbers you are familiar with were invented and why? Did the dinosaurs have numbers? Lots of people are going to believe you if you can make an interesting argument. (Not sure how that measures truth but it is indeed a thing)
Well I mean the universe is demonstrably based on mathematical principles.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Right, but I am not sure why you think a buddhist would be a better person to respond. (They are just people like you. They believe different things (Maybe... don't really know you)) but to me its like saying maybe a catholic could field this question...

Being a Buddhist or a Mormon doesn't mean you have any skill or are an expert in even your prescribed religion. (You can go to same faith forums to see them argue with themselves) But being a Heart Surgeon is a trained skill. It is usually measurable and proven. If they are not actually good at this skill they can't call themselves that anymore. Bad catholics can still call themselves catholic and be accepted as such.

It's my impression that Buddhism, along with some other religions, has a somewhat more accurate take on the effects and consequences of our having a psychological self than does, say, mainstream Catholicism (although, outside the mainstream, Catholicism can hold its own on the subject). That's why I suggested they might have a briefer way of explaining how having a psychological self could lead to a feeling or attitude that one's life is worthless than I do.

I would strongly dispute your apparent belief that all religions are more or less the same in terms of the value and truthfulness of their insights. If I wanted to know something about the nature of the psychological self, for instance, I would be much wiser to consult a Zen master than an Evangelical Protestant minister. Or have I misunderstood you?