• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How To Worship The Devil

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Step One: Don't.

:D

Anyway, there have been a lot of Christian posts about their mental meanderings about being plagued by demons. But, from the Satanist perspective neither do we believe in possession by demons nor do we worship them. Satan, from this context, is seen as a liberator, creative muse, and the empowerment of intellectual pursuits. That means most Satanists in the theistic sense find very little value to worship although they may do something outwardly similar in gratitude like any other spiritual person. (It's much like remembering your ancestors or something along that line.)

Anyway, feel free to ask questions, but realize I speak for myself and not EVERYONE who calls themselves a Satanist. Debates are allowed as well, why I posted here... Just keep the biblical trolling to zero and I'll respond. :D

Thief

Rogue Theologian
so the serpent in the garden......was just kidding around?
and did not expect any regard

Earthling

David Henson
Step One: Don't.

:D

Anyway, there have been a lot of Christian posts about their mental meanderings about being plagued by demons. But, from the Satanist perspective neither do we believe in possession by demons nor do we worship them. Satan, from this context, is seen as a liberator, creative muse, and the empowerment of intellectual pursuits. That means most Satanists in the theistic sense find very little value to worship although they may do something outwardly similar in gratitude like any other spiritual person. (It's much like remembering your ancestors or something along that line.)

Anyway, feel free to ask questions, but realize I speak for myself and not EVERYONE who calls themselves a Satanist. Debates are allowed as well, why I posted here... Just keep the biblical trolling to zero and I'll respond. :D

From what I understand, the Satanist use what they see as a myth as a sort of rebellion to a theistic society, but really they are their own gods. It amounts to selfishness. Lust, greed, stab your friend, neighbor, mate, brother, stranger in the back to get what you want without guilt or recourse or accountability to anything or anyone. Lie, steal, cheat, and do what it takes to quench your insatiable desires.

Only you get bored, you get old, you get lonely . . . you throw it all away and rejoin reality the best you can. Maybe join the church.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
From what I understand, the Satanist use what they see as a myth as a sort of rebellion to a theistic society, but really they are their own gods. It amounts to selfishness. Lust, greed, stab your friend, neighbor, mate, brother, stranger in the back to get what you want without guilt or recourse or accountability to anything or anyone. Lie, steal, cheat, and do what it takes to quench your insatiable desires.

Only you get bored, you get old, you get lonely . . . you throw it all away and rejoin reality the best you can. Maybe join the church.
How does this differ from the "once saved, always saved" brand of Christianity?

I'm not a Satanist, but many Satanists I interact with think this is not skillful behavior.

Skwim

Veteran Member

WHOA! Now that's nasty. 12 "Judge Not" demerits in RothschildSaxeCoburgGotha's column.

Earthling

David Henson

Well, that brand of Christianity isn't scriptural, but other than that I don't see the similarity. The Satanist I've encountered, in my family and in the general public, mostly celebrity, proclaim the selfish desires as their motivation. That isn't similar to the brand of unscriptural Christianity you mentioned.

I'm not a Satanist, but many Satanists I interact with think this is not skillful behavior.

Are they young, just stylistic Satanists. Goths, vampires, what do you call that other group of kids that get their clothes from Hot Topic. Back in my days they listened to Iron Maiden and drew pentagrams . . . I mean, what level of Satanic are we dealing with here?

Flame

Beware

:facepalm:

Earthling

David Henson
WHOA! Now that's nasty. 12 "Judge Not" demerits in RothschildSaxeCoburgGotha's column.

I wasn't being judgmental, the first part of my response is what I've been told by Satanist themselves. The conclusion I drew was, given that information, only natural. You can't go through life stabbing people in the back and come out with a truck load of friends who trust you. You can't satiate your every desire and not come out of it bored, drug addicted, alcoholic, morbidly obese, and broke. If you live long enough.

Flame

Beware
It amounts to selfishness. Lust, greed, stab your friend, neighbor, mate, brother, stranger in the back to get what you want without guilt or recourse or accountability to anything or anyone. Lie, steal, cheat, and do what it takes to quench your insatiable desires.

Lust and greed? Of course, everyone does it, we Satanists are just open about it.

Also Satanic Sin #3 Solipsism.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
so the serpent in the garden......was just kidding around?
and did not expect any regard

If anything, the story was a very useful allegory of what Satan's purpose was - that's to say, he prompted humankind to seek the forbidden fruit (knowledge). Jehovah was mad because he wanted more slaves. :D At least, that's my take.

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Certainly, it can go as you described but any path is plagued by traps. Selfishness is always used as a baseball bat on people whom know that only they can deal with their needs, Satanists just tend to admit it. As for that other behavior, that's really just projecting what you think rather than learning about them. Having the freedom to make up your mind and do as you need doesn't mean you lack morals or values, just that you determine what they are. If times promote reward for respectful and honest behavior the Satanist will act accordingly -- if they are in an environment where it is dog eat dog they will eat and not feel guilty about it later. Satanism really doesn't quibble about survival issues - you do whatever you need to but always with thought of the consequences. If anything, it promotes a bit more responsibility in dealings as it realizes the mark shifts and what is right now is the only right; it might be wrong later. :D

There isn't a human on this earth that hasn't lied, cheated, or stolen once. Satanists don't stand around and feel guilty about it they just realize of option a, b, or c maybe option c (the social unacceptable option) was currently the best of the worst. But, personally I find these behaviors abhorrent not because of some mandate from religious dogma but because of the drama and other problems they cause. That means I have less time to do what I need to accomplish in the world, and nothing is more "sinful" to me than wasting your limited life span on this nonsense.

Satanism most of all is about reality and not the pipe dreams of thousands of years dead hands. Your solution at the end of the post seems to be "put all that down and grow up" but I'm not the one structuring my life around fairy tales. :D

P.S. - I'm not young at all. :D

Mindmaster

Premium Member
You are, or aren't, using the word "worship"?

Sort of... I think it's important to draw a distinction between what other religions do with that word as Satanism sees it in a completely different mode of operation. A small percentage of Satanists actually worship, but a large percentage will do rituals. Generally, those rituals are in regard to communication or resolving their personal matters. There is a lot of variance to how the individual Satanist would see their place in the cosmology - some feel they are "part of the creation" and thus are part of Satan/Demons (somewhat like say Advaita Vedanta) and others feel they are separate beings. (Dualism) Personally, I feel we are linked all together because it is in my awareness that that connection is real. Not only between spiritual beings, but even our fellow humans. :D

Mindmaster

Premium Member

Even though I am not a Christian, I would be insulted by this notion that you can just sell out at the last minute and all sins are forgiven. :D

The only sin in my mind is regret - do nothing that I will not regret and I won't sin. :D

Also, this position seems arrogant - like something an old man would say to some pentagram wearing kid. Don't worry kid, you'll be kissing Jesus' hinny on the d/l when you are about to croak. As I've stated before - I rather be a prince in hell than a slave in heaven. :D

Earthling

David Henson
Certainly, it can go as you described but any path is plagued by traps. Selfishness is always used as a baseball bat on people whom know that only they can deal with their needs, Satanists just tend to admit it. As for that other behavior, that's really just projecting what you think rather than learning about them. Having the freedom to make up your mind and do as you need doesn't mean you lack morals or values, just that you determine what they are. If times promote reward for respectful and honest behavior the Satanist will act accordingly -- if they are in an environment where it is dog eat dog they will eat and not feel guilty about it later. Satanism really doesn't quibble about survival issues - you do whatever you need to but always with thought of the consequences. If anything, it promotes a bit more responsibility in dealings as it realizes the mark shifts and what is right now is the only right; it might be wrong later. :D

There isn't a human on this earth that hasn't lied, cheated, or stolen once. Satanists don't stand around and feel guilty about it they just realize of option a, b, or c maybe option c (the social unacceptable option) was currently the best of the worst. But, personally I find these behaviors abhorrent not because of some mandate from religious dogma but because of the drama and other problems they cause. That means I have less time to do what I need to accomplish in the world, and nothing is more "sinful" to me than wasting your limited life span on this nonsense.

Okay, well, thanks for the clarification. That's what forums like these are for, getting to know what other people believe.

Satanism most of all is about reality and not the pipe dreams of thousands of years dead hands. Your solution at the end of the post seems to be "put all that down and grow up" but I'm not the one structuring my life around fairy tales. :D

You sure about that? What exactly is Satan to you? I doubt that you have done much research on the Hebrew word satan. Do you, like most Satanists I've encountered, think that Lucifer is a name for Satan? If I had to guess, I would say you have formed your own personal philosophy and idealism and stamped Satan on it . . . because it sounds cool?

P.S. - I'm not young at all. :D

Okay. What is REINKAΩS?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Well, that brand of Christianity isn't scriptural, but other than that I don't see the similarity. The Satanist I've encountered, in my family and in the general public, mostly celebrity, proclaim the selfish desires as their motivation. That isn't similar to the brand of unscriptural Christianity you mentioned.

Are they young, just stylistic Satanists. Goths, vampires, what do you call that other group of kids that get their clothes from Hot Topic. Back in my days they listened to Iron Maiden and drew pentagrams . . . I mean, what level of Satanic are we dealing with here?
I listened to Iron Maiden, and I'm not a Satanist. :rolleyes:
I'm talking about individuals, not flocks.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

Ahh the true essence of your faith on full display.

What ever happened to Matthew 7:1, Luke 6:37, Romans 2:1.

This os typical of what we expect from you.