• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to prove that God exists

peacecrusader888

To an atheist, there is no God. Is there really no God?

I believe there is, based on these two evidences:
1. Drink an egg direct from the cloaca of a hen. Did you feel any solids? Yet when it hatches, there is a beak, a skeleton, fine feather, etc. Where did they come from?
2. A baby was born dead. It was buried. After a few years, it was exhumed. Where did the skeleton come from? We know that what is given by the male is sperm in liquid form. The egg cell from a woman is just one cell.

Those who believe that there is no God, please answer the evidences.

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/322677-1

Liesnotaccepted

I believe in God, I also believe that rationalizations are just rationalizations.
To prove that there is a God, and God is the one you claim, you must do miracles proper of a God as an authorized herald would.

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה

1. Drink an egg direct from the cloaca of a hen. Did you feel any solids? Yet when it hatches, there is a beak, a skeleton, fine feather, etc. Where did they come from?
2. A baby was born dead. It was buried. After a few years, it was exhumed. Where did the skeleton come from? We know that what is given by the male is sperm in liquid form. The egg cell from a woman is just one cell.

:facepalm:

Altfish

Veteran Member

Good grief.

If god wants to prove his existence why doesn't she book a prime time TV appearance?

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

You are offering no evidence for the existence of any God.

Instead, you are showing that you like to attribute natural phenomena to a hypothetical "God", despite the phenomena themselves being well known and predictable.

That shows that you want to believe in God, not that he exists independently of your conception of same.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Always? I don't use Judgment day always as an example, but since many people who want proof want something spectacular that can't be explained a good example is Judgment day. Don't you agree?
The opposite; you may as well threaten me with a plague of unicorns or Lord Voldemort.
What you appear to fail to understand is that atheists don't believe the Bible, any of it. It is pure fantasy, just like Harry Potter (although HP is a splendid read). So the likes of Judgement Day are fiction and you are wasting time threatening us with it. It isn't going to happen and it certainly isn't 'proof' of anything.

Kartari

Hi peacecrusader,

Simply reading an elementary school-level biology text book will explain to you how chicken eggs become chickens and how skeletons form...

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
I get your point, proof of God's evidence is all around us. It's just that some people can see it & others are waiting for something spectacular like in the movies, but when such spectacular thing does happen (e.g Judgment day) then they will realize at the bare end He exists & it will be painful realization for few reasons.

Why would I wait for something spectacular at all? I am just a disbeliever. Not everyone particularly wants or needs a god-concept.

I just don't get it why people can't embrace those things as proof. Look at any science - biology, physics, chemistry, linguistics - is it more logical that something so complex & stable was made out of randomness or is there really His will in making all of those things possible. Science simply can't contradict God, every scientific fact comes from none other than God Himself.

God is not a particularly useful or convincing concept, that is all.

Liesnotaccepted

Always? I don't use Judgment day always as an example, but since many people who want proof want something spectacular that can't be explained a good example is Judgment day. Don't you agree?

Yes, judgement day is a good example of threatening people to convert to a belief you can't prove to be right, another example is physical harm, or inquisitorial methodology.
Tools of those that want to force you in a belief that they know very well, actions of God will not support.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I get your point, proof of God's evidence is all around us. It's just that some people can see it & others are waiting for something spectacular like in the movies, but when such spectacular thing does happen (e.g Judgment day) then they will realize at the bare end He exists & it will be painful realization for few reasons. I just don't get it why people can't embrace those things as proof. Look at any science - biology, physics, chemistry, linguistics - is it more logical that something so complex & stable was made out of randomness or is there really His will in making all of those things possible. Science simply can't contradict God, every scientific fact comes from none other than God Himself.
Just to come back to this:

- do you think your god knows what it would take to convince any given atheist or believer in some other god(s)?

- is your god capable of carrying this out?

If the answer to both of these questions is "yes", then your god wants these people not to be Muslim.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Yes, judgement day is a good example of threatening people to convert to a belief you can't prove to be right, another example is physical harm, or inquisitorial methodology.
Tools of those that want to force you in a belief that they know very well, actions of God will not support.
Right: just going by threats of Hell and promises of Heaven without considering justifications, a person should choose the religion with the best Heaven and the worst Hell.

BTW: I think I've mentioned this before, but my religion - Penguinsm - has a Hell that's much worse than any other religion's Hell and a Heaven that's much better than any other religion's Hell.

And Penguinism is very easy to follow, since it only has one tenet: make sure my lawn gets mowed. Believers take turns cutting my grass. If we get adherents, mowing my lawn will become a once-in-a-lifetime pilgrimage like the Hajj.

... and I can even rustle up a holy book if Raahim wants "proof".

Altfish

Veteran Member
And Penguinism is very easy to follow, since it only has one tenet: make sure my lawn gets mowed. Believers take turns cutting my grass. If we get adherents, mowing my lawn will become a once-in-a-lifetime pilgrimage like the Hajj.

... and I can even rustle up a holy book if Raahim wants "proof".
I believe oh Lord, I believe. Does it matter that I've only got a flymo?

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I get your point, proof of God's evidence is all around us. It's just that some people can see it & others are waiting for something spectacular like in the movies, but when such spectacular thing does happen (e.g Judgment day) then they will realize at the bare end He exists & it will be painful realization for few reasons. I just don't get it why people can't embrace those things as proof. Look at any science - biology, physics, chemistry, linguistics - is it more logical that something so complex & stable was made out of randomness or is there really His will in making all of those things possible. Science simply can't contradict God, every scientific fact comes from none other than God Himself.
Where is this "proof all around us?" Examples, please.
Most of the complexity you cite as evidence derives from well understood natural mechanisms. There's just no need to introduce magic into the equation. It's not rational.

If God truly wanted us to be aware of Him and follow His dictates, surely He'd be capable of making His existence obvious to everyone -- perhaps a prime time TV appearance, as Altfish suggested.

Raahim

مكتوب
The opposite; you may as well threaten me with a plague of unicorns or Lord Voldemort.
What you appear to fail to understand is that atheists don't believe the Bible, any of it. It is pure fantasy, just like Harry Potter (although HP is a splendid read). So the likes of Judgement Day are fiction and you are wasting time threatening us with it. It isn't going to happen and it certainly isn't 'proof' of anything.

It's not a threat at all, I don't know why you got it as a threat. It should only be a threat to you if you are afraid of your own actions through life. Judgment day will really be spectacular in every sense & on that day there will be no doubt in Allah's existence. :D I agree that Potter is splendid book.

Again, don't see how you came to conclusion that it's a threat. I just took it as example to what I assume non-believers want as proof.
However sooner or later everyone will become a believer because when we die we return to Allah & no one else.

Altfish

Veteran Member
It's not a threat at all, I don't know why you got it as a threat. It should only be a threat to you if you are afraid of your own actions through life. Judgment day will really be spectacular in every sense & on that day there will be no doubt in Allah's existence. :D I agree that Potter is splendid book.
I'll recap the key sentence....
"It's just that some people can see it & others are waiting for something spectacular like in the movies, but when such spectacular thing does happen (e.g. Judgment day) then they will realize at the bare end He exists & it will be painful realization for few reasons."
Well, you may not have meant it as a threat but it reads as a threat to me, it will be a 'Painful realisation' !!
Whether I believe it or not is irrelevant and I'm certainly not waiting for it.
btw. I think the alternative, heaven, is just as awful a place. I struggle to imagine anything so unbearable.