• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How To Make Google Not Remember Searches?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Lol, sus thread!
FH, that was my first thought too.
The amusing thing here is the idea that a Google product is not remembering your searches. That is very amusing. I would not take much comfort in the thought that the process is simply hidden from the end-user... as your searches are still added to the ever growing Google databases.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Go to 'Internet Options' then 'Browsing History' and select 'Delete browsing history upon exit'.

OR

Use CCleaner which Marble suggested after every use of your browser

OR

Go to settings, 'History', and select 'Delete browsing history' have the option of 'past hour', 'past day' etc or 'beginning of time'.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Go to 'Internet Options' then 'Browsing History' and select 'Delete browsing history upon exit'.

OR

Use CCleaner which Marble suggested after every use of your browser

OR

Go to settings, 'History', and select 'Delete browsing history' have the option of 'past hour', 'past day' etc or 'beginning of time'.
All of which does nothing to erase your tracks from Server-side snooping.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Safari + Adblock + Ghostery + don't stay logged into your Google account all the time.

I don't know about Chrome. Don't use it.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
All of which does nothing to erase your tracks from Server-side snooping.
Is he looking to remove the server side history or just to get Chrome to stop bringing up a long list of crap that he has already searched for on his own computer?

Seems to me that it is the latter he is asking about (though I may be wrong) and if so then what eselam posted would work just fine.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Is he looking to remove the server side history or just to get Chrome to stop bringing up a long list of crap that he has already searched for on his own computer?

Seems to me that it is the latter he is asking about (though I may be wrong) and if so then what eselam posted would work just fine.
For sure, Mes. The point is that it may keep things clean on your side of things, but it does almost nothing to minimize ones Internet footprint. It's sort of like walking around for miles in large boots, making a trail all the way back to your door and then cleaning up your entrance hall.

The Neo Nerd

Friend TSoA,

Be drunk!

Love & rgds

Or get Google drunk. It wont remember a thing in the morning.

Or download ccleaner by piriform. It's really small and puts an option on the right click menu of your recycling bin to erase all that kind of stuff.

Or you could use Firefox it has an option to delete all browsing data. Plus its better than chrome.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
I'd recomend www.duckduckgo.com its a search engine that does not track / save searches. Oh and drop Chrome its designed to track you.
You got to it before I could. Yeah, do that! For a browser that would keep most private, use midori, and its private browsing mode. Some pages will appear funky, but it will keep your footprints off the net. Oh, also, if you don't like being tracked, block facebook servers in your hosts file.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I guess for the ultimate privacy freaks there is always the option to unplug from the net completely, oh, and toss your cell phone too...

zenzero

Its only a Label
Friends,
I guess for the ultimate privacy freaks there is always the option to unplug from the net completely, oh, and toss your cell phone too...
Why not act *dead* LOL![ultimate privacy]
Love & rgds