• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to journal through your struggles

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings to anyone curious enough to click on this thread.

I hope you are enjoying your time on the forum today.

Here's an article from the Greater Good site - I believe I searched for the phrase - journaling difficult feelings?

Do you keep a diary in good times or bad? According to researchers James W. Pennebaker and Joshua M. Smyth, most journalers tend to fall squarely in one of the two categories: Either they write regularly until adversity hits, then can’t continue; or they only put pen to paper when they’re feeling down.

I fall in the latter category, and at some point I worried that my journals were getting pretty grim. Did I really want to look back and read tales of stress, uncertainty, and loss? But it turns out I was inadvertently engaging in a practice called Expressive Writing, one that has been the subject of hundreds of studies in the past thirty years. And according to that body of research, writing about your deepest struggles can have a positive impact on health and well-being.

The article gives a couple of pointers to get you started if you have yet to begin journaling.

Read the rest of it -

How to Journal Through Your Struggles

Wishing you all the best!