• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to interpret the christian Bible?

nPeace

Veteran Member
In all my years here at RF, I have never run across someone like you, who twists and turns things to suit themselves, as much as you have and continue to do. And laughing at others is not only rude, it even violates basic Christian decency. Do you also laugh at people whom are crippled? Do you also laugh at maybe your own children if they made a mistake? Maybe your own spouse? Whom else do you laugh at, nP?

Some of us here have been involved in Catholicism for decades, and some of here have taken classes and even taught Catholic theology, and yet you strut around here like a peacock telling us what we supposedly believe even after we repeatedly tell you that we don't. Could you be any more arrogant? I doubt it.

One of your fellow JW's, who will go unmentioned, posted a while back that Catholics worship the sun. When I posted four or five different Catholic sources that clearly showed that we don't and can't, it only stopped you fellow JW for a short bit. But sure enough, (s)he posted it again, including just recently. I mention this because I see a pattern with a couple of you JW's here, but fortunately not all.

Finally, I have had enough of your repeated dishonesty, thus this will be my last post directed at you regardless as to what the topic is.

Again:
Micah 6[8] He has showed you, O man, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk
humbly with your God?

Goodbye
s0221.gif
Goodbye metis.

74x12

I believe the Best way to interpret the Bible is to interpret it in a loving and kind way. Why?
Because it is written in the Bible that God is goodness, love, justice

And in the Bible the greatest commandment of God is:

Matthew 22:36-40
6 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Therefore I believe the logical conclusion is to is to interpret the Bible in a loving and kind way. And a loving and kind God care most about peoples heart and our actions, not which religion we follow

What do you think about this? Any thoughts?
This is start to know God's thoughts because God is love. Satan comes with fear and doubt to obscure the vision. But to really understand the scripture you don't lean on your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge God and he'll direct your path. It's only God that can show you hidden things out of his Word.

Muffled

Jesus in me
What convinces you that you are one with God, and gifted with holy spirit?

I believe the experience matched the promise that Jesus made. I believe fulfilled prophecy gives me confidence that He is in me as He said He would be.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

I believe the Best way to interpret the Bible is to interpret it in a loving and kind way. Why?
Because it is written in the Bible that God is goodness, love, justice

And in the Bible the greatest commandment of God is:

Matthew 22:36-40
6 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Therefore I believe the logical conclusion is to is to interpret the Bible in a loving and kind way. And a loving and kind God care most about peoples heart and our actions, not which religion we follow

What do you think about this? Any thoughts?
I totally agree.

nPeace

Veteran Member
I believe the experience matched the promise that Jesus made. I believe fulfilled prophecy gives me confidence that He is in me as He said He would be.
Can you mention an experience, and a particular fulfilled prophecy, and how that relates to your belief that he is in you.

I believe it is from my experiences studying with the JWs and having a brother-in-law study with them and from what I see on RF.
Can you give a specific experience you have had while studying with the JWs, that led you to conclude that they do not think for themselves, but "walk by the Watchtower and what they are taught no matter how little sense it makes".
Also what have you seen on RF that shows none of JWs think for themselves, and how does you and your brother-in-law studying with them demonstrate that?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I have seen pictures of Catholics kissing statues, so that might lead some people to say they worship statues
They would be wrong, though. Things are not always as they appear to the underinformed or the misinformed.

I think the point is: Not to even make religious images
No, the point is not to imbue the images with deific power of their own.
I find Jesus said at Matthew 6:7 when praying do Not say the same things over and over, so the model Our Father prayer (Luke 11:2-4) is Not meant to be repeated or recited word for word but as a model or sample to follow.
Not a prayer to memorize repeating the same words over and over as with reading out of a book
We don’t find the same thing you find.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
The best way to "interpret the Christian Bible" is to see it all as parables.
Problem is, not all the “Christian Bible” is parable. A parable is a specific literary form. The best way to interpret the “Christian Bible” (or any bible) is to exegete the texts for what they are.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I think all of the parables that were taught are a great way to teach.
par·a·ble/ˈperəb(ə)l/noun
a simple story used to illustrate a moral or spiritual lesson
It is just a story - no need to debate if it actually happened or not, no need to debate if it is true or not - it is just a thought-provoking story with a moral. The morals - the point of the entire thing is lost when anyone tries to claim it is "true" or claim "it really happened", starts debating evidence. Leave everything as a parable - with room for multiple interpretations of it (because it is just a parable, no right or wrong interpretation of it - each person will find what they need from it)...
Parables. → The best way to "interpret the Christian Bible" is to see it all as parables.

Yes, agree Jesus' parable illustrations is a great way to teach because it created memorable word pictures in people's minds.
However, as to the best way to ' interpret the Christian Bible ' I find it is by each subject or topic arrangement because the Bible is Not written ABC order as a dictionary nor reads as a story novel.
Using a comprehensive Bible concordance puts the Bible in alphabetical order for us by subject or topic.
Because the Bible has many corresponding cross-reference or parallel verses and passages we can see a complete picture of what Jesus was teaching, and why he often prefaced his statements with the words, " It is written....." meaning already written down in the old Hebrew Scriptures.