• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to guide someone out of evil propaganda

tigrers2019

Propaganda is the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person.

It can be used for moral good or moral evil. Most of the time it is used to further moral evil. It is especially effective for moral evil because it can tap directly into the carnal nature and stir it to the point of boiling. The gateway to this person's innermost room is their negative pride (as opposed to their positive pride or self esteem).

One example of this 'lock being picked' is the scripturally illiterate person who succumbs to the few scriptures used out of context by JWs to ensnare potential prospects. Those people become prideful with their thimble of knowledge and their negative pride is increased with each time they use these few out of context scriptures on another scriptural illiterate.

With political propaganda, in order for it to be effective, the setting for the target must first be created in the minds of the hearing/viewing audience. For in order to get people to surrender their will to their manipulator (feeder) he must create a certain hunger in them. Most of the time this hunger is anger.

This is demonstrated most of the time at political rallies where viciousness is even felt in the air.
At this point, it is true that natural facts will not help these people regain the control of their will, however, there are facts that will help and those are metaphysical facts.
For example, long ago, there was talk in my church about how it should be assigning people with business backgrounds to positions of authority to help the church conserve and acquire more money. Thinking worldly, this makes sense. However, the church is not a worldly organization. Therefore, it would be objectively wrong (metaphysically wrong) for the church to do this.

In the political realm, the United States is as close to being a metaphysical apparatus as a country can be and is backed by miracles (like also the 1st century church) occurring in the war of 1812.
I was in a conversation the other day with a person who believed that our country should be run like a business because money has been the determination of nearly everything in Washington, DC. I countered that our politicians, for no matter how long it has been going on, are objectively wrong (morally) for working for the highest financial bidder......with God in existence.

I don't know 100% if I got through to that person, but I do know, based on their reaction, that I re-introduced a fact that they once knew but was blinded in their mind by the negative propaganda so prevent on this person's favorite political cable channel.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member
To free someone of negative propaganda one must first free themselves. A very famous Religious Founder of Jewish descent made clear reference to this very principle (Matthew 7:1-4).

nPeace

Veteran Member
To add to adrian009's comment, I think one must be able to demonstrate that something is propaganda.
If one can see clearly what propaganda is, likely others can see it too.

tytlyf

Not Religious
Propaganda is emotional trickery. In order for it to work, the audience has to be vulnerable (oblivious) to propaganda.
The first step is teaching people how to recognize propaganda.
For an example, the movie "Death of a Nation" was released in theaters a couple years ago to paint liberals as founders of the KKK, slavery, racism, etc.
Reading comments on youtube from conservatives shows how effective this propaganda was. To this day you can see the anger and vitriol of people who were successfully targeted by the propaganda.

The same party that demonizes (and wants to defund) the public education system, is the party that recognizes from studies that people vulnerable to propaganda are more likely to be less educated.

Republican elitists rely on their willing base for votes. The elitists have a psychological profile on conservatives and know how to exploit their minds with ease.

Shiranui117

Pronounced Shee-ra-noo-ee
Premium Member
In order to deradicalize people, you have to be able to talk with them, listen to them, form a personal connection, and have them be confronted with a reality that does not conform to the worldview that they have been conditioned to hold. After that, walk them through the darkness and back into the light.

Daryl Davis did this excellently, deradicalizing more than 200 KKK members: How One Man Convinced 200 Ku Klux Klan Members To Give Up Their Robes

Darkforbid

Propaganda or truthful?
atheism.gif

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
For an example, the movie "Death of a Nation" was released in theaters a couple years ago to paint liberals as founders of the KKK, slavery, racism, etc.

And its true.

The first incarnation of the KKK mostly comprised of Democratic voters, seeking to overthrow Republican states/leaders. Its historical fact.

Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia

"The first Klan flourished in the Southern United States in the late 1860s during Reconstruction, then died out by the early 1870s. It sought to overthrow the Republican state governments in the South, especially by using violence against African-American leaders."