• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to get into Hell?

How to get into Heaven is one thing…

But what must one do that would ensure 100% that one will go to Hell after one dies?

Without harming anyone, of course

Basically: what is the quickest and easiest way to guarantee damnation?

Eternal life is promised for righteous. So, to not get that one must be unrighteous. But I don’t know any good reason to be unrighteous.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

But what must one do that would ensure 100% that one will go to Hell after one dies?

A according to many christians that i have had the misfortune to encounter (including one or few on this forum) the only sure-fire way of going to hell, burning in hell, rotting in hell etc, etc, etc is to be an atheist.

Personally i dont see how that works but they are insistent that only they know these things

David J

Excuse my ignorance, but, if going to heaven is one thing, isn't the other the ... toilet?

InChrist

Free4ever
A according to many christians that i have had the misfortune to encounter (including one or few on this forum) the only sure-fire way of going to hell, burning in hell, rotting in hell etc, etc, etc is to be an atheist.

Personally i dont see how that works but they are insistent that only they know these things

I guess there will be some "Christians" there along with hypocrites...

Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ Matthew 7:22-23

He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 24:51

susanblange

Excuse my ignorance, but, if going to heaven is one thing, isn't the other the ... toilet?
The Flying Roll (my diary) said, "I set the toilets on fire". It means the wicked. The water spins the same way Hell does and it was part of my vision of death. There are three entrances to Heaven and Hell on earth. They are the Bermuda Triangle, the Devil's Triangle, and the third is called "Maelstrom" and it's in the North Atlantic off the coast of Norway. Each serves two continents.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I guess there will be some "Christians" there along with hypocrites...

Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’ Matthew 7:22-23

He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 24:51

When i see posts like this it always reminds me of Matthew 7:1-5. But I expect you to deny it applies to you

Erebus

One quirk about hell I'm regularly assured of is that people choose to go there. You wouldn't think many people would choose to burn in unrelenting agony for all eternity but apparently there are more hardcore masochists than I thought there were.

With that in mind, when you reach the pearly gates I don't see why you couldn't say, "No thanks, I'll take the endless suffering option."

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

IMHO, reject Jesus as Savior when you know--when you hear that little voice prompting you within--that Jesus is Savior.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member

I heard blaspheming the Holy Spirit, whatever that means, might help.

At any rate, when you found out, let me know. I would find it suboptimal to spend all eternity with the likes of Mother Teresa, and such.

Ciao

- viole

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member

This is a hilarious question. Like, "Sign me up. I want to go! What's the best way to get there?" :)

The serious answer however is to just believe. Just keep telling yourself that God might send you there, or that God sends anyone there, and you have one foot in hell already. If you live in fear of damnation, you are already in hell. If you live in fear of God, you are in hell already.

The reality is, we really aren't, even though we live with such dark views which separate us from the Divine. We just let our beliefs put us there, as we live our life here in fear the Divine. We are also already in heaven, and hell not seeing what's already here the whole time.

Does the idea of hell give you Joy?, or does it bring forth a dark cloud of despair?

Last edited:

susanblange

This is a hilarious question. Like, "Sign me up. I want to go! What's the best way to get there?" :)

The serious answer however is to just believe. Just keep telling yourself that God might send you there, or that God sends anyone there, and you have one foot in hell already. If you live in fear of damnation, you are already in hell.

If you live in fear of God, you are in hell. But you really aren't. You just let your beliefs put you there, as you live your life here in heaven, not seeing what's already here the whole time.

Does the idea of hell give you joy?
Fearing God is very healthy for your spirit. The Messiah fears God. Isaiah 11:2-3. Proverbs 9:10. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding". If you're righteous and you sin, God will mark you. Job 10:14. "If I sin, then thou markest me, and thou wilt not acquit me from my iniquity".

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Fearing God is very healthy for your spirit. The Messiah fears God. Isaiah 11:2-3. Proverbs 9:10. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding". If you're righteous and you sin, God will mark you. Job 10:14. "If I sin, then thou markest me, and thou wilt not acquit me from my iniquity".
The fear they are speaking of is reverence. You revere God because of his goodness, out of gratitude, respect, and honor. How can you see any of those things if you are in fear of God? How can you revere God if God is a threat to your existence?

Do you think you can truly love someone whom you are afraid of, or of whom you should be afraid? How does love flourish and grow in such a relationship? I don't see how that's possible. Love that has to be worried, cannot ever be truly love. It becomes a distortion of love as you would see from a battered wife, married to a man who threatens her and others in the world with his violence.

Last edited:

Windwalker

Veteran Member
Premium Member
IMHO, reject Jesus as Savior when you know--when you hear that little voice prompting you within--that Jesus is Savior.
I heard that voice, quite a lot while I was in Bible college, not to believe what they are teaching me about God and hell. I listened. Thank you God! :)

InChrist

Free4ever
When i see posts like this it always reminds me of Matthew 7:1-5. But I expect you to deny it applies to you
Of course it applies to me. Nevertheless, that passage is misused so often to say that we are not to judge in any way whatsoever, which is truly foolish and not the point of the verse at all.
I know of a "pastor" who committed sex crimes against children, even babies for years and years. Is he not an evildoer using his position to gain the trust of parents and their children? Is he not a hypocrite claiming to be a "Christian" and preaching from the word of God every Sunday, but in secret he abused and molest children?
Thankfully, this "pastor" is now in prison, turned in by his own wife and son.
Wise judgement is vital and the Bible never speaks against wisdom.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Of course it applies to me. Nevertheless, that passage is misused so often to say that we are not to judge in any way whatsoever, which is truly foolish and not the point of the verse at all.
I know of a "pastor" who committed sex crimes against children, even babies for years and years. Is he not an evildoer using his position to gain the trust of parents and their children? Is he not a hypocrite claiming to be a "Christian" and preaching from the word of God every Sunday, but in secret he abused and molest children?
Thankfully, this "pastor" is now in prison, turned in by his own wife and son.
Wise judgement is vital and the Bible never speaks against wisdom.

You are of course right but the passage is specific. A conundrum for true christians no doubt... Do i follow the bible or do i do what is the human thing to do

InChrist

Free4ever
You are of course right but the passage is specific. A conundrum for true christians no doubt... Do i follow the bible or do i do what is the human thing to do
I don't see a conundrum, if the passage is taken in context with the rest of the Bible. Christians are called to constantly let the light of scripture expose our own sin and change us to be like Christ so that we can see and judge in humility. I believe the passage is a reminder to do just that so we do not judge others while letting our own sins slide. It is also a warning for those who do judge while ignoring their wrong doing.

ChristineM

Premium Member
I don't see a conundrum, if the passage is taken in context with the rest of the Bible. Christians are called to constantly let the light of scripture expose our own sin and change us to be like Christ so that we can see and judge in humility. I believe the passage is a reminder to do just that so we do not judge others while letting our own sins slide. It is also a warning for those who do judge while ignoring their wrong doing.

Ahh, the old time machine trick. The passage is clear to avoid what it says because it says something else elsewhere is the conundrum of which i speak. There are many contradictory passages in the bible.

Shad

Veteran Member

Take the I-5, take any exit.