• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How To Find The Religion Best Suited For You

Purity

I have a question to ask of everyone. I know you should go with what you feel connected to but is there a test one can take to find out what religion would best if you?
Example:I have strong family values,I'm conservative in my ways.I have a great love for nature and caring for animals and I believe in angels. I believe there is an afterlife but I also believe in reincarnation. I feel as peace meditating so what religion would I look to?
I have so many questions and would like all the answers but I find some religions to be pushing and more based on material things then others so how does one find a religion that best fits their beliefs and how they feel about things?
:) Purity

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Druidry seems close to what you believe.

I would be willing to give you a rundown of it. Are you monotheistic or polytheistic (Druidry serves either).

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I suggest you look into paganistic religions. They are generally not materialistic, meditation is a core aspect, and they allow for beings such as angels to exist. Nature plays a very prominant role.

Purity

Druidus said:
Druidry seems close to what you believe.

I would be willing to give you a rundown of it. Are you monotheistic or polytheistic (Druidry serves either).
Well I believe in one being but I also believe that other faiths are not wrong. That all faith are united in the end and that all meeting at this one being, I call it God you may call it the god and goddess. That sort of thing. I like to say.

All paths are united,cast not a single stone,say no unkind words. Reach out your hand to me and I shall take it.

I believe their is an energy in everything a stone, a tree, you , me we are all united but I also believe God made man over beast but I believe beast have a wisedom that can be learned from by man. I was brought up to believe in God and Jesus and I do but I feel very pulled to nature kind of in a zen way........So what do you think?

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
The discussion about the Belief-O-Matic in the other thread is thorough, and the points about its limitations are well taken. That being said, I've taken it a couple of times and gotten the same result, so I'd say it is a guideline to help you on your faith journey.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Purity said:
Well I believe in one being but I also believe that other faiths are not wrong. That all faith are united in the end and that all meeting at this one being, I call it God you may call it the god and goddess. That sort of thing. I like to say.

All paths are united,cast not a single stone,say no unkind words. Reach out your hand to me and I shall take it.

I believe their is an energy in everything a stone, a tree, you , me we are all united but I also believe God made man over beast but I believe beast have a wisedom that can be learned from by man. I was brought up to believe in God and Jesus and I do but I feel very pulled to nature kind of in a zen way........So what do you think?
I think you're coming to your own conclusion.;)

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I agree. Your God is my Source. They are one and the same.

believe their is an energy in everything a stone, a tree, you , me we are all united
This is Druidry.

but I also believe God made man over beast but I believe beast have a wisedom that can be learned from by man.
This is not Druidry. Druids believe that non-humans are equals (in spirit) to humans.

I was brought up to believe in God and Jesus and I do but I feel very pulled to nature kind of in a zen way........So what do you think?
That's exaclty how I used to feel. I even once believed in man's "superiority" over non-humans. Try out Maize's suggestion, the belief-o-matic can be helpful.

I still suggest you look into paganistic religions, but since you are monotheistic, Druidry is probably closer to what you believe than most pagan beliefs. Druidry allows for any number of Gods, from one to infinity, but there can be only one Source, from which the universe was initiated.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
CaptainXeroid said:
The discussion about the Belief-O-Matic in the other thread is thorough, and the points about its limitations are well taken. That being said, I've taken it a couple of times and gotten the same result, so I'd say it is a guideline to help you on your faith journey.
It's not perfect, but for someone trying to figure out where they belong, it can make you think about issues and questions you may not have before. Some of those questions are still difficult for me to answer (I just took it again).

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Maize said:
It's not perfect, but for someone trying to figure out where they belong, it can make you think about issues and questions you may not have before. Some of those questions are still difficult for me to answer (I just took it again).
Good points. Did you get the same result when you took it subequent times? :)

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Good points. Did you get the same result when you took it subequent times?
smile.gif
Mine are always close, but not the same.

I was 100% Unitarian Universalist, 96% Neo-Pagan, 94% Liberal Quaker, and 89% Secular Humanism. I used to be higher in Neo-Pagan, and lower in UU, as well as the other two I listed.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I thought I was going to be 'off topic' for saying that I re-took the test, but I did, and I came up with the same result, which I still don't understand.:help:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Purity,
I hope you realize that means you have to split yourself up as follows, each time you worship:-1. Orthodox Quaker (0%) 2. Bahá'í Faith (1%) 3. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (2%) 4. Liberal Quakers (9%) 5. Jehovah's Witness (9%) 6. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (11%) 7. Sikhism (14%) 8. Neo-Pagan (15%) 9. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (17%) 10. Unitarian Universalism (18%) 11. Orthodox Judaism (20%) 12. New Age (22%) - and so on and so forth, until you run out of bits...:biglaugh:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
CaptainXeroid said:
Good points. Did you get the same result when you took it subequent times? :)
The top one was always the same: UUism 100%, but the others would be in different order, usually Mahayana Buddhism and Neo-Paganism would trade spots.