• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to change your moral character when you feel no shame or guilt about something?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Coeliac disease is an auto immune response to gluten particles attached to the surface of the intestinal tract. It is not a "digestive condition". It is not managed by drugs or therapies. It is entirely resolved by refraining from consuming gluten, it doesn't just flare up randomly. That is the treatment for the condition. Penicillin kills pathogens causing illness. Clearly that's also a treatment that resolves the problem. Either way. I am bored of this conversation. Call it what you will. There is no cure for psychopathic behaviour. There is no treatment to resolve the condition.
There is no cure for Celiac's, no treatment to resolve it. That's the point.

Azrael Antilla

If there was no treatment, every coeliac would eventually die from acute anemia. The treatment is abstinence from gluten. Abstain from gluten and every symptom of coeliac disease, vanishes completely.

Last edited:

Azrael Antilla

I am not a medical expert. In my view. If a deletrious condition cannot be resolved or the quality of life cannot be significantly improved for the sufferer, then it is untreatable. Treatment again in my view can involve any action that removes the causative agent, like excising a tumour or a heart bypass, or by providing drugs and therapies that reduce or eliminate the effect of symptoms. I might be wrong. English is not my first language, German is. It's just the impression I have developed from the use of language in common parlance. In the UK.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If there was no treatment, every coeliac would eventually die from acute anemia. The treatment is abstinence from gluten. Abstain from gluten and every symptom of coeliac disease, vanishes completely.
But not the disease itself. It is managed.
It's no different with many chronic psychological illnesses.
I am not a medical expert. In my view. If a deletrious condition cannot be resolved or the quality of life cannot be significantly improved for the sufferer, then it is untreatable. Treatment again in my view can involve any action that removes the causative agent, like excising a tumour or a heart bypass, or by providing drugs and therapies that reduce or eliminate the effect of symptoms. I might be wrong. English is not my first language, German is. It's just the impression I have developed from the use of language in common parlance. In the UK.
Mental or physical, many times there is no treatment to cure and managing and coping with is the best we can do. IBS is another condition that at best is managed and coped with. Schizophrenia benefits greatly with psychotropic medications, but it too doesn't go away and must be coped with and managed.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I'm pretty sure the German word Behandlung does not actually refer to an action that completely removes the causative agent, either.