• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to be saved?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Love has following things:

Attachment to _____
Compassion for _____
Affection for _____
Desire of ______
Appreciation of _____
Holding on to_______
Awe and respect of ______
Worrying about ______

You see, what you fill the blanks, shows if love is guided or not.

Unguided love is attached to the Dunya (materialistic), is over compassionate for evil oppressors and feels to no resentment to their evil, has affection for deviated souls to the extent it denies hell, desire of purposeless pleasures, appreciation of illusions, holds on to delusion, awe and respect of prestige and fame and richness of material type, worries about gaining world and amplifying what perishes.

Guided love is attached to the light of God, compassion for God's chosen Image and the believers of that, affection for the sword of God and those who attached to it, desire of only God's face, appreciation of God's true honorable sustenance to creation, holding on to the name of God and blessed word of light, has awe and respect of God as true King and Master and Lord, and worries about displeasing God and their relationship with God and his chosen ones.

Unguided love is evil and ugly. Guided love which is the true form of love as it was created, is beautiful and great.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
I do not believe in eternal hell. I only believe in temporary hell. And reincarnation.

I believe God do not care which religion we follow. God only care about our hearts. So if you are kind to other humans and animals then you will go to heaven

Hah! And here's me mentally composing a reply based on Christianity, which you quite obviously don't subscribe to. Fair enough.

I strongly agree, based on logic only, that God would not care about which religion we follow. If this God wants to save us (gotta start somewhere) it suggests a certain benevolence. Given that, I think the idea that our characters are the determining factor makes sense. After all why would a supposed superior being care about exactly what we believe? And would a superior being set up a system where we one person's punishment can atone for the sins of other people? (An example from Christianity, but all religions have their silly beliefs.

I'm not too sure about temporary hell, on the basis of why punish us at all? If an individual is redeemable, redeem them. If not, a painless destruction will do, no punishment. So if hell is a psychiatric ward, I'm OK with it. Otherwise not so much.

I'm not sure how reincarnation fits in though. Unless we spend some time in treatment, then return for another go? Can we opt for permanent death instead? I'm not sure I want to go through life again.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Good afternoon Starlight. Matthew 19:16-17 says: "16 And behold, one came to him and said, Teacher, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why askest thou me concerning that which is good? One there is who is good: but if thou wouldest enter into life, keep the commandments."

I feel that Chr-stianity sidesteps this scripture and tries to make the Bible more soft, tolerant and liberal by not demanding its adherents to actually do anything, just saying it's all love. We must keep the commandments of Yahweh if we are to be saved. The next question to the reasoning mind is what are the commandments.

In my personal opinion, as an ex-Christian, Christianity is mostly a religion of fear, shame, and guilt trips. It's normally based on the fear of God's wrath against sin, the fear of going to hell for disobeying and sinning against God, and guilt trips and personal shame for sinning against God. According to most Christian teaching, if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your savior and you don't receive God's forgiveness for disobeying him, then you will go to hell to be tortured for all eternity. A lifetime of disobeying God gets you an eternity of torture and suffering in hell. If this specific belief isn't a self-defeating guilt trip, then I don't know what is. That's my opinion now.

There are scriptures that confirm someone's salvation can be stripped away by Jesus if they don't follow God's will. Jesus' parable of the sheep and the goats is one example, and so is this verse: "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven" (Matthew 7:21). And there lies another contradiction in the Bible, because Romans 10:9:13 says that if someone declares with their mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believes in their heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, they will be saved. These particular verses assert that whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved, but Jesus' own words (Matthew 7:21–23; Matthew 25:31–46) clearly contradict these verses and demonstrate that even though a person repents and is forgiven of their sins, they could still go to hell if they don't toe the line exactly the way God wants them to do.

As an ex-Christian, I no longer fear being judged by God or fear being sent to hell. I've let go of these fear-based tactics of Christianity and I no longer allow these beliefs to control my thoughts or my life. It was such a relief for me after I finally let go of these beliefs: the fear of God, the shame of disobeying God, the constant worry that I'd lose my salvation if I sinned against God and then died, and the persistent fear of going to hell even though I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior (Matthew 7:21-23). Now, I think that these beliefs are very detrimental to people's mental and emotional well-being. It certainly was to me. The only regret I have regarding my decision to renounce my faith in God is that I should have done it years ago rather than continue to hold on to the false hope that God is a loving and merciful heavenly father who loves me and cares about me. I could have saved myself years of anxiety and depression if I had been able to realize that my belief, faith, hope, and trust in God were the root cause of my anxiety and depression in the first place.

As I explained in one of my previous posts (click here), being a Christian was an absolute nightmare for me, and I'm determined to never be a Christian again. It took me several years to finally break free from Christianity and deprogram myself from all the church indoctrination that I had been subjected to while I was a Christian and while I was growing up. It was very difficult for me to detox from my faith, but as I've said before, renouncing my Christian faith and my belief in God was the best decision that I have ever made for myself and for my mental health. I liken my experience of giving up my Christian faith to being imprisoned, only my cell door was always open and I never realized I could escape whenever I wanted to. Christianity was a prison for me, but now I'm free from it.

I realize and understand that all the years of negative experiences I've had with Christianity are only anecdotal evidence, just as when Christians share their positive stories about having God in their lives. My point is that, after realizing that my faith, hope, and trust in God were an emotional crutch, I made the decision to let it all go in order to emotionally heal and better my life. To paraphrase Penn Jillette, a person does not need God in their life to be moral and be a good person. I believe his statement is validated by my personal experience of improving my life without having a belief in and faith in God. You can read his quote here. In my opinion, he is spot on.

Last edited:

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In my personal opinion, as an ex-Christian, Christianity is mostly a religion of fear, shame, and guilt trips. It's normally based on the fear of God's wrath against sin, the fear of going to hell for disobeying and sinning against God, and guilt trips and personal shame for sinning against God. According to most Christian teaching, if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your savior and you don't receive God's forgiveness for disobeying him, then you will go to hell to be tortured for all eternity. A lifetime of disobeying God gets you an eternity of torture and suffering in hell. If this specific belief isn't a self-defeating guilt trip, then I don't know what is.

There are scriptures that confirm someone's salvation can be stripped away by Jesus if they don't follow God's will. Jesus' parable of the sheep and the goats is one example, and so is this verse: "Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven" (Matthew 7:21). And there lies another contradiction in the Bible, because Romans 10:9:13 says that if someone declares with their mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believes in their heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, they will be saved. These particular verses assert that whoever calls on the name of the Lord will be saved, but Jesus' own words (Matthew 7:21–23; Matthew 25:31–46) clearly contradict these verses and demonstrate that even though a person repents and is forgiven of their sins, they could still go to hell if they don't toe the line exactly the way God wants them to do.

As an ex-Christian, I no longer fear being judged by God or fear being sent to hell. I've let go of these fear-based tactics of Christianity and I no longer allow these beliefs to control my thoughts or my life. It was such a relief for me after I finally let go of these tactics: the fear of God, the shame of disobeying God, the constant worry that I'd lose my salvation if I sinned against God and then died, and the persistent fear of going to hell even though I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior (Matthew 7:21-23). And now, I believe that these fundamental Christian beliefs are very detrimental to people's mental and emotional well-being. It certainly was to me. The only regret I have regarding my decision to renounce my faith in God is that I should have done it years ago rather than continue to hold on to the false hope that God is a loving and merciful heavenly father who loves me and cares about me. I could have saved myself years of anxiety and depression if I had been able to realize that my belief and hope in God was the root cause of my anxiety and depression in the first place.

As I explained in one of my previous posts (click here), being a Christian was an absolute nightmare for me, and I'm determined to never be a Christian again. It took me several years to finally break free from Christianity and deprogram myself from all the indoctrination that I had been subjected to while I was a Christian and while I was growing up. It was very difficult for me to detox from my faith, but as I've said before, renouncing my Christian faith and my belief in God was the best decision that I have ever made for myself and for my mental health. I liken my experience of giving up my Christian faith to being imprisoned, only my cell door was always open and I never realized I could escape whenever I wanted to. Christianity was a prison for me, but now I'm free from it.

I realize and understand that all the years of negative experiences I've had with Christianity are only anecdotal evidence, just as when Christians share their positive stories about having God in their lives. My point is that, after realizing that my faith and trust in God were an emotional crutch, I made the decision to let it go in order to emotionally heal and better my life. To paraphrase Penn Jillette, a person doesn't need God to be moral and be a good person. I believe his statement is validated by my experience of improving my life without having a belief in and faith in God. You can read his quote here, if you want to.

Shaming shame is a paradox.

See this thread:

Non-judgement | Religious Forums

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You forgot to mention that is your personal opinion, based on your preferred religious beliefs.

It's shown by logic. It's paradoxical.

Make a list of things "judgmental" judgments shame others about. And you shame all "those shame judgments".

So both shaming same amount.

Thus it's paradoxical. This is analytical, doesn't matter what religion is true as far as this goes.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
It's shown by logic. It's paradoxical.

Make a list of things "judgmental" judgments shame others about. And you shame all "those shame judgments".

So both shaming same amount.

Thus it's paradoxical. This is analytical, doesn't matter what religion is true as far as this goes.

Well, I disagree with you and with the premise of your thread, but I will not argue back and forth with you about it, Link. You can go on and on if you want to, but I won't respond to any more of your replies on the subject or argue about the content of my other post.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Well, I disagree with you and with the premise of your thread, but I will not argue back and forth with you about it, Link. You can go on and on if you want to, but I won't respond to any more of your replies on the subject or on my other post.

Up to you sister. It's just that mirroring shaming shame, leaves same amount shamed.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I do not believe in eternal hell. I only believe in temporary hell. And reincarnation.

I don't believe in hell, whether eternal or temporary, but I do believe that reincarnation is possible.

II believe God do not care which religion we follow. God only care about our hearts. So if you are kind to other humans and animals then you will go to heaven

I'm no longer convinced that the Christian God even exists, and I don't believe that there is a heaven as described in the Bible either. I do, however, believe that there is an afterlife and a human spirit can either choose to be earthbound or cross over into the other side, the spirit world. I also believe that human spirits can get stuck in the physical realm, but I feel like that is a topic for another thread.

I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that there are earthbound human spirits that can be reborn and live another mortal life. Of course, I can't say with absolute certainty that reincarnation is real since I can't recall any specific memories of a past life other than having feelings of déjà vu. But I have read stories of children telling their loved ones about their past lives (including these stories).

Tales Told by Children Remembering Their Past Lives

Reincarnation Stories: Children Who Remember Their Past Lives

5 Mysterious Cases of Children Who Claimed to Remember Their Past Lives

Little boy’s eerie reincarnation story freaks out mom in viral TikTok: ‘This is scary’

Four-year-old girl remembers everything about her past life, tells a story that makes the whole family shiver

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Just follow this:

1 John 4:16
God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them

1 Coriantians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Matthew 5:8
Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 22:34
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Psalm 89:14
'Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne;
love and faithfulness go before you.

I believe God do not care which religion we follow. God only care about our hearts. So if you are kind to other humans and animals then you will go to heaven

This is my opinion.
Any thoughts? Do you agree or disagree?

There are lots of ways of being saved in the Bible. I guess that's good.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Saved from hell. If you follow what i wrote, then you go to heaven
If, as you claimed in another thread, "God is Love" and that love is without limits, that is, as you say "unconditional" -- then it is impossible to see how that same God could have created a "hell" in the first place. That seems to me to be a total contradiction.

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
I don't believe in hell, whether eternal or temporary, but I do believe that reincarnation is possible.

I'm no longer convinced that the Christian God even exists, and I don't believe that there is a heaven as described in the Bible either. I do, however, believe that there is an afterlife and a human spirit can either choose to be earthbound or cross over into the other side, the spirit world. I also believe that human spirits can get stuck in the physical realm, but I feel like that is a topic for another thread.

I don't think it's unreasonable to believe that there are earthbound human spirits that can be reborn and live another mortal life. Of course, I can't say with absolute certainty that reincarnation is real since I can't recall any specific memories of a past life other than having feelings of déjà vu. But I have read stories of children telling their loved ones about their past lives (including these stories).

Tales Told by Children Remembering Their Past Lives

Reincarnation Stories: Children Who Remember Their Past Lives

5 Mysterious Cases of Children Who Claimed to Remember Their Past Lives

Little boy’s eerie reincarnation story freaks out mom in viral TikTok: ‘This is scary’

Four-year-old girl remembers everything about her past life, tells a story that makes the whole family shiver
I believe God is universal, that monotheistic religions worship the same God. They believe this God has different names and attributes but in reality they are talking about the same God. So God has no religion. God is beyond religion

Last edited:

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
If, as you claimed in another thread, "God is Love" and that love is without limits, that is, as you say "unconditional" -- then it is impossible to see how that same God could have created a "hell" in the first place. That seems to me to be a total contradiction.
I believe hell exist but it is not eternal

If I believed in eternal hell then yes that would be a contradiction

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If there is a God and God is benevolent and empathic then I agree with you.

If there isn't, I still agree that the life of the good person is along the lines you indicate, and such people can die knowing they've given more than they've taken.

(My own mantra is, Do no harm. Treat others with decency, respect and inclusion.)

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I believe hell exist but it is not eternal

If I believed in eternal hell then yes that would be a contradiction
Are you sure that's what you believe? Because you said, "If you follow what i wrote, then you go to heaven." That implies that if you don't follow what you wrote, then you don't go to heaven. That would make hell eternal.

Messianic Israelite

In my personal opinion, as an ex-Christian, Christianity is mostly a religion of fear, shame, and guilt trips. It's normally based on the fear of God's wrath against sin, the fear of going to hell for disobeying and sinning against God, and guilt trips and personal shame for sinning against God. According to most Christian teaching, if you don't accept Jesus Christ as your savior and you don't receive God's forgiveness for disobeying him, then you will go to hell to be tortured for all eternity. A lifetime of disobeying God gets you an eternity of torture and suffering in hell. If this specific belief isn't a self-defeating guilt trip, then I don't know what is. That's my opinion now.

As an ex-Christian, I no longer fear being judged by God or fear being sent to hell. I've let go of these fear-based tactics of Christianity and I no longer allow these beliefs to control my thoughts or my life. It was such a relief for me after I finally let go of these beliefs: the fear of God, the shame of disobeying God, the constant worry that I'd lose my salvation if I sinned against God and then died, and the persistent fear of going to hell even though I accepted Jesus Christ as my savior (Matthew 7:21-23). Now, I think that these beliefs are very detrimental to people's mental and emotional well-being. It certainly was to me. The only regret I have regarding my decision to renounce my faith in God is that I should have done it years ago rather than continue to hold on to the false hope that God is a loving and merciful heavenly father who loves me and cares about me. I could have saved myself years of anxiety and depression if I had been able to realize that my belief, faith, hope, and trust in God were the root cause of my anxiety and depression in the first place.

As I explained in one of my previous posts (click here), being a Christian was an absolute nightmare for me, and I'm determined to never be a Christian again. It took me several years to finally break free from Christianity and deprogram myself from all the church indoctrination that I had been subjected to while I was a Christian and while I was growing up. It was very difficult for me to detox from my faith, but as I've said before, renouncing my Christian faith and my belief in God was the best decision that I have ever made for myself and for my mental health. I liken my experience of giving up my Christian faith to being imprisoned, only my cell door was always open and I never realized I could escape whenever I wanted to. Christianity was a prison for me, but now I'm free from it.

I realize and understand that all the years of negative experiences I've had with Christianity are only anecdotal evidence, just as when Christians share their positive stories about having God in their lives. My point is that, after realizing that my faith, hope, and trust in God were an emotional crutch, I made the decision to let it all go in order to emotionally heal and better my life. To paraphrase Penn Jillette, a person does not need God in their life to be moral and be a good person. I believe his statement is validated by my personal experience of improving my life without having a belief in and faith in God. You can read his quote here. In my opinion, he is spot on.

Hi Sgt. Pepper. Thanks for your post. Well, it certainly is a shame that you feel following the Bible was some kind of burden for you. I can say that the burden isn't following the Word of Yahweh, but the burden is sin and we are commanded to overcome our fleshly and sinful natures. 1 John 5:4 says: "For whatsoever is begotten of Yahweh overcometh the world: and this is the victory that hath overcome the world, even our faith." Is it easy to overcome? No, it isn't. It's a struggle, but with the help of Yahweh, Yahshua and the Holy Spirit, we can overcome. Sure, we can throw off the yoke of the commandments in order to feel comfortable in sinning, but I could never do that. There's absolutely no way I could do that to Yahshua. Firstly, Yahweh has done so much for me through His Son Yahshua the Messiah, I could never turn my back on Him. Secondly, I recognise the Word of Yahweh as a delight, not a burden. Psalm 119:92 says "Unless thy law had been my delight, I should then have perished in mine affliction." You have to be careful in not thinking that the Word is a burden. You can read in Jeremiah 23:37-39:

"37 Thus shalt thou say to the prophet, What hath Yahweh answered thee? and, What hath Yahweh spoken? 38 But if ye say, The burden of Yahweh; therefore thus saith Yahweh: Because ye say this word, The burden of Yahweh, and I have sent unto you, saying, Ye shall not say, The burden of Yahweh; 39 therefore, behold, I will utterly forget you, and I will cast you off, and the city that I gave unto you and to your fathers, away from my presence:"

I agree that claiming that one will burn in hell for all eternity is a tactic employed by Chr-stianity but is not scriptural. The Bible tells us the wicked will be destroyed. They will come to an end. Yahweh wouldn't burn people endlessly for all eternity. Yahweh has no pleasure in the death of the wicked. When you come to overcome, you realize the Bible way is a light yoke just as what Yahshua said in Matthew 11:30.

Think about Romans 6:20-22:
"20 For when ye were servants of sin, ye were free in regard of righteousness. 21 What fruit then had ye at that time in the things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22 But now being made free from sin and become servants to Yahweh, ye have your fruit unto sanctification, and the end eternal life."

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If there is a God and God is benevolent and empathic then I agree with you.

If there isn't, I still agree that the life of the good person is along the lines you indicate, and such people can die knowing they've given more than they've taken.

(My own mantra is, Do no harm. Treat others with decency, respect and inclusion.)

The thing is whether we like it or not, all aspects of a human if God exists, must have a place including cruelty. The proper place of cruelty is only as retribution to evil otherwise it has no place. It only makes sense as a way to deal with evil after and only after exhausting forbearance and compassion.

All aspects originate from the source and manifest the one. The same essence that is ultimately loving towards believers is ultimately hateful towards transgressors.

Pudding

Just follow this:

1 John 4:16
God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them

1 Coriantians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Matthew 5:8
Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 22:34
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Psalm 89:14
'Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne;
love and faithfulness go before you.

This is my opinion.
Any thoughts? Do you agree or disagree?
I haven't been convince to believe God, Fairy, Zombie, heaven, fairy land, hell, zombie land and other similar things exist.
I haven't been convince to believe good people will go to heaven, fairy land or other similar place.
I haven't been convince to believe bad people will go to hell, zombie land or other similar place.
I cannot love God, Fairy and other similar things with all my heart/soul/mind, because i'm not a believer in God and Fairy etc.

If you or anyone wants me to believe God, Fairy, Zombie, heaven, fairy land, hell, zombie land and/or other similar things exist, please prove they exists, thanks.

If you or anyone wants me to believe good people will go to heaven, fairy land or other similar place, please prove it, thanks.

If you or anyone wants me to believe bad people will go to hell, zombie land or other similar place, please prove it, thanks.

If you or anyone wants me to love God, Fairy and/or other similar things with all my heart/soul/mind, please first prove they exists, after that then we can discuss about whether or not i'll love them, thanks.

Last edited:

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Hi Sgt. Pepper. Thanks for your post. Well, it certainly is a shame that you feel following the Bible was some kind of burden for you. I can say that the burden isn't following the Word of Yahweh, but the burden is sin and we are commanded to overcome our fleshly and sinful natures. 1 John 5:4 says: "For whatsoever is begotten of Yahweh overcometh the world: and this is the victory that hath overcome the world, even our faith." Is it easy to overcome? No, it isn't. It's a struggle, but with the help of Yahweh, Yahshua and the Holy Spirit, we can overcome. Sure, we can throw off the yoke of the commandments in order to feel comfortable in sinning, but I could never do that. There's absolutely no way I could do that to Yahshua. Firstly, Yahweh has done so much for me through His Son Yahshua the Messiah, I could never turn my back on Him. Secondly, I recognise the Word of Yahweh as a delight, not a burden. Psalm 119:92 says "Unless thy law had been my delight, I should then have perished in mine affliction." You have to be careful in not thinking that the Word is a burden. You can read in Jeremiah 23:37-39:

"37 Thus shalt thou say to the prophet, What hath Yahweh answered thee? and, What hath Yahweh spoken? 38 But if ye say, The burden of Yahweh; therefore thus saith Yahweh: Because ye say this word, The burden of Yahweh, and I have sent unto you, saying, Ye shall not say, The burden of Yahweh; 39 therefore, behold, I will utterly forget you, and I will cast you off, and the city that I gave unto you and to your fathers, away from my presence:"

I agree that claiming that one will burn in hell for all eternity is a tactic employed by Chr-stianity but is not scriptural. The Bible tells us the wicked will be destroyed. They will come to an end. Yahweh wouldn't burn people endlessly for all eternity. Yahweh has no pleasure in the death of the wicked. When you come to overcome, you realize the Bible way is a light yoke just as what Yahshua said in Matthew 11:30.

Think about Romans 6:20-22:
"20 For when ye were servants of sin, ye were free in regard of righteousness. 21 What fruit then had ye at that time in the things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death. 22 But now being made free from sin and become servants to Yahweh, ye have your fruit unto sanctification, and the end eternal life."

I don't need you to preach to me because I have read the Bible and I am aware of what it says. I am also aware of your interpretation of the Bible, which is based on your preferred Messianic beliefs. I would advise you to save your breath because your preaching and proselytizing won't work on me. I no longer believe as I used to and no amount of preaching and citing verses will ever change that. FYI, stating your beliefs as a definitive matter of fact without using phrases like "I believe/feel/think" is against forum rules (see rule 8).

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The thing is whether we like it or not, all aspects of a human if God exists, must have a place including cruelty. The proper place of cruelty is only as retribution to evil otherwise it has no place. It only makes sense as a way to deal with evil after and only after exhausting forbearance and compassion.

All aspects originate from the source and manifest the one. The same essence that is ultimately loving towards believers is ultimately hateful towards transgressors.
Retribution may have its place, but if cure is possible, retribution should never be substituted. A benevolent God would never send anyone to hell, for example, simply cure the vices of the offender.