• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to be saved?

Starlight

Spiritual but not religious, new age and omnist
Just follow this:

1 John 4:16
God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them

1 Coriantians 13:4-8
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Matthew 5:8
Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted. Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled. Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God. Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 22:34
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Psalm 89:14
'Righteousness and justice are the foundation of your throne;
love and faithfulness go before you.

I believe God do not care which religion we follow. God only care about our hearts. So if you are kind to other humans and animals then you will go to heaven

This is my opinion.
Any thoughts? Do you agree or disagree?

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
By rejecting things for which no proof is provided.
For example, 'I will give you a million dollars tomorrow, but won't give you a cent today'.

Last edited:

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
Just follow this:

God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

for they will inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Deuteronomy 32:3-4
'Oh, praise the greatness of our God!
4 He is the Rock, his works are perfect,
and all his ways are just.
A faithful God who does no wrong,
upright and just is he.'

love and faithfulness go before you.'

It all sounds gloriously good the way you picked out those verses. I wish it were real.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
What do you mean? I do not understand your question
What are the good and bad aspects of either one? In other words, why is heaven preferable to hell, and is hell really all that bad/is heaven all that good?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Saved from hell. If you follow what i wrote, then you go to heaven
I don't believe in Heaven or Hell but from the description Heaven sounds awful. Imaging going to a place full of pious people praying all day to some being. Absolute hell (sorry pun intended)
I'd rather be with the bad guys and girls, far more interesting.

Viker

Häxan
I think I have made myself perfectly clear. If there is an actual Hell, I would prefer it.

Since this is a doomed proselytizing thread.

None of you can or ever will escape the void. You had best prepare for the shock and awe that is coming, that everything they've told you is wrong. There is only the abyss. There is only chaos and infinite darkness on the horizon. If you're not prepared you will be facing the mother of all nightmares, infinite and boundless. God can not save you. Even God can not save himself from the terror of the darkness. Even God has not prepared for this unavoidable fate. Your God will be destroyed and twisted with the rest of the wreckage within the void. Read some Lovecraft. Eat some nachos. Take a bath. You've been warned.

osgart

Nothing my eye, Something for sure
What are the good and bad aspects of either one? In other words, why is heaven preferable to hell, and is hell really all that bad/is heaven all that good?
That all depends on how you envision it based off the verses she quoted.

Is hell really all that good, and heaven all that bad? Just only going by the verses she mentioned?

danieldemol

Premium Member
I agree that love and justice are the path to a prosperous society which benefits all. So in the sense that human society need be saved from destruction i can agree.

But I dont believe in hell, so if you are going to suggest I need to be saved from hell I'm going to vehemently disagree.

In my opinion.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
That all depends on how you envision it based off the verses she quoted.

Is hell really all that good, and heaven all that bad? Just only going by the verses she mentioned?
I wouldn't know. I'm waiting to hear how she envisions it.

I think to be saved means one is saved from the judgment that would come because of sin.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

One can be saved from that by accepting sins forgiven. And any disciple of Jesus can forgive sins.

Whoever's sins you forgive, they are forgiven them. Whoever's sins you retain, they have been retained."
John 20:23

But, to get eternal life, one must be righteous. Therefore, after sin is forgiven, there should happen change in person so that he doesn't continue in sin, otherwise the forgiveness is not useful.

Brian2

Veteran Member
Just follow this:

love and faithfulness go before you.'

this is my opinion.

If you do all those things you will be saving yourself.
Being saved is something that God does for us.