• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How to be more aware?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow earthlings!

I hope your time today has been an enjoyable one. If not - things could improve when you least expect it!

I wasn't terribly sure where to post this ...

I suppose a LOT of people reading this post will have heard the word "mindfulness" - if not plug it into your favourite Google search engine and you will find a LOT of advice/suggestions/opinions/practices etc etc

I just did a quick search and here is what I found -

Mindfulness means non-judgemental awareness. A direct knowing of what is going on inside and outside ourselves, moment by moment.

Being aware of yourself and the world | Mindfulness for mental wellbeing

You can also try this site -

Getting Started with Mindfulness - Mindful

It has an abundance of articles all about living more mindfully.

All the best!

:)

P.S. In case you have yet to hear - there are many benefits of practicing mindfulness - if you don't believe me try this helpful site all about your mental health -

Benefits of Mindfulness - HelpGuide.org

It is quite comprehensive just in case you need a little more persuading!

Ciao!

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
A quick way to (re) establish mindfulness and return to the present is "feeling your weight". Just direct attention to the sensation of bodily pressure due to weight/gravity.

questfortruth

Greetings fellow earthlings!

I hope your time today has been an enjoyable one. If not - things could improve when you least expect it!

I wasn't terribly sure where to post this ...

I suppose a LOT of people reading this post will have heard the word "mindfulness" - if not plug it into your favourite Google search engine and you will find a LOT of advice/suggestions/opinions/practices etc etc

I just did a quick search and here is what I found -

Mindfulness means non-judgemental awareness. A direct knowing of what is going on inside and outside ourselves, moment by moment.

Being aware of yourself and the world | Mindfulness for mental wellbeing

You can also try this site -

Getting Started with Mindfulness - Mindful

It has an abundance of articles all about living more mindfully.

All the best!

:)

P.S. In case you have yet to hear - there are many benefits of practicing mindfulness - if you don't believe me try this helpful site all about your mental health -

Benefits of Mindfulness - HelpGuide.org

It is quite comprehensive just in case you need a little more persuading!

Ciao!
To be more sane in my Religion people eat Godson and drink His blood. It has helped me to clean the mind to solve the Riemann Hypothesis.