• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How the best possible future for the world might happen?

WalterTrull

Godfella
I'd like to try to learn something with your help,
I’d be happy to tell you what I think, although I believe it’s what you think that matters. I believe in revelation and that if you are open, you will start to see answers to your questions on your own. It might be prompted by something I say, or somebody else says, or even some religious dogma (although that’s not my favorite). If you are honestly looking, it will come to you.

Workman

UNIQUE
What are the best possibilities you can see for the future of the world and all its people; how do you think they might happen; and what are you learning to do, that might help?
IMO..the best possibilities there is..is that there is none, why? Because time tells me so..even time is not it’s best possibility, Everything has an end to it. The only best possibility one can do while getting the chance is to making himself one [im]possible in the next world(afterlife)..if there can be a chance of the afterlife..why not take it! Isn’t that worth something to live for? Doesn’t one think he owes to kids or loved ones to look forward to? And not only in this world will be the last time they’ll see one again..I understand it’s a big risk because there is no proof of afterlife but I’m willing to take my chances.
I like to always look behind in my footsteps and make sure there is no regrets. If worse case scenario if I didn’t believe in afterlife then my time came to an end, and then all of a sudden I’m standing at some gate being judge upon how I lived..I think I will not get a second chance..or the other option will be nothing at all after death..one can measure what is the BEST possible future he’s willing to choose.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Do you see anything for you to do, to help with that?
Alas, a lot of fundamentalist Christians think inciting "wars and rumors of war" will hasten Armageddon and the Kingdom of God on Earth. They take no interest in ameliorating man's depredations, ecological and otherwise. God will save us in the end, and the faster we can hasten the end, the faster we'll enjoy an Earthly paradise.
I keep hoping that eventually we will all just get sick and tired of killing ourselves and each other in this giant Darwinist competition we think we must be part of, and we'll decide to cooperate for the good of everyone. But sadly, we humans don't seem to live long enough, or teach our children well enough, for this lesson to be fully learned and held on to.
People have been preaching peace, love and brotherhood for thousands of years -- then marching off to war as usual. Our hunter-gatherer brains just don't seem to be wired for cosmopolitan life or long-term planning. Till we can learn to be a little less tribal, we'll always struggle with our natures.

Shadow Link

I have a better idea now of what I would like to do. I'd like to try to learn something from you, and for it to do you some good to talk to me about what you're learning to do, and hoping to do, to help improve education.
Thanks!

You're welcome!

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
How do you picture us getting from here to there? What are you learning to do, to help it happen?
I am a scientist, currently in India. My research is regarding the development of renewable fuels for aircrafts, pollution mitigation technologies by improving the combustion process and waste-to-fuel conversion technologies. Hoping to do my part in helping India meet her Paris Agreement targets.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Well… I’m a mental universe guy, based on quantum stuff I’ve read and my interpretation of “Our father who art in heaven” . I feel that says the source or our being (father) is mental (in heaven). Also, if the universe (including us) is mental, it would seem to be a now universe and instantaneous. So… the father would seem to be creating the now, now. “Thy will be done”. What is very interesting to me is that even though God is the power, we can influence our present condition through prayer. What prayer is and how we do it, is another story. I feel that we pray constantly, although we may not know it or identify the process. I have yet to fully come to grips with the “tricky” part: “knowing that you have what you ask for”. I’m calling that faith.
Can you give some examples of how it can improve our thinking, and the fruits of our efforts for our best interests, to think of everything as being mental? Is it to work better with the powers in us and in the world around us, that work for our best interests?

I remember when I used to wish for more romance in my life with my wife. One of the best images of romance for me was in the song “We’ve only just begun to live.” I even cut out some pictures from magazines, to go with the words, and put them on colored paper in a notebook. Then one day I realized that everything in that song was already in our life together. The only thing missing for me was feeling that. I started learning to feel it, and ever since then we’ve both been seeing and feeling it more and more, year after year. “But with me and you, it just started quietly and grew ... getting so much better all the time. (Getting better all the tI-I-ime.”)

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Personally, I'm good with whatever happens happens. "It was all meant to be."
If you don’t mind telling me, what are some of your best wishes and intentions towards people in your life, towards all people everywhere, and towards the world around you; and what are some examples of how those come out in your actions?

The reason I’m asking is because I’m reaching for the best possibilities between you and me, here and now. One possibility I’m considering is that some kind of conversation with you could help me along in my path of progress. Another is that there might be some possible benefit for you in talking to me about what you’re learning to do, and hoping to do, for your highest and best interests

You might be suspicious of my motives and intentions. I think you know that I’ve seen enough of what Baha’is do sometimes in Internet discussions, to be able to sympathize very well with those suspicions. I’m hoping that in spite of that you will be willing to continue this conversation with me.

If there were a possibility that some day I might turn away from Abrahamic religion to a better path, can you think of any kind of conversation between us here and now, that might help me along in my path of progress?

Would you be willing to try talking to me about about some parts of what you’re learning to do, and hoping to do, for your highest and best interests, or for your best wishes for other people and for the world?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
I am a scientist, currently in India. My research is regarding the development of renewable fuels for aircrafts, pollution mitigation technologies by improving the combustion process and waste-to-fuel conversion technologies. Hoping to do my part in helping India meet her Paris Agreement targets.
Do you see anything else that needs to happen, besides advancements in science and technology, for the best future for the world? If so, do you see anything for you to do, to help with that?

Do you have any ideas about what anyone who wants to can do, to help with progress in reducing pollution, and depletion of natural resources?

Are you faced with any moral or ethical issues in your work, or insufficiencies in your knowledge and skills? If so, what are they, and what are you doing and hoping to do about them?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
As I see it, the best possibilities for the future of the world and all its people are the establishment of The World Order of Bahá’u’lláh.

The way I can help is to get the message out that Baha'ullah has come.
I’m trying to think of something you might be able to help me learn to do, that I might like to learn. Do you have any ideas about that?

What are you learning to do, and hoping to do, to get your message out?

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
I’m trying to think of something you might be able to help me learn to do, that I might like to learn. Do you have any ideas about that?

What are you learning to do, and hoping to do, to get your message out?
I do not hope to do anything because I live one day at a time, in the present moment.
In the moment, I look for opportunities to learn about others and share myself and what I believe.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
The only best possibility one can do while getting the chance is to making himself one [im]possible in the next world(afterlife)..if there can be a chance of the afterlife..why not take it! Isn’t that worth something to live for? Doesn’t one think he owes to kids or loved ones to look forward to? And not only in this world will be the last time they’ll see one again..I understand it’s a big risk because there is no proof of afterlife but I’m willing to take my chances.
I’m not sure I’m following you. You mean trying to make a place for yourself in the afterlife, so that you will be there for your children and other loved ones? Along with that, do you have any other interests in any kind of service to others, or helping to build a better world?
I like to always look behind in my footsteps and make sure there is no regrets.
Is that part of trying to make a place for yourself in the afterlife? What else are you learning to do and hoping to do, for that?

Jim

Nets of Wonder
@Vee I have some kind of intuition about some kind of conversation I’d like to have with you, without any clear idea of what it would be or how to do it. It’s a feeling that there might be wonderful possibilities in Internet discussions for all of us to learn from each other, and encourage and support each other, in the good that we’re trying to do, no matter how little we know each other, and no matter how far apart we are in our ideas and interests.

Maybe I should tell you more about my relationship with Jesus, with the Bible, and with Jehovah’s Witnesses. I’m following a prophet and some religious scriptures that have been rejected by all the Christian Churches. I have disagreements with all the Christian churches, including Jehovah’s Witnesses, about what the Bible says, but I don’t see my disagreements with them as disagreements with the Bible, or with God or Jesus. As I said, I think that the best thing that can happen to anyone, and what the world needs most of all, is learning to follow Jesus. What I’m trying to do for that is continually improving my personality and character, learning to be a better friend to more people, and helping with the growth and spread of healthier, happier and more loving communities.

PureX

Veteran Member
@PureX Your view of life looks dark, dismal and lonely to me. Does it feel that way to you?
No, because I have the moment to live in, and that can be a very pleasant experience. Especially if I practice gratitude by noticing it, and being thankful for it.

Part of me hopes that humanity will someday transcend it's animal nature and become fully human. But it's not going to happen in my lifetime, and right now it looks like it's probably not going to happen at all. And in any age there will always be a few humans scattered among us. So I can look out for them.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
Whenever I try to do anything like this online, it always becomes too time consuming and mind consuming, taking too much of my time and my mind away from the rest of my life.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Best outcome:-
Large dense well planned urban cities driven entirely by sustainable energy and smart AI intensive infrastructure. Population per city 5-10 million.
These cities surrounded by large climate controlled greenhouses where all food are grown from suitably bio-engineered plants to ensure very high yield at low resource utilization. City waster fully recycled to organic fertilizers as plant food.
High speed inter-city train services and planes facilitating travel between cities.
Population stabilized at about 8-10 billion.
Each of these mega-polis internally governed and autonomous. City conglomerations decide continental policies while planetary policies determined in a future version of UN. Nation states are obsolete.
Rest of landmass (about 40%) left to the wilderness to keep planetary ecology stable and recover from the destruction it faced in the 20th and 21st century.

When could this happen? Optimistically by middle of 22nd century.

cities-wide.jpg

382-future-london-skyline-2100.jpg

Average human lifespan should touch 150 years by then.

I love it and other than your human lifespan prediction i could hope for a similar utopia.

As for lifespan, as long as the Hayflick limit holds a human can expect to live a maximum of around 120 years. It may be possible to increase this with some serious dna modification. Not sure a majority of the human race would accept the idea on ethical or religious grounds.

Jim

Nets of Wonder
The “knowing that you have what you ask for” follow up is the tricky part, and hard.
That happened to me, thinking about this thread, after my last post. I realized that everything I was wishing for had already happened. Also, I realize now that I've been praying all along for something, without knowing that I was praying, or what I was praying for. That all happened after I saw posts in this thread from three different people all pointing in the same direction.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I love it and other than your human lifespan prediction i could hope for a similar utopia.

As for lifespan, as long as the Hayflick limit holds a human can expect to live a maximum of around 120 years. It may be possible to increase this with some serious dna modification. Not sure a majority of the human race would accept the idea on ethical or religious grounds.
Hayflick limit? Pshaw!
Clearly you're underestimating the future capabilities of medical science:

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-25_5-33-3.jpeg
    upload_2019-3-25_5-33-3.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 0