• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How the 1917 (sic) flue put an end to WWII

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
There is absolutely nothing comforting about the fact that many if not most Trump supporters revere him as if he's infallible and beyond reproach. In fact it's pitiful and disturbing.
An especially weird moment for me was at a public speaking contest a few years ago, about a month before Trump was elected.

When the MC was interviewing the contestants, he asked one of them - the one who actually ended up winning the contest - which public figure today was the best public speaker. He responded "Donald Trump."

I've seen this guy speak a few times - he's an accomplished speaker who ought to know what he's talking about on this... but the one person he looked up to as an orator more than any other was Trump.

I just don't get it.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
An especially weird moment for me was at a public speaking contest a few years ago, about a month before Trump was elected.

When the MC was interviewing the contestants, he asked one of them - the one who actually ended up winning the contest - which public figure today was the best public speaker. He responded "Donald Trump."

I've seen this guy speak a few times - he's an accomplished speaker who ought to know what he's talking about on this... but the one person he looked up to as an orator more than any other was Trump.

I just don't get it.
Perhaps he judged based not upon the quality of the message,
but rather upon the effectiveness of delivering the intended
message to the intended audience. Please excuse the Godwinism,
but Hitler was also an effective public speaker.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Perhaps he judged based not upon the quality of the message,
but rather upon the effectiveness of delivering the intended message to the intended audience.
Put differently, he was likely modeling the dangerous effectiveness of confirmation bias when a repulsive demagogue feeds his or her base.