• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How St. Augustine Invented Sex

DavidFirth

It's just that if you say yes, then you have been more influenced by Augustine than you care to admit.

I am well aware of that. I'm not as stupid or ignorant as you think I am.

Now, if you're going to ask me if I believe in a concept or not, you are going to have to show me the scriptures that say whether or not I should or should not believe it. Remember that.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I am well aware of that. I'm not as stupid or ignorant as you think I am.

Now, if you're going to ask me if I believe in a concept or not, you are going to have to show me the scriptures that say whether or not I should or should not believe it. Remember that.
Or you could just answer the question.

DavidFirth

Prolly because you're a hell bound Protestant. The nuns at Holy Angels Church elementary school taught me al-l-l-l about you people.
;)
Tom

Most Catholics I know consider Protestants to be fellow Christians. I'm sure all of them don't feel that way, though.

DavidFirth

:facepalm:

It's called theology.

There is all the theology we need right there in the word of God. You just proved it.

St. Augustine's treatise is valuable because people can study what he wrote, compare it to God's word and possibly find that their faith has grown stronger as a result - whether they find what he wrote was correct or not.