• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How should we react to "antiChrist" among us?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
When we experience someone who could be seen as an Anti-Christ, what would be a good or correct way to deal with this kind of being? Anti-Christ in my understanding is someone pretending to be someone they are not within a religion or spiritual practice. But I think there are many forms of what can be called Anti-Christ even in other religions/spiritual practices then Christianity.

When it does not help to explain how and why some see this individual as anti-Christ, would one just ignore this person or try helping even when we get a lot of "crap" back at us for helping?

Erebus

Anti-Christ in my understanding is someone pretending to be someone they are not within a religion or spiritual practice.

I'm not completely certain what you mean by this.

If it's that somebody claims to belong to a particular religion but doesn't actually believe in it then I think the best course of action is to ask yourself why. Is this somebody living in a profoundly religious area who might face prejudice if they aren't perceived to belong to that religion? Is it somebody who claims to belong to a religion in order to secure political or financial benefits?

In either case, I would ask what it is about this particular religion and its role in the surrounding culture that makes people feel it's in their best interest to pretend they believe in it.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I'm not completely certain what you mean by this.

If it's that somebody claims to belong to a particular religion but doesn't actually believe in it then I think the best course of action is to ask yourself why. Is this somebody living in a profoundly religious area who might face prejudice if they aren't perceived to belong to that religion? Is it somebody who claims to belong to a religion in order to secure political or financial benefits?

In either case, I would ask what it is about this particular religion and its role in the surrounding culture that makes people feel it's in their best interest to pretend they believe in it.
I mean if someone claims to be a God, Messiah, ArcAngel but from their words, it is easy to dismiss them. And they speak bad or even evil about other Spiritual teachers or Buddhas, Gods.
To me, that can be seen as AntiChrist because they think they give good explanations but what they actually do is to undermind and be evil to actual enlighten beings
And an Anti-Christ is opposite of a true messiah, God or Buddha, they don't help people to become enlighten, but want people to listen to them(the anti-christ) in an egoistic way

RabbiO

הרב יונה בן זכריה
When we experience someone who could be seen as an Anti-Christ, what would be a good or correct way to deal with this kind of being? Anti-Christ in my understanding is someone pretending to be someone they are not within a religion or spiritual practice. But I think there are many forms of what can be called Anti-Christ even in other religions/spiritual practices then Christianity.

When it does not help to explain how and why some see this individual as anti-Christ, would one just ignore this person or try helping even when we get a lot of "crap" back at us for helping?

I understand your frustration, but subtle this thread is not and I suspect you posted in the heat of the moment.

That is usually not the wisest path.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I understand your frustration, but subtle this thread is not and I suspect you posted in the heat of the moment.

That is usually not the wisest path.
No, this thread was intended the way I wanted it. And yes it is possible to read between the lines. But no names have been mention. And honestly, I am not agitated or frustrated at all. My mind is very calm and collected. But there have been many who claim to be someone they are not. And actually, I see it around where I live too here in Norway.
So even you can read between the lines, this thread is also mean on a broader issue.

Erebus

I mean if someone claims to be a God, Messiah, ArcAngel but from their words, it is easy to dismiss them. And they speak bad or even evil about other Spiritual teachers or Buddhas, Gods.
To me, that can be seen as AntiChrist because they think they give good explanations but what they actually do is to undermind and be evil to actual enlighten beings
And an Anti-Christ is opposite of a true messiah, God or Buddha, they don't help people to become enlighten, but want people to listen to them(the anti-christ) in an egoistic way

Ah, I understand now.

I also suspect you're making this thread in response to somebody on the forum. With that in mind, I'm going to bow out and say no more.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member

I see Antichrist as that period when chaotic information from the unconscious breaks through to the conscious mind, but the conscious mind hasn't examined it yet in order to resolve the psychological hang-ups coloring it yet. Each person is different, with their own unique set of psychological hang ups, so there is no single set rule on how to proceed. Compassion is associated with skillfulness. What's the best way to help free them from their poisons and heal them? That would depend on the individual in question.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
New When we experience someone who could be seen as an Anti-Christ, what would be a good or correct way to deal with this kind of being?
Oh yeah.. this is an easy one.

In America we have an expression. It's a perfect fit for this situation.

You asked "what would be a good or correct way to deal with this kind of being?"

Answer: Check your self, before you wreck your self.

As a former Buddhist, you should be able to appreciate how identifying ***anyone*** as Antichrist will 100% Wreck your 'self'.

Besides, all of this, the entire concept of this thread, is counter productive for a Falun Dafa cultivator.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
Even among the Shamanic traditions, a person going through this stage is considered to be a new healer/shaman being born. These are the "birth pains."

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I view it as more of a fufillment. I mean YIN YANG looks like two opposites, yet in truth they are not.

Have you noticed in mythology, there's almost always two forces revolving around each other, not realizing they will always be one and the same.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
Even among the Shamanic traditions, a person going through this stage is considered to be a new healer/shaman being born. These are the "birth pains."
I kinda want to go back through my Falun Dafa source texts. I feel like Master Li discouraged the idea of Antichrist.

But I could be wrong...

I am quite sure, though, that he would discourage attachment to the label as a pejorative

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Relationships are inherently personal. As such, they are always something that has to be negotiated between the people directly involved in them. It is on you what you want to do in situations like this. You can establish blanket rules for yourself or you can assess on a case-by-case basis. The decision is yours.

Personally, the concept of an "anti-christ" doesn't really register in my brain so this specific type of case would be a non-issue for me. Doubly so because all the "anti-christ" label does is demonize another person. I don't find demonizing people to be acceptable or useful except in extreme cases that have very, very rarely ever come up in my life. It is almost never justified to demonize someone, but your mileage may vary.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member

I wouldn't describe anyone like this as an antichrist."

In my experience, people who we might see as hypocritical or "pretending" are often serious. What you see as inconsistent or even evil likely isn't inconsistent or evil by their own judgment.

Yes, con artists and charlatans are a thing sometimes, but thoughtless yet sincere people are way more common, IMO.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
someone who could be seen as an Anti-Christ
My understanding is that an anti-Christ would have much influence over the world, and have demonic powers of persuasion...

...and that many millions of people would follow him (or her)

I imagine an anti-Christ would be some kind of high-profile public figure

I don't think any person we could seriously consider to be an anti-Christ would be hanging around on an obscure internet forum all day, passively waiting for End Times to play out

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
When we experience someone who could be seen as an Anti-Christ, what would be a good or correct way to deal with this kind of being?
The best way to deal with demonic type beings, is to wish them unconditional love; as they hate light and wisdom.

Many religions believe by reciting their religious doctrine at them, it will vanquish them; because we're educating them with righteousness.

In my opinion.
:innocent:

3rdAngel

Kind of a funny thread this one. I believe we cannot really talk about anything in this thread in my view until you define what is meant by the term "antichrist". The Greek is ἀντίχριστος; antichristos; From G473 and G5547; an opponent of the Messiah: - antichrist. So for me "antichrist" would mean anything that opposes Christ and his Word.

MonkeyFire

Even non-violence can be viewed as a antI-Christ, but pacifism remains. Should I be a anti-Christ for having a new, or different religion/explanation of the dharma than you?

Jesuslightoftheworld

The world has nothing to offer us!

The Antichrist referred to in Revelations is a person who comes into focus during end times. He will come as a peacemaker, but then he will change and claim himself as God. He will make everyone worship him. Many people will be deceived and they will take the mark of the beast. This is known as the Tribulation. Jesus will come to take His peoples hope do not have the mark.