• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Should We Pray?

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
I notice that you are an Animist. I've recently been reading about the Navajo belief, the height of which is called Hozho. Some of their beliefs bring sense to my life. Will I convert to it? I don't trust anyone that much.
Simply the recognition the there are persons other than humans, that those persons can be basically anywhere and anything, and that all persons deserve respect...Not sure that recognizing interconnection and beauty requires conversion at all...

May you find your way pleasant:cool:

leov

So, you going to elaborate?
Achieving higher level of consciousness is big chunk of scriptures. Christ Jesus said to worship Father in Spirit as Father is Spirit. It says

‘Our Father who is in heaven,
Hallowed be Your name.

10‘Your kingdom come.
Your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven.'
There is no the Kingdom of Father on Earth, Jesus says Father is in Heaven, only way you can approach Father is with your Spirit as reality, e.g. in truth. Come on out.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
I've been thinking about the way and state that various beliefs use when praying.

Not picking on anyone.

Islam just came to mind first since it is still close to my heart. The men seem outwardly to have the least rules to obey. The women must get all covered up almost as if by bed sheets. Though there is no requirement for them to go to Mosque. Some interpret that to mean they are less worthy, while others see that women are more busy with the house and children so can not. The actual Muslim prayers are available on YouTube and may enrich the lives of even non Muslims, inshallah.

Christians, I think of as the hedonists of religion. 1 Cor. 11 clearly states that women should pray with their heads covered, but in my experience few do it, using the lame excuse that it was a cultural thing...
Most of us do not understand what it is to "pray amiss", and I hope that the ignorance is forgivable.

I try to use The Lord's Prayer as a model. Hyeah, I know that lots of folk are fond of their fantasies about Worthiness, Repentance, and all sorts of things. As far as I am concerned we start praying from where we are at the time.

Just the rantings of an old mind.
I thought Muslim women were banned from the Mosque sanctuary. They have to remain in a different room altogether .

Ellen Brown

I thought Muslim women were banned from the Mosque sanctuary. They have to remain in a different room altogether .

It varies from Mosque to Mosque. I've been places where we were in a different room and could not even see the one who offered Prayer. In another place we were separated by a low wall of bookcases. In the time of the Prophet Muhammad PBUH there was a round tent, and they all went in one door with the men on one side and the sisters on the other. Eventually there were two doors.

Not surprisingly, the shatun had his way, perverting the worship and the men were in front and the women in back. In some parts of the world women were not allowed into the Mosque at all. Saudi Arabia was that way at one time but I do not know about today?

In California and in the UK, there are now women only Mosques. I imagined that caused a great fitnah (uproar), but the men brought it on themselves.

Ellen Brown

Simply the recognition the there are persons other than humans, that those persons can be basically anywhere and anything, and that all persons deserve respect...Not sure that recognizing interconnection and beauty requires conversion at all...

May you find your way pleasant:cool:

Ahéhee' (Thank You). Native Navajo language is impossible for those who have not learned it as a child. :) Some of the sounds are said while deeply inhaling.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I pray in paisley Speedos.

I'm well-endowed, so if I were just wearing a speedo at the beach, then other men would become jealous of me or intimidated by me; out of modesty for avoidance of any hard feelings towards me, I'd have too cover myself with additional attire .

Last edited:

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
I've been thinking about the way and state that various beliefs use when praying.

Not picking on anyone.

Islam just came to mind first since it is still close to my heart. The men seem outwardly to have the least rules to obey. The women must get all covered up almost as if by bed sheets. Though there is no requirement for them to go to Mosque. Some interpret that to mean they are less worthy, while others see that women are more busy with the house and children so can not. The actual Muslim prayers are available on YouTube and may enrich the lives of even non Muslims, inshallah.

Christians, I think of as the hedonists of religion. 1 Cor. 11 clearly states that women should pray with their heads covered, but in my experience few do it, using the lame excuse that it was a cultural thing...
Most of us do not understand what it is to "pray amiss", and I hope that the ignorance is forgivable.

I try to use The Lord's Prayer as a model. Hyeah, I know that lots of folk are fond of their fantasies about Worthiness, Repentance, and all sorts of things. As far as I am concerned we start praying from where we are at the time.

An average sized human being is merely approximately 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000003 percent the size of the observable universe. Hence, a mighty all-encompassing being likely wouldn't care that much about how or what any comparatively insignificant sized human does.

Last edited:

dianaiad

That's very much like I pray. And then I find my mind wandering and I have to apologize and say, "Oh, Father, I'm so sorry. I lost my train of thought. What was it I was saying to you now?"
Me too.

but as long as I remember to address what I'm talking about to the Right Guy? (and to those who think MY 'Right Guy" is not the 'real' Right Guy, I think He still listens. He knows Who He Is) it's all good. I've used Tevye's example all my life, since before I first saw "Fiddler." It was very good to see that someone knows how it's really done. ;)

RedDragon94

Love everyone, meditate often

Not picking on anyone.

The term repentance has lost it's flare, people equate it with religiosity these days.