• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
How science is part of God

One attribute of God is Omniscience = Omni Science
When science sees that God is Omni Science
Maybe it is easier to accept God as part of their research
Not only a Part but a Major Part, being "Omni Science"

So atheists and scientists can embrace God
So theists can embrace science

Just a thought for atheists, theists and scientists to chew on

Skwim

Veteran Member
Errr. The "science" in omniscience is not

Science:
a department of systematized knowledge as an object of study: e.g. the science of geology
But

Science:
the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding​

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
If God is real then why would he be opposed to science? If God does not lie then the sciences allow us to learn more about the universe. If God lies all bets are off. At any rate the sciences appear to be more and more reliable as time goes on. The existence of a god is not yet indicated, but at least it looks like as if there is a god that that god does not lie. We know what that means for Bible literalists.

Reactions: Mox

whirlingmerc

Depends what you mean by science... if you mean truth... yes... God is truth
However if you mean the assumptions of secularism/humansism/atheist plus the data then no... that would not be

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Depends what you mean by science... if you mean truth... yes... God is truth
However if you mean the assumptions of secularism/humansism/atheist plus the data then no... that would not be
More bearing of false witness. You will not be able to make a case for any assumptions. You have always failed at that in the past.

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member

I do not consider science a part of God, I am a Theist and I consider science simply discovering the knowledge and attributes of Creation from the human perspective. The attributes of God are reflected in our Natural existence. Atheists see the same attributes of our existence and see no God(s).

Science is neutral as to whether God exists, and I do not provide any argument for the existence of God based on science noor the processes of nature we observe. Scientists and all humans are simply observers of the processes of the natural course of our physical existence.

Frater Sisyphus

Contradiction, irrationality and disorder
I agree fully but the major stipulation relating to perspective (literally speaking) is that God is in the macrocosm, yet we are in the microcosm - therefore it is impossible for us to fathom that macrocosm scientifically speaking, even with our most powerful telescopes, there's only the observable universe to go by in this respect. But on the other hand, there is the quantum level, which offers possible insight via the ancient knowledge "as above, so below"

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Errr. The "science" in omniscience is not
Science:
a department of systematized knowledge as an object of study: e.g. the science of geology​
But
Science:
the state of knowing : knowledge as distinguished from ignorance or misunderstanding.
Thank you for the beautiful definition.

I found it just a nice coincidence, that "science" was in "omni science", yet people have so much trouble to combine them

So yes, I was fully aware of the 2 definitions being different. I was just giving a nice wordplay IMO. As to make a bridge from science<-->God

Cacotopia

Let's go full Trottle
I don't think the bridge between god and science will ever be made complete, unless I guess you define god as only knowledge. And science seeks only god. Which under those parameters it works. But god in this definition is not an intelligent agent, it's not a creator, it is just knowledge. I want to be clear that under this definition god is not an entity, it is just all knowledge, and that to reach god, there needs to be no more questions.

Current definitions of god in my point of view is a sort of submission to the unknown and accepting the unknown but not seeking to reveal it. If you were to unveil god, then faith would no longer hold any importance. Which could possibly be a bad thing, if one god were "discovered" I'm sure a frenzy might ensue to find others of other religions. Or maybe they would all submit to the revealed god, who knows what would happen.

I think the theists' greatest asset is what the collective knowledge of humanity doesn't understand. Because their gods exist there. Their power comes from the comfort they can provide to others in what happens to your consciousness after death, that's puzzled scientists for ages. (is there a soul) where does it go, They apparently know through faith. And I suppose that brings people peace with mortal beings such as ourselves.