• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Quickly Religious Myths Can Appear. Why Is This Not Possible About Jesus?

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
If you cannot be honest and civil than i guess i am onto a winner, thanks for your time
Your response here is usually what happens when a decent response other than, “Gee, I was mistaken. Thanks for the information.” Can’t be had.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Your response here is usually what happens when a decent response other than, “Gee, I was mistaken. Thanks for the information.” Can’t be had.

Can you not read?

And pulling a bullpoop blind to cover up is not going to make any difference to the fact you repeatedly moved the goalposts.

But if you feel good about deception despite the fact the evidence is clear to read, feel free to delude yourself,you dont delude anyone else.

sojourner

Can you not read?

And pulling a bullpoop blind to cover up is not going to make any difference to the fact you repeatedly moved the goalposts.

But if you feel good about deception despite the fact the evidence is clear to read, feel free to delude yourself,you dont delude anyone else.
I thought you were done? Or was that, too, a misleading statement?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I thought you were done? Or was that, too, a misleading statement?

I am done with your bullpoop... As i said, nothing misleading in anything i say but i think you project to much
However, if you want to continue with insults i will respond in kind

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Whatever do you mean? Turning water into wine, feeding 5000 people out of a kid's lunchbox, healing a blind man, walking on water, calming the weather, rising from the dead, appearing and disappearing at will, filling a trawling net with fish, raising Lazarus, etc. These are all myths that arose about Jesus within a couple of generations after his death.
"Turning water into wine"

It is a third person narrative, never claimed by Jesus in "first person". Right, please?

Regards

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
That's very nice, but the NT wasn't considered "scripture" until the 400s. So the gospel stories began as "custom outside of scripture." Your argument fails.
"NT wasn't considered "scripture" until the 400s"

Is it an acknowledgement that Jesus has nothing to do with this scripture called NT, please?

Regards

sojourner

Is it an acknowledgement that Jesus has nothing to do with this scripture called NT, please?

Regards
No. The texts do contain certain quotations from Jesus. Plz refer to my earlier post regarding Apostolic Tradition, and why it’s authoritative.

We Never Know

No Slack
Why would an all knowing god create something it knew would fail?

We are just humans, another animal on this planet with limited knowledge but we have common sense and enough smarts that we won't create anything that we know will fail.

If we even think it's going to fail we will scrap it and start over.

sojourner

Is it an acknowledgement that the "anonymous documents" later called "Gospels" were tampered by Pagan-Pauline-Christianity to make it mythical, please?

Regards
No. The documents were not “tampered with.” They were written as mythic accounts. Please note that the term “mythic” in literary circles does not mean “fake.” It’s simply a genre of literature.

sojourner

Why would an all knowing god create something it knew would fail?

We are just humans, another animal on this planet with limited knowledge but we have common sense and enough smarts that we won't create anything that we know will fail.

If we even think it's going to fail we will scrap it and start over.
What do you think has failed?

Desert Snake

Veteran Member

Regards
No, it means canon or collected books, called the 'Bible'.

We know that Matthew, Mark, and John are authored early, because the early established didn't interpret everything correctly, later. So obviously they didn't write something they didn't know.

sojourner

His perfect creation of human failed by disobeying and sinning.

One would think if you are a god and going to create something, you would create it not to disobey its creator for a start.
God never claimed that we are created “perfect.” As a creation, though, we are created “very good.” Since we are created through and for love, we can only approach God on our own. Forced love ... isn’t.

We Never Know

No Slack
God never claimed that we are created “perfect.” As a creation, though, we are created “very good.” Since we are created through and for love, we can only approach God on our own. Forced love ... isn’t.

And that's your belief which I can respect.

OTOH why would a all knowing god create something that would defy him?

sojourner

And that's your belief which I can respect.

OTOH why would a all knowing god create something that would defy him?
Because we have to approach God on our own. Defiance is a characteristic of the will. So is compliance. A forced relationship is no relationship.