• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Philodoxically Inclined Do Others Perceive You?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
@SalixIncendium I don't see you as opinionated/argumentative but you do have knowledge that i respect (ok, creeping to staff over) and agree with. Mostly less than 50%... But... always a but... When you have a point that is opposed you can get pretty 80%

How's about dear old sweet me... Any body!

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
Though he hasn't posted in this thread, I'd consider @Quagmire one of the less/least argumentative/dogmatic people in debates, and here is why...

Suppose me and Quag ever argued a subject. The first two posts would be nothing but serious. Then, before we settled the matter, we'd be off talking about monkeys and giving each other Funny/Winner frubals. One of us would probably eventually ask if we want to go back to the subject, in which the other replies, "Nah." Then we both go on our ways.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What does 80% mean in this situation? Does it mean you stop when the thread reaches 80% of its final length?

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
What does 80% mean in this situation? Does it mean you stop when the thread reaches 80% of its final length?

Hah. I don't know how to answer your question regarding the 80% thread length, should you want an answer to it.... but I'd probably rate you at 50%, though you're a little hard to rate on the argumentative/dogmatic scale because you have a certain way with language, that stays the same whether you're talking cats, or Christianity and how it relates or doesn't relate to Satanism.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
This thread is a piggy-back of Philodoxically inclined?, because I don't want to derail that thread.

In that thread, you select how argumentative and dogmatic you perceive yourself. I thought it might be a fun exercise (and @Meow Mix apparently did as well) to find out how argumentative and dogmatic others perceive you and compare notes with how you perceive yourself.

Anyone so inclined may reply and find out how others perceive you in this respect.

Now do me! :D
I'd say you have very particular designs or particular strong opinions, but I don't know if it makes you argumentative. You have aplomb, a cautious style.

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I'd say you have very particular designs or particular strong opinions, but I don't know if it makes you argumentative. You have aplomb, a cautious style.
Ageing gracefully. (The Passionate Pink and Lime Green Paisley supplies the necessary brashness, which is why I want that shirt!)

mikkel_the_dane

My own religion
This thread is a piggy-back of Philodoxically inclined?, because I don't want to derail that thread.

In that thread, you select how argumentative and dogmatic you perceive yourself. I thought it might be a fun exercise (and @Meow Mix apparently did as well) to find out how argumentative and dogmatic others perceive you and compare notes with how you perceive yourself.

Anyone so inclined may reply and find out how others perceive you in this respect.

I only remember one exchange where you left after I made a counter to your claim and we didn't reach any conclusion. As for your general personna I don't do that well, but I overall feel, you are 10%.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara