• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How often are teenagers supposed to masturbate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renji

Indeed.

That's nonsense. just 2 seconds of google search has provided me with articles of the British government recommending British teen agers to have an orgasm every day.

A major mistake that a one person could do in a nursing research and pathological research is relying everything on the net. Nursing( as well as med) is evidence based, not document based, you cannot disprove my claim by just merely using google. It is best to ask an MD (first hand information) for a more reliable basis.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
A major mistake that a one person could do in a nursing research and pathological research is relying everything on the net. Nursing( as well as med) is evidence based, not document based, you cannot disprove my claim by just merely using google. It is best to ask an MD (first hand information) for a more reliable basis.
One of the most important things for the psychiatrist who dealt with my PTSD was to question me I get off enough as I should, as in often. he is highly acclaimed in his field through out the world, highly sought after to give lectures in the US and the UK, and throughout Europe.
I think I'll take my chances with him than Filipino doctors, apparently.

Renji

I think I'll take my chances with him than Filipino doctors, apparently.... Sounds racist to me, well ok, I'm done.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I think I'll take my chances with him than Filipino doctors, apparently.... Sounds racist to me, well ok, I'm done.
Racist? no. If all Filipino doctors are like your professor I would just call them incompetent. you can call it racism if you like, I don't mind.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Just an aside note -

As the mother of three young men (ages 17, 22, and 24) I can assure you that moms know what you're doing - and we know where you're hiding your "evidence." We just aren't calling your hand on it because there are some things we'd rather not know more details about!

mom-and-me-as-a-teenager.jpg

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Just an aside note -

As the mother of three young men (ages 17, 22, and 24) I can assure you that moms know what you're doing - and we know where you're hiding your "evidence." We just aren't calling your hand on it because there are some things we'd rather not know more details about!

Oh, well that's nice of her.

But then, you're going off of YOUR experience as a mom. Frankly, I think even you are far superior to my mom in intuition if not intellect as well. :D

blackout

Violet.
I can hardly imagine there is any difference in
how often a male "should" have intercourse
and how often a male "should" masterbate.

The physical end effect is pretty much identical, no?

The question makes no sense to me. :shrug:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
I can hardly imagine there is any difference in
how often a male "should" have intercourse
and how often a male "should" masterbate.

The physical end effect is pretty much identical, no?

The question makes no sense to me. :shrug:
I can't believe you just said that Vi ;)

comparing masturbation to sex with a woman is like comparing cheap wine from an unknown land to top French wine. or comparing riding your bicycles to driving a Porsche.

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
I can't believe you just said that Vi ;)

comparing masturbation to sex with a woman is like comparing cheap wine from an unknown land to top French wine. or comparing driving your bicycles to driving a Porsche.

:p

My personal love feasts ARE sex with a woman :flirt: haha!

You know I meant as a "health issue".
Isn't that what this thread is about?

Kathryn

Oh, well that's nice of her.

But then, you're going off of YOUR experience as a mom. Frankly, I think even you are far superior to my mom in intuition if not intellect as well. :D

Well, thanks, T Dawg, for the backhanded sort of compliment - but don't underestimate your mom. You know how familiarity breeds contempt...

perfect%20mom.jpg

I'm sure the feeling is mutual most days - teens are hardly fit for human consumption.
kevinperryBBC170806_228x308.jpg

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Because of the danger of premature semen and a heavy sensation on the sacrum (especially on males). Research also shows that people who are chronic "masturbaters" have poor muscle tone (especially on males).
Danger of premature ejaculation? That is perfectly normal for men to do. It's why the pulling out method is not a recommended form of birth control. Because the chances of it failing because of a premature ejaculation are high. And as for muscle tone, how does that work? You are using muscles, not letting them atrophy. If anything, you might be able to spot a frequent male masturbator if one arm appears to have larger muscles. Now of course you shouldn't force yourself to, but I have yet to see any credible source say there are any negative consequences to frequent masturbation.

1-2 times a week= Moderate 3-5 times= Average but again factors such as the race and age might alter these numbers.
082502yes_prv.gif

Do you really expect a teenaged boy to only orgasm 3-5 times a week? And as for five times a week being dangerous, that amounts to averaging out to less than once per day. Myself, if I don't get at least twice that amount (usually about triple) a week, then I start to feel frustrated. Everyone's sexual needs are different, but 5 times a week really isn't that much. Personally if I had a patient who was a teenaged boy that told me only has a couple orgasms a week (from either sex from availability of a partner, masturbation, or both), I would send him to a medical doctor for blood work to make sure his endocrine system is functioning correctly and his hormones aren't imbalanced. I'd even be concerned if a female patient was that inactive.

Chronic masturbation is the same at any age, I think.
Nah. For men, testosterone levels are highest during teens and the twenties. This means an 18 year old boy is going to masturbate much more frequently than a 40 year old man. That is of course assuming neither one have a sexual partner. As for women, they generally don't reach their sexual peek until their 30's.

Nursing( as well as med) is evidence based, not document based, you cannot disprove my claim by just merely using google. It is best to ask an MD (first hand information) for a more reliable basis.
And psychologist acknowledge that humans are sexual, and that humans need sexual release to have good mental health. After all, the vibrator was invented during the 1880's as a medical treatment for women suffering from hysteria and neurasthenia from a lack of sexual release. And you should know there are plenty of credible sources on the net, such .edu's which are usually a pretty safe bet to go with.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Well, thanks, T Dawg, for the backhanded sort of compliment - but don't underestimate your mom. You know how familiarity breeds contempt...

perfect%20mom.jpg

I'm sure the feeling is mutual most days - teens are hardly fit for human consumption.
kevinperryBBC170806_228x308.jpg

Neither of those pictures look like neither me nor my mom. I'm actually rather conservative-looking, my dress style hasn't really changed much over the years despite me overcoming the way my parents raised/brainwashed me from a young age.

Kathryn

Neither of those pictures look like neither me nor my mom. I'm actually rather conservative-looking, my dress style hasn't really changed much over the years despite me overcoming the way my parents raised/brainwashed me from a young age.

You just THINK you don't look that way.

T-Dawg, get a sense of humor! I was being facetious! Sheeze.

Griggsy

I can and do wax my carrot from dawn till dusk, wet or dry, no sores have ever appeared. I suspect your allergic to a lotion ingredient like lanolin or sorbolene. Theres also the chance that you have herpes or genital warts. Either way I think you should see a doctor. Once you get those sores cleaned up you should get a casual job to reduce boredom and use up some excess energy. Also you mentioned scratches, you might want to trim those nails its much safer and more attractive. Doctor, manicure and employment the holy trinity of masturbation. If all else fails at lest you have disposable income to spend on hookers. :dancer:

Status
Not open for further replies.