• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How often are teenagers supposed to masturbate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In medicine, chronic masturbation is considered bad.;)
How exactly would one go about diagnosing this in a teenager boy? I'm curious. Does the criteria vary by age group?

Renji

As often as needed when the moment is appropriate. Generally five times a week is considered ideal for the health benefits of ejaculation, such as a reduced chance of prostate problems and cancer. But with teen boys, 5 times a day is perfectly normal.

1-2 times a week= Moderate 3-5 times= Average but again factors such as the race and age might alter these numbers.:yes:

But if you do it 5 times a day within a week, that's quite dangerous. Because of the danger of premature semen and a heavy sensation on the sacrum (especially on males). Research also shows that people who are chronic "masturbaters" have poor muscle tone (especially on males). So therefore, to avoid prostate enlargement and cancer, one should masturbate but if you feel that it is not the right time to do it (painful sensation on the sexual organ, sores, fast ejaculation), then don't. :)

Renji

How exactly would one go about diagnosing this in a teenager boy? I'm curious. Does the criteria vary by age group?

Factors such as the race, hormonal imbalance and age could affect a particular diagnosis on this.

One could actually find out if he is doing chronic masturbation. For example, there are some patients who do masturbation even if they feel a painful sensation on their penis,he masturbates several times a day and 7 times a week or they easily reach their climax for a short duration. That might be an indicator that your masturbation is already chronic, BUT, then again, that doesn't mean that there's something wrong already. There is also a test wherein the sperm will be examined if it has any deformity or if it is low in count.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Evidence? sources? Well from my study. I study nursing and our professor discussed it on our anatomy and physiology (reproductive system health). That's how wonderful our body is, it has a mechanism to tell us to stop whenever there's something happening in it. Any other questions?;)
Sounds like Catholic 'doctrine', rather than serious nursing studies.
a healthy teen ager, masturbating just 1 or 2 times a week? on what planet? ;)
spank that monkey I say. as someone above said, there are ZERO studies that indicate that masturbating as much as you have the urge to will cause ANY harm.

Last edited:

Midnight Pete

OP:

The appearance of sores/scabs/scars on your penis means it's time to stop masturbating for a while. Not an easy question to ask, I know, but these questions have to be asked somewhere. How old are you?

Renji

Sounds like Catholic 'doctrine', rather than serious nursing studies.
a healthy teen ager, masturbating just 1 or 2 times a week? on what planet? ;)
spank that monkey I say. as someone above said, there are ZERO studies that indicate that masturbating as much as you have the urge to will case ANY harm.

Lol, catholic doctrine says that masturbation SHOULD NOT be done, as opposed to what my prof said (although he's kinda boring). Penis is made up of soft, erectile tissue with blood vessels (blood on those vessels make the penis erect). If you do "it" wrong, blood can actually come out together with the semen (if your asking for an evidence, then try masturbating 7- 10 times a day, only with 3-5 minutes break in between and 7 times a week :D). Also, it doesn't mean that if there's no specific study on a particular bodily activity, you'll just ignore the precautions and consider it safe. Just everything in moderation ;). If you're still not convinced, well I am certainly not imposing my self, better ask a doctor.

Midnight Pete

I agree with Lawrence-- ask a doctor!

And FWIW, the biblical story of Onan is probably misunderstood. It wasn't masturbation itself that Onan was punished for. He was punished (read: killed) by God because he chose not to impregnate his dead brother's wife. Onan spilled his seed when said seed was supposed to fertilize an egg of the woman he was with.

I don't pay much attention to the OT, anyway.

Midnight Pete

Chronic masturbation is the same at any age, I think.

Did anyone see that episode of Seinfeld where George becomes a hand-model? :biglaugh:

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Lol, catholic doctrine says that masturbation SHOULD NOT be done, as opposed to what my prof said (although he's kinda boring). Penis is made up of soft, erectile tissue with blood vessels (blood on those vessels make the penis erect). If you do "it" wrong, blood can actually come out together with the semen (if your asking for an evidence, then try masturbating 7- 10 times a day, only with 3-5 minutes break in between and 7 times a week :D). Also, it doesn't mean that if there's no specific study on a particular bodily activity, you'll just ignore the precautions and consider it safe. Just everything in moderation ;). If you're still not convinced, well I am certainly not imposing my self, better ask a doctor.
You are now talking about completely different issues than masturbating only 1 or twice a week.
and I'm sure any doctor (normal western doctor) who'll hear about a teen ager masturbating once a week, is going to take the mother to the side and going to have a conversation with her about her son...

Renji

You are now talking about completely different issues than masturbating only 1 or twice a week.
and I'm sure any doctor (normal western doctor) who'll hear about a teen ager masturbating once a week, is going to take the mother to the side and going to have a conversation with her about her son...

Then many Filipino teenagers should consult a doctor then? Anyway, you might not understand what I'm taking about because of cultural differences. But anyway, I have said what I must say. Long post doesn't really help. Inform maybe but it doesn't help at all.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Then many Filipino teenagers should consult a doctor then? Anyway, you might not understand what I'm taking about because of cultural differences.
I'm surprised that you know the sexual habits of all Filipino teen agers.
and it might have to do with cultural differences. when I was in an Israeli junior high, they stressed to us that there is absolutely nothing wrong with masturbation, and they certainly didn't talk about any limits to how times should a guy or a girl get off.
like I said, perhaps if you could support your claim with serious medical or academic articles, some of us can take it more seriously.

Renji

I'm surprised that you know the sexual habits of all Filipino teen agers.
and it might have to do with cultural differences. when I was in an Israeli junior high, they stressed to us that there is absolutely nothing wrong with masturbation, and they certainly didn't talk about any limits to how times should a guy or a girl get off.
like I said, perhaps if you could support your claim with serious medical or academic articles, some of us can take it more seriously.

Ofcourse there's nothing wrong with it, if taken in moderation. If you're asking for any support, then try asking a doctor (include the risk of diseases when overdone). And you must have misunderstood what I said, 1-2 times a week is not a fixed number (as I said it may be altered by many factors) but the recommended. It's like saying that a young male should do it "atleast" once or twice a week. Did I say in any of my post that you should do it only within those numbers? That's funny. I just said that it should be done in moderation.... And as I said there are indicators that a person is overdoing it.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
And you must have misunderstood what I said, 1-2 times a week is not a fixed number (as I said it may be altered by many factors) but the recommended.
The recommended?
Same nonsense. once or twice a week of masturbation for a sex crazed teen ager?
that's ridiculous.
Sorry, but your professor, doesn't sound like an MD, he sounds like a priest, or a witch doctor. :cool:

Renji

The recommended?
that's ridiculous.
Sorry, but your professor, doesn't sound like an MD, he sounds like a priest, or a witch doctor. :cool:

Well ask other doctors. Some are even strict on saying it should be only once or twice a week. Yeah its crazy, horrible, ridiculous (call it whatever you want) but it's true. And for your info, I'm not studying in a low standard institution for my prof to say such fallacious statement. I can't give a document as a proof (for now) because first and foremost, the medical field don't give much focus on the issue. If you want to know any info about it, ask a doctor personally and you'll see what I'm talking about. Salamat, Kamsahamnida;)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Yeah its crazy, horrible, ridiculous
Indeed.
I can't give a document as a proof (for now) because first and foremost, the medical field don't give much focus on the issue.
That's nonsense. just 2 seconds of google search has provided me with articles of the British government recommending British teen agers to have an orgasm every day.

Renji

The recommended?
that's ridiculous.

Well ask other doctors. Some are even strict on saying it should be only once or twice a week. Yeah its crazy, horrible, ridiculous (call it whatever you want) but it's true. And for your info, I'm not studying in a low standard institution for my prof to say such fallacious statement. I can't give a document as a proof (for now) because first and foremost, the medical field don't give much focus on the issue. If you want to know any info about it, ask a doctor personally and you'll see what I'm talking about. Salamat, Kamsahamnida;)

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
Evidently lack of sexual activity causes tragic and strange side effects as repeating oneself... :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.