• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How Much of an Authoritarian Are You?

How did you score?

• 80% or more

• 60%-79%

• 40%-59%

• 20%-39%

• 19% or less

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Nah, you want to control who is allowed to start what business where.
Commie!
Not so much what business as what theyre doing, where they're doing, how, why, and when.
And wanton consumption would be discouraged and replaced with meaningful pursuits the norm.
We'd still have what we have today. Minus a wall full of different toothpastes that are basically about all the same, no more monopolies woth some serious corporate busting going on, and no green lawns from watering during a draught.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Not so much what business as what theyre doing, where they're doing, how, why, and when.
And wanton consumption would be discouraged and replaced with meaningful pursuits the norm.
We'd still have what we have today. Minus a wall full of different toothpastes that are basically about all the same, no more monopolies woth some serious corporate busting going on, and no green lawns from watering during a draught.
You start off with "Not so...", & then proceed to confirm what I posted.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You start off with "Not so...", & then proceed to confirm what I posted.
Its not as much about what business they go into. Its what they do while in business that concerns me. Unless it's a hitman business. That is definitely a no. But in general, asides from marketing, do whatever. Just clean up your mess, no exploitation, and if resources are scarce oh well we have to figure out how to ween ourselves off the scarce and use something else. And absolutely no more planned obsoletion, "lease for privilege of use" software that has been by conventional understandings and purchased, and repairs must be allowed and repair gyides and parts made available to the public. Stuff like that.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Its not as much about what business they go into. Its what they do while in business that concerns me. Unless it's a hitman business. That is definitely a no. But in general, asides from marketing, do whatever. Just clean up your mess, no exploitation, and if resources are scarce oh well we have to figure out how to ween ourselves off the scarce and use something else. And absolutely no more planned obsoletion, "lease for privilege of use" software that has been by conventional understandings and purchased, and repairs must be allowed and repair gyides and parts made available to the public. Stuff like that.
Heap'n evidence upon evidence there.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Everyone submits to authority to some degree, we all listen to authorities (be they parents, teachers, officials, police etc.) but some people take it further and submit to authority even when that authority is dishonest, corrupt, or otherwise pursueing its own self interests at the expense of everyone else's - that's Authoritarianism.

If 100% is a total authoritarian, I'm a bad authoritarian at 44.89%. :D It always says, "higher scores indication Right Wing Authoritarianism", even with that... lol

But, that being said... I'm just a center-moderate and often view things as such. I'm usually weighting the 'net gain' of something regardless of who espouses a position. But, it's doesn't surprise me at all that many here are for more left of me. :D

Some of the questions though were so heavily religiously colored to Christian perceptions that I was confused as to how to answer. Like, I might agree that, for example, "Something must be done", but then it'll say something like, 'to crush the infidels" after it... That wouldn't be a reason I support the position, etc... lol

So, is this post just to 'out' the enemies of the thought police or what? If it is, bring it, if not then it's Miller time. :D

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Going back to the PJ reference, my comments are in italics.

(1) Conventionalism, or how adherent one is to conventional, middle-class values; --- Evangelical conservatives check the box.

(2) Authoritarian aggression, meaning the tendency to reject, condemn, and punish those who violate the conventional norms; --- Some on the right check this box although if we replace 'conventional' with 'group', the left also has those who fit this.

(3) Destructiveness and Cynicism, that is, vilifying humans and holding a respective hostility; and --- Trump checks this box in spades

(4) Power and Toughness, meaning having a preoccupation with the dominance-submission mindframe and asserting an exaggerated degree of strength and toughness. --- Trump checks this box again in spades.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
This is really weird, because I have seen plenty of videos made by publically outspoken right-wingers who walk all over university campuses, often publically espousing their political views, without any fear of reprisal.

What do you think prompted this widespread, yet seemingly counterfactual, belief that Conservatives are being persecuted at university campuses?

I don't answer what I believe/feel/think are loaded questions.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Oh that's easy. We hate the Scottish, like all self-respecting people.
Scots & management are natural enemies.
Like moderators & Scots.
And administrators & Scots.
Other posters & Scots.
And Scots & other Scots.
Damned Scots, they....you know.