• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

How much is your God worth ?

John D

Spiritsurfer
I read this in a Biblestudy booklet.
On this Forum we talk a lot about God and sometimes people are quite outspoken. Clearly respect for God is at an all time low.

$3 Worth of God
blue.gif

"I would like to buy $3 worth of God, please.
Not enough to explode my soul or disturb my sleep, but just enough to equal a cup of warm milk or a snooze in the sunshine.
I don't want enough of Him to make me love a black man or pick beets with a migrant.
I want ecstasy, not transformation.
I want the warmth of the womb not a new birth.
I want about a pound of the eternal in a paper sack. I'd like to buy $3 worth of God, please."

Wilbur Reese
:sad4:

Pasted from <http://www.theseeker.org/cgi-bin/bulletin/show.pl?Tim Archer/$3 Worth of God

Walkntune

Reminds me of Acts ch.8 !8 thru 23

18When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles' hands, he offered them money 19and said, "Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit."
20Peter answered: "May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! 21You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God. 22Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord. Perhaps he will forgive you for having such a thought in your heart. 23For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin."

John D

Spiritsurfer
That's funny. I would even call it hilarious if I didn't see the truth of it so much in myself.

I was wondering if it is my $3 worth of God with which I want to convince people that make other people run when they hear "Christian".